Better ATHLETE Michael Jordan or LeBron James?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Lebron is the better athlete. He's bigger, stronger, faster, jumps over 40 inches, what more do you want from an athlete? He's built like a power forward but moves like a guard, there has never been an athlete in basketball like Lebron.
lock this up.

Magic johnson ...he's better than lebron
Magic didn't have to leave la to get a ring nor Jordan

Magic johnson ...he's better than lebron
Magic didn't have to leave la to get a ring nor Jordan

Ehh, Magic Johnson isn't better than Lebron. He doesn't score better, he doesn't defend better, nor does he rebound better. He passes better, that's about it.

And he didn't have to leave L.A. to get a ring, but who would? I mean he only was playing with like 4, 5 other hall of famers including that one guy who scored like 38k plus and was in the ASG like 20 times..

Ehh, Magic Johnson isn't better than Lebron. He doesn't score better, he doesn't defend better, nor does he rebound better. He passes better, that's about it.
And he didn't have to leave L.A. to get a ring, but who would? I mean he only was playing with like 4, 5 other hall of famers including that one guy who scored like 38k plus and was in the ASG like 20 times..
son.you re young arent you?not to argue but imo TO THIS POINT IN TIME here isnt even a comparison.as for your not so great arguments keep this in mind.magic was finals MVP in his ROOKIE year.he started at center in those finals and scored 42 grabbed 15.know your history please.as you can see from my avy im far from a lebron hater,but CMON SON.

son.you re young arent you?not to argue but imo TO THIS POINT IN TIME here isnt even a comparison.as for your not so great arguments keep this in mind.magic was finals MVP in his ROOKIE year.he started at center in those finals and scored 42 grabbed 15.know your history please.as you can see from my avy im far from a lebron hater,but CMON SON.

it's not about who is the better player.. because no one will duplicate what magic did as a rookie, but this is about the better athlete.. which is clearly lebron..

I lost all faith in logic when LeBron stayed in front of DRose in last year's playoffs. If DRose can't get by LeBron, then who can? 

that was the result of team defense
even dudes like Rudy can blow past lebron easily

A lot of you are really underrating MJ's athleticism. Some of you need to watch young MJ to see how quick and fast he was. I don't think Lebron is close to that. Plus MJ's acceleration destroys Lebron. Vert probably cancels out due to Lebron being taller. MJ was also very strong. I think he was stronger than Kobe ever was and Kobe has been known to be able to post up Lebron. Lebron is obviously stronger and heavier but MJ has him on speed, quickness, acceleration, and body control imo.

MJ also had those gigantic hands which is also a factor.

Last edited:

it's not about who is the better player.. because no one will duplicate what magic did as a rookie, but this is about the better athlete.. which is clearly lebron..
What !!!! Magic was the first big man to do what lebron is doing now but magic did it better he made his teammates better magic didnt have to score or take over games to win and don't let let talk about defense !! Even Jordan said it in order to be great I have beat magic
I would have more respect for lebron if he didn't leave Cleveland so in my eyes he copped out

i agree lebron is a better athlete bro.if you read what the other guy said though you will understand that ithe argument i was answering was not the athlete one.peace.

Anyone feel tat a big part of lebron's athleticism is due to the nutrition and technology we have. i mean if we put mj to today's tech and nutrition will we c a more athletic version of MJ? Also kinda random but dennis rodman is a freak athlete too. i feel his athleticism is super underrated. people forget his like 34 when he joined Bulls and he dominated boards over great centers

Anyone feel tat a big part of lebron's athleticism is due to the nutrition and technology we have. i mean if we put mj to today's tech and nutrition will we c a more athletic version of MJ? Also kinda random but dennis rodman is a freak athlete too. i feel his athleticism is super underrated. people forget his like 34 when he joined Bulls and he dominated boards over great centers

no.. because name one other player that has the body, vertical, speed, quickness and power that lebron has?

also, it is not a question who is the better player, or who made players around him better, or who has more heart, determination.. it is who is the better athlete, strength, speed, quickness, vertical, power.. nothing more.. so comparing magic and lebron, is an easy assessment. magic has more and far superior basketball instincts, but it is not about that.. lebron is clearly the better athlete..

