big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

The Ortiz verse was cool but mad awkward b/c I know Kendrick wasnt dissing...

:smh: at Fab and Joe Buddens making album art for their verse

:smh: :smh: :smh: at cats foolishly thinking KRIT is only popping on NT

:smh: at Pusha T constantly being mentioned. Ambassador Rick from Hampton already bodied Pusha on a track

:smh: :smh: :smh: at cats over hyping the Kendrick verse

Jay Elect verse is still :smokin

Only NY rapper I want to hear from with all of this is Loaded Lux :pimp:

:smh: :smh: :smh: at cats slandering Boosie #FreeBoosie #RIPPhat

Nipsey > Kendrick :smokin with my stylist

Last edited:
are y'all still ****** doing this?

BIG was The King of New York.

he chose not to call Pac, 2pac, but rather Makaveli and chose not call BIG, Biggie, but rather the King of New York.

y'all dudes so ******g lame for keeping this up when it's too clear what dude meant. MANY other people, rappers FROM NY INCLUDED, have tweeted saying that's what they took it as.

no you guys defending him are ******g idiots.

He's a lyricists, he knows exactly what it sounds like, regardless of what it means.

It's like when someone throws a dirty joke in a kids cartoon that kids will never get, that doesn't mean a dirty joke wasn't there.

Jesus.

Damn Kendrick even killed Meek Mill's chair.
meek mill rap like he announcing a AND 1 game
roll.gif

Last edited:
"MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE WAS COOKING BREAKFAST AND GOT POPPED BY BACON GREASE"I'm dyin over here reading all this.

Last edited:
Does it make 2001 any less West Coast? Eminem wrote damn near all the lyrics, but it's still viewed far and wide as a West Coast album. Nobody is/was out there saying 'Oh, 2001? Detroit killed it with that one, y'all.'

What is west coast about Mel Man, Xzibit, Kurupt, Em, Jay, Mary, Scott Storch and Devin?

And no, most people view it as a compilation.

Do you view Aftermath as a west coast album?

"MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE JUST LEFT HIS PHONE AT HIS GIRL HOUSE WITHOUT A PASSWORD LOCK" :lol: :smh:
"MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE NEVER HEARD OF A INDOOR VOICE" :lol: :lol:
"MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE WAS COOKING BREAKFAST AND GOT POPPED BY BACON GREASE" :rofl: :rofl:

The butt hurt is strong in this thread.

Wait are N discussing if 2001 was a west coast album? :smh: lawd

Last edited:
This is what Big Sean said about the song

“I knew what it was for the culture of hip-hop. You see how excited people are, and I wanted to do that for music—make that play happen. It gave me like the feeling of how hip-hop was. How it used to be.”

“When I heard that verse I wasn’t about to go back and change my verse—that’s cheating. That ain’t the way of an O.G. That ain’t how G’s move. I wanted to [release the song] for the culture of hip-hop as opposed to myself. … I just want people to remember I had the song, I knew what it was. No, I didn’t change my verse because I’m not a h** *** ni**a. I’m a real *** ni**a from Detroit. I rep for everything that I do. I knew what it was going to do for hip-hop. I knew what it was going to do for the culture. This is the most exciting rap song to drop this year this year. Period. “

Had to go back and throw that Ambassador Rick on after seeing all this Pusha T love on here :lol:

"Him and his brother in the pulpit they can b/s you/ But not me, they ain't bout that life/ both em, black as spit they ain't about that white" :smokin

This is what Big Sean said about the song

“I knew what it was for the culture of hip-hop. You see how excited people are, and I wanted to do that for music—make that play happen. It gave me like the feeling of how hip-hop was. How it used to be.”

“When I heard that verse I wasn’t about to go back and change my verse—that’s cheating. That ain’t the way of an O.G. That ain’t how G’s move. I wanted to [release the song] for the culture of hip-hop as opposed to myself. … I just want people to remember I had the song, I knew what it was. No, I didn’t change my verse because I’m not a h** *** ni**a. I’m a real *** ni**a from Detroit. I rep for everything that I do. I knew what it was going to do for hip-hop. I knew what it was going to do for the culture. This is the most exciting rap song to drop this year this year. Period. “

They move in silence, like lasagna :pimp:

Last edited:
#Meekmillraplike he talking on the phone at a party :lol:
#Meekmillraplike he pulled up too far past the speaker in a drive thru :lol:

That was ironic how big Sean praised himself on not being a name dropper then Kendrick stole the show by dropping names.

I find it ridiculous how people get so upset over make believe titles, like children fighting to be the line leader or something.

"he said he's the king of ny, uhh ohhhh".

It's not a real position. It's like saying the king of the universe. People getting upset as if these are actual slots that they campaign for and voters make the decision in November.

The east coast west coast nonsense is silly to me anyway. Dudes acting like they built these neighborhoods with their bare hands. I understand that you have pride for your community, but rap takes stuff too far.

And
laugh.gif
and durk and reese implying that mentioning their name even crossed anyone's mind.
Gotta co-sign all of this.  What are dudes getting mad for?  Kendrick saying he's the "King of New York" is no different than an NT'er saying they're the King of New York, only difference is he has a larger audience listening to him.  Neither holds any actual weight.  Y'all dudes have me eating my words about Kendrick's verse, I'm ready to defend it just cause
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ durk lowkey wishing Kendrick mentioned them.

Last edited:
I could plug in Papoose, JR Writer, Jae Millz, Corey Gunz in there and you'd have the exact same situation.  

Nobody wants to hear that **** on a consistent basis.

The problem isn't the music.  The problem is who controls what music gets shine.  

There are garbage artists from EVERY region and every region has their time to shine.  But all that said, I could list 10 solid artists in place of the Alley Boy's and Corey Gunz of the world.

Bad music is bad music.  Coasts have nothing to do with it.  
No, it wouldn't be the same situation.

I'd rather listen to artist who have some substance and talent even if mediocre or not marketable

Cory and Pap aren't garbage. A sixth grader could out rap Waka.
My point was that you could plug in any of the cookie cutter, punchline, Big L clone rappers from NYC and you'd have more forgettable music in the mainstream.  

Where are those dudes now that their time is up?  There's a reason that their brief time in the spotlight came and went.  Disposable music.  

Again, coasts have nothing to do with it.  Don't let your personal preferences blind you to the FACT that there are a lot of ****** NYC rappers. 

Has it really been this long since some took shots at someone (if you think it was, personally, I don't see it as shots really, just K. Dot. saying he's gunning to be the best of the new comers.)

Last I could think of was Ludacris - War With God (Would have been better if he flat out called out T.I.) and The Game with 300 bars and runnin.

Man, about damn time. Breath of fresh air, plus it makes for better music.

Last edited:
I'm Optimus Prime truckin your boulevard just wishin that a "StarScream" so I can go on a bombing mission...

:smokin

twitter....

@MeekMillRapLike: MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE JUST GOT PUSHED IN THE DEEP END OF THE POOL AND THEY KNOW HE CANT SWIM

Back
Top Bottom