Beverly Hills Cop coming back 2016

Starting humming that unforgettable theme song. Paramount Pictures announced late Friday that Eddie Murphy (and Axel Foley) will be back in 2016 with a new Beverly Hills Cop film.

Besides Murphy, 53, reprising one of his most famous characters, the film will bring back the original producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who just started a long-term deal with Paramount Pictures. Brett Ratner will direct and writers Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) will write the screenplay.

The official release date is March 25, 2016.

The story will follow Foley "who has been living a cushy life as a Beverly Hills detective, back to the mean streets of Detroit during the coldest winter on record to navigate the new rules and old enemies in America's toughest city," according to a release from Paramount.

Beverly Hills Cops was originally released in 1984. It featured Murphy as Foley, a Detroit cop working in Beverly Hills. It was one of the most successful comedy franchises of that era, spawning two sequels in the next 10 years, all starring Murphy.

A television series, which would have featured Murphy sporadically, was set to star Brandon T. Jackson. But CBS ultimately passed on the project after only a pilot episode was produced.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/05/02/beverly-hills-cop-2016/8631001/
Damn I can't wait, was a big fan of the older ones. Even better they are bringing back the original producer. 
glasses.gif

anyone else looking forward to this?

Last edited:
1:25 is my favorite part when homie starts tip toeing on the keys. And then it leads up to the up to the xylophone part. :nthat:

Got me jamming over here.

Maybe it's just cuz I'm younger but 3 was easily my favorite.

I didn't even see the first two until a couple years ago, but I've watched 3 like 20 times.

I liked the first 2. Never finished the third.

never even knew there was a third, srs

first 2 were awesome and watchem all the time

they need to NOT do this movie. why ruin what they already made? :smh:

I believe the third one was based on the amusement park. And the second one was dealing with that fine short-haired blonde that was a fashion killa'. Literally. I'll check out the fourth installment on blu-ray.

Back
Top Bottom