Last edited:
Because athleticism is a big part of the equation.
It's influence is overstated by everyone from fans to coaches because 1. it's the most obvious to the eye and 2. it can't be acquired through training like technical or psychological skills.

My point is why compare variables of the equation when we can just look at the sum?

My point is why compare variables of the equation when we can just look at the sum?

I guess what I meant is that it's a lot more convenient to evaluate athleticism.

It might be lazy thinking but fans aren't the only ones who do it.

Last edited:
No doubt, no doubt. I've just seen people get heated over athleticism arguments more so than any other variable and I never understood why

LOL @ this being a 3 page argument.

In no way was Michael Jordan ever the athlete that Lebron is.

What's the &&@&$ you cats are wildin where talking about the greatest player who ever played the game why you think he has his own shoe line with his own logo no Nike swoosh and yall actually think lebron is better athletically
Lebron doesn't even have a pure jumpshot nor form I'm out you kids need to do research

What's the &&@&$ you cats are wildin where talking about the greatest player who ever played the game why you think he has his own shoe line with his own logo no Nike swoosh and yall actually think lebron is better athletically
Lebron doesn't even have a pure jumpshot nor form I'm out you kids need to do research
this ain't who's the better player or had the better career. Its who's the fastest, strongest, most agile, explosive...

Skill and Athleticism are two different things.

LeBron is the most athletic athlete i have ever seen in any professional sport. He can guard a pg and put him on lockdown and he go and cover a big as well.

Dude has a 40 inch vert and run a great 40. His body control and explosiveness are out of this world.

Lebron is way more explosive. I don't know if there really is such a thing as hang time but MJ had the most insane amount of time up in the air.

Talbert

You boys is wild man.

Are you slow? What does that have to do with Lebron being a better scorer, rebounder, defender, and athlete than Magic? If you are unbiased, you will clearly see this. Magic never scored as much and in an efficient manner as Lebron is doing right now. Magic never defended the way Lebron is doing right now. Magic was a Good rebounder, but Lebron is better at it. Magic is arguably a better passer, that's it. (Arguable because Lebron if he didn't score in the manner he does, could probably pass as well as magic did, seeing as he ALMOST does right now.)

I probably know more NBA history than you do by the way. Just being honest. Please show me if you disagree, how Magic is better at any of the aforementioned things than Lebron.

I really am dissapointed in myself for responding to this but whatever. For one, Lebron not having a "pure" jumpshot is...man what does that even mean? Jordan didn't even have a "pure" jumpshot. Could Jordan shoot? Without a doubt, but that isn't to say that Lebron can't. You must be blind if you think he can't.

What the hell does him having his own shoe line and his own logo have to do with anything man ? :rofl: :rofl:

And Lebron James may be the greatest NBA athlete ever. He probably is. He's 6'8 260, is as fast as Tony Parker and Barbosa, as strong and powerful as a Karl Malone/Blake Griffin hybrid, uses his physical ability to guard 4 positions nightly now, and still has the skills to drop 30 7 and 7 every night.

Jordan has all those qualities? I'm sorry, I missed that part...

Forget athlete, as far as basketball players go, he could end up the greatest basketball player (Not talking achievements, just basketball player) ever. But that's a discussion for another time.

athletically, Lebron takes it. He's just a monster physical specimen and he moves like he's a 6'2" guard.

Jordan, on the other hand, wasn't always the dominant physical athlete in his day (in his position). He was the most competitive, had the strongest desire to win and had a killer instinct and wanted to win every single game (which Lebron shows flashes of sometimes). WHen everything was stacked up against him, Jordan found a way to win and didn't rely on his physical prowess. He was more of a competitor and a smarter basketball player.

Lebron might be one of the most physically gifted athletes ever in any sport.

This is from a huge MJ fan. Between the ears it is another story.

Although when you watch some 80's MJ is just looks comical. He palms the ball and just floats wherever he wants and pokes it on dudes. Athletes are different now so the videos look weird, but you can appreciate how different MJ was from everyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom