Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Why was I always under the impression that Walt got Saul to do it for him?

I guess what I remember was Walt purposefully waiting in his house before that confrontation with Jesse, to only have Saul do it for him, without needing to leave the house.

My bad.
In that episode, Walt went shopping for that particular flower, Brock gets sick, and the last shot of the episode, they pan to the flower in the backyard of Brock's house. It's never explicitly said amongst the characters, but the audience knows Walt actually did it.

In that episode, Walt went shopping for that particular flower, Brock gets sick, and the last shot of the episode, they pan to the flower in the backyard of Brock's house. It's never explicitly said amongst the characters, but the audience knows Walt actually did it.

Walt was sitting on a lawn chair in the back of his own house when they panned to the flower.

Walt and Jesse :pimp:

Thought I hated Walter white but when I saw the legend again
1659577941600.gif

Do ya'll think Jimmy/Saul went hard at the cancer dude because of how much Walter screwed them up, so it was like a FU to Walt? Or would he have done it whether he met WW or not?
Think he’s desperate more than anything

Once he found out all money is gone and he has nothing to show for in his life

Especially after the call with Kim went poorly or how it went

I need to do a full rewatch of both shows, in release order.

Edit: It was a ring Jimmy took when he was running scams in bars in s1, not a watch. It's the pinky ring he wears throughout that he took from his dead friend as a reminder of that.

Last edited:
With these flashbacks, you just have to use your imagination...they don't have the budget to make everyone look younger and these actors aren't getting paid enough to really put in the work like it's a blockbuster movie. You already see it's been a struggle for them to try to hide Gus and Mike's aging. Just like chubby Todd in El Camino and skinny Huell in BCS, it's not gonna be perfect :lol:

The thing that threw me off most with Jesse was his voice. Maybe that's age or maybe he was laying the addict voice on too thick but he sounded different.

Was listening to the episode recap on The Ringer pod and they mentioned how in an episode in S3 Jimmy and Kim were in a bar and fake scheming how they could have Kim swipe a credit card and sell it to someone at the bar. Interesting callback to something I had forgotten about.

1659912200928.png

:smh:

Chuck always ignore the part he could’ve played in how Jimmy turned out

Chuck actually was pushing him towards becoming that Person
Chuck biggest flaw was his jealousy of Jimmy. If he’d just love his brother, this story ends differently. He could have definitely guided him but nope.

Idk, from what I see, Chuck saw Jimmy as a lifelong screw-up and con artist and lazy. He always looked down on Jimmy and talked bad about him to other people. He never respected him, that's why he put him in the mail room at HHM, so he couldn't possibly mess anything up. Even Howard adopted that attitude towards Jimmy. Jimmy seeking Chuck's approval and always getting his disrespect because Chuck always viewed him as lazy definitely was his motivation to become Saul. He and Kim being responsible for the dismantling HHM was like a big F U to Chuck, who was an arrogant lawyer who would never think that was possible. Jimmy was so proud of that, no matter the cost, but it was much more personal to Jimmy. Chuck viewed him as someone who would do slimy things and bend the law to the advantage of undeserving people, and he was right. However, through this journey, the writers made it ambiguous about who is actually doing "good" as a lawyer, so Jimmy doesn't seem to be any different type of lawyer than Chuck or Howard. It got to the point where Kim was even dissatisfied with what she was doing with HHM.

Pemulative episode preview:

Waterworks

The stakes are raised when a discovery is made.

Back
Top Bottom