Better ATHLETE Michael Jordan or LeBron James?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:stoneface:

Not backing down from that statement in anyway please let me know when anyone comes out there mouth to praise his basketball IQ. Big difference between talent and IQ. CP3 , Kobe etc for instance thats great bball IQ. Gets your facts right

wrong.

lebron is good because he practices and wants to be good. whats so hard to understand about that? he went to the heat, get over it. nobody ever talks about the cavs owner bashing him the second he left. obviously there relationship wasnt all that if he was so quick to to throw dirt on his name.

so let me get this straight you posting lebrons pass mixtape proved what exactly

Not backing down from that statement in anyway please let me know when anyone comes out there mouth to praise his basketball IQ. Big difference between talent and IQ. CP3 , Kobe etc for instance thats great bball IQ. Gets your facts right

LOL.

indifferent.gif
Right here!

From a soon to be Hall of Famer 
grin.gif

Last edited:
I'm not a Lebron guy but I respect that guy 100. So for some of ya'll to sit here and believe he has no basketball IQ is ridiculous.

The ones who say Lebron has a low ballin IQ are fools. Do you remember his Cleveland days? Man is a freak with point guard vision/capabilities. Not saying he's CP or Timmy D but common ...questioning his ballin IQ makes me question yours.

Better Athlete? Lebron, undoubtedly. Dude is bigger, faster, and stronger than Jordan.

Better Basketball player? Jordan, and only because we've seen what he has accomplished on the court. The jury is still out on Lebron still because he's still playing. Only at the conclusion of his playing career can we juxtapose him next to MJ to decide who was the better basketball player, overall.

:stoneface:

Right here!

From a soon to be Hall of Famer >D
His former teammate, same guy who said d12 ISNT A TOP CENTER IN THE LEAGUE. :rolleyes
Im not disagreeing with your statement but please find a better article. I think magic said something similar.

Come on man

People really believe LeBron has a low basketball IQ?

I think this dude has a higher IQ then he does actual basketball skill.

I don't like LeBron either but I don't let the hate cloud my judgement.

Come on man
People really believe LeBron has a low basketball IQ?
I think this dude has a higher IQ then he does actual basketball skill.
I don't like LeBron either but I don't let the hate cloud my judgement.

You know what thats a great point. Not to say he's not skilled but in terms of ball handling, footwork, and shooting he's not the sharpest. He just doesn't put himself in positions to fail like some players with a lower bball IQ.

Better Athlete? Lebron, undoubtedly. Dude is bigger, faster, and stronger than Jordan.
Better Basketball player? Jordan, and only because we've seen what he has accomplished on the court. The jury is still out on Lebron still because he's still playing. Only at the conclusion of his playing career can we juxtapose him next to MJ to decide who was the better basketball player, overall.

All that needs to be said here.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

[h1]LeBron James, Mike Krzyzewski get gold, and their due[/h1][h2]BILL PLASCHKE[/h2]

[h2]U.S. men's gold-medal victory is especially meaningful to Coach Mike Krzyzewski and his star player LeBron James, two of basketball's most polarizing figures.[/h2]

August 12, 2012[color= rgb(102, 102, 102)]|[/color]Bill Plaschke

• [table][tr][td]
      [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
      Email
      [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
      [/td][td]
      [table][tr][td]
      [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
      [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
      [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
      [/td][/tr][/table]
    •  

LONDON — At one end of the hug, his face and shirt soaking in the respect of a champion, was one of basketball's most polarizing coaches.

At the other end of the hug, his eyes the size of gold-medal saucers, was one of basketball's most polarizing players.

pixel.gif

Separately, they have accounted for years of boos and criticism, their success wrinkled around the edges by their methods and manners. Separately, they have been hated as much as loved.

Yet together, on this final day of the Olympics, their hug was showered by a single cheer that united not only them, but those who have questioned them.

If you're going to chant "U-S-A!" then you're going to finally have to give it up for Coach K and The King.

Mike Krzyzewski and LeBron James didn't really need this hassle, but six years ago they committed to it, and on Sunday they continued their journey to keep the U.S. on top of the world with a 107-100 victory over Spain for a second consecutive USA Olympic men's basketball gold medal.

After which, appropriately, it was James who doused Krzyzewski with a cooler of water, royalty crowning royalty.

Said Krzyzewski: "Those are good moments."

Said James: "We've been through it all."

Their ensuing hug ended an afternoon that was surprisingly scary, with the U.S. leading by only a point at the end of the third quarter before James landed a soaring dunk, then sank a three-pointer, to put the Americans in control. Chris Paul then finished the Spaniards by drawing an offensive foul and sneaking past Spain's defense for a layup.

It all proved too much for Krzyzewski or James to handle, with both of them gleefully leaping out of their seats. The only jump anybody is going to remember, of course, is the much-replayed one by Krzyzewski.

"I wish I could have seen that," Kobe Bryant said with a grin.

Take a good look, because you won't see Krzyzewski in this environment again. He was coaching his last USA game, finishing his international career with a 62-1 record, two Olympic championships, one world championship, and affection from the strangest places.

"When I joined this team, I tried to figure out how in the world I was going to play for a coach from Duke," said Paul, who attended college at ACC rival Wake Forest. "Today, it's tough for me to say from my lips, but I love that guy."

James, meanwhile, is finishing one of the greatest individual seasons in basketball history, joining Michael Jordan as the only players to win NBA regular-season and Finals MVP awards, an NBA championship and an Olympic gold medal in the same year. This Olympic team might not have beaten Lithuania earlier in the Games if he had not taken control, and his aggressiveness despite four fouls set the tone Sunday.

"I've seen him grow immensely," Krzyzewski said. "He's the best player, he's the best leader, he's as smart as anyone playing the game right now."

pixel.gif

At various times I've criticized them both, as have others. I think Krzyzewski often lets an important message about the power of true student-athletes get lost in Duke's holier-than-thou hubris. I think James allowed an incredible talent to get lost in The Decision, then I questioned his repeated fourth-quarter failures that were exonerated only this year with the Miami Heat NBA championship.

Folks also have thought it was so easy to be them. I know I have.

Regarding Krzyzewski, I even tweeted Friday night about how it must be nice to be able to jump off the bench during an opponent's rally, turn right, and point to James and Kevin Durant on your bench. But it's one thing to be able to call upon them, it's another thing to get them to listen to you. The USA program was a shambles when Krzyzewski was picked to lead it in 2006, having finished sixth in the 2002 world championships, then losing by 19 to Puerto Rico in a 2004 Olympics preliminary game and by eight to Argentina in the semifinals before finishing third.

"He's brilliant, he's funny, he has a great sense of coaching we all enjoyed immensely," said Bryant, who scored 17 points in his final Olympic game.

Regarding James, the pressure on him was embodied in his response last week to a question about potentially losing.

"I am not allowed to lose," he said. "That's just the way it is. I am not allowed to lose."

And so he didn't lose. And so, together with Krzyzewski, it was if they couldn't lose.

At halftime, with the U.S. leading by only one point, the players all wondering what Coach K would say to them, he pretty much said nothing.

"He told us to be who we had been the entire tournament," Bryant said.

Thus in the fourth quarter, James decided to be James, and the country that invented the game decided to own it once again, and those who complain that these highly paid superstars should not be playing here should have been watching them dance around with their flags like children who had just won the YMCA winter league.

Then came the dumping of the water, after which the pristinely composed Coach K appeared to be a drowned rat, while the scowling King James appeared to be a mischievous teen.

We've rarely seen either of them like that before. It was a different look. It was a good look.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/12/sports/la-sp-oly-plaschke-basketball-20120813

nuff said.

His former teammate, same guy who said d12 ISNT A TOP CENTER IN THE LEAGUE.
eyes.gif

Im not disagreeing with your statement but please find a better article. I think magic said something similar.
I knew someone would say this. 
laugh.gif

This guy is clearly trolling, so I just picked the first article I found in a google search and called it a day. My bad.

Phil Jackson said it, "He's got all the physical attributes, He is a player that can play four positions. Except for perhaps the center spot, which he hasn't (been) given a shot at yet, he can play those other four positions quite well.  This is unique; Michael could play three and was very good at all three of those, but as a power player that LeBron can become, I think he has an opportunity to explore and advance some of the status that he has already gained."

SUMS IT ALL UP
smokin.gif

Lebron is the better athlete.. Dude played football too in hs.. he can be a decent football player too, had he opted for football 

SCOTTIE PIPPENS 94 -95 STATS WHEN MJ LEFT
'94-'95
CHI
79 79 38.2 8.0-16.7 .480 1.4-4.0 .345 4.0-5.6 .716 2.2 5.9 8.1 5.2 1.1 2.9 3.0 3.4 21.4

THATS 21 PTS, 8 BOARDS 3 STLS 1 BLK AND 5 ASSIST PER GAME..... WADE COULD NEVER GET BUSY LIKE THAT FOR A WHOLE SEASON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom