Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Finally watched it.

Great premiere.
pimp.gif

That opening scene has me craving a cinnabon like crazy.
laugh.gif

I thought I read somewhere that he changed his name to Goodman, in order to trick potential clients to think he was jewish.
That specific name choice was cuz of that but we learn changing his name wasn't necessarily his choice. So it all still fits.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that he changed his name to Goodman, in order to trick potential clients to think he was jewish.
"My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."

I'm gonna get some shirts made that say

James McGill School of "Law"

And wait to get sued by Vince and company.

By then I'll have already cashed out.

Last edited:
Just saw the episode...very excited for the show now. I had low expectations coming into it, but all that is gone now. Last person I expected to open the door was Tuco. :lol:

Can't wait for tonight. :smokin

Last edited:
Probably already been discussed in here, but i'm assuming the cinnabon scene and scene of him at home right after were in the future after BB happened?

eek.gif

he even said "in Omaha" and the Cinnabon he was working at in the episode last night said Nebraska on the wall

He said that he changed his name from Jimmy McGill (too Irish) to Saul Goodman in order to trick clients into believing he was Jewish, and therefor a better lawyer. Said that in Breaking Bad. The nail salon was the same one he laundered money in aswell. Cucumber water for customers only.

is someone after Saul? at the beginning during the Cinnabon scene he seemed pretty tense. he was shooked when he saw that customer walk towards him.

It makes sense...Saul pissed A LOT of people off according to the events in Breaking Bad.

Plus he's always had a wimpy easily-startled personality. Thats him.

I thought the episode started out a bit slow...but I understand they were just setting the scene, etc...

So, Chuck is Saul/Jimmy's brother? Who is sick/injured? And the HH&M firm is trying to pay them off but Saul doesn't think it's enough money or is just stubborn and won't accept the money?

Tuco at the end 
pimp.gif

One thing I thought of that would be really cool...if Gilligan had a bunch of hidden eggs like Pixar does (he has some, not a ton though)...like, for instance, if the skateboard twins were hitching on the Aztec or if Saul met that couple at Los Pollos Hermanos...fun stuff like that.

is someone after Saul? at the beginning during the Cinnabon scene he seemed pretty tense. he was shooked when he saw that customer walk towards him.

It was post-Breaking Bad with his new identity....a million people could have been after him.

One thing I thought of that would be really cool...if Gilligan had a bunch of hidden eggs like Pixar does (he has some, not a ton though)...like, for instance, if the skateboard twins were hitching on the Aztec or if Saul met that couple at Los Pollos Hermanos...fun stuff like that.
it's only been one episode and there were plenty of connections to BB already. I'm sure there will be plenty more.

I hope they don't go over board with the references. I completely forgot about the nail salon tho.

I missed a part of the show and had a question for those that remember. What happened in the part where he was smoking with the girl from the firm? I just saw them smoking and I went to the bathroom and when I came out it was a different scene.

^

Nothing. Just established that they knew each other.

He asked, "could you" and she cut him off with "no". Put the cigarette out and went back into the building.

The sick guy mentioned her to him when he was talking about people being laid off, so they obviously have some typ of history.

Re watching now. The look of disparity/hope on his face when he was waiting for them to sign the check smh

Back
Top Bottom