big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Yet the only city he mentioned was NEW YORK...you know how many damn cities are across the east!?...he could of claimed the king of DC...lol

Btw no I'm not enraged by this man...I'm just saying...this is kind of hilarious.

He said NY because its the Mecca of lyricists. He suggesting he's got the lyrical crown right now (and he does compared to his peer group).

Word. In between Snoop's first album and the Game's debut, three Tupac albums (AND Chronic 2001) were released. SMH.

The album featuring Xzibit, Mel Man, Devin, Em and Kurupt not from Cali?

And let's not even get on Tupac :smh:

Kendrick had the nuts to say it when others didn't.

That alone sets him above other dudes especially when you take his talent and skill into account. Dude is playing chess right now and no matter how good the responses are, he already won because he SET THE BAR and set it off.

Dudes are playing into his hands. I give him a slow clap on that stroke of genius and it was all so simple too. He's got dudes exposing themselves and he didn't even really diss them. Self defeating rap ******. :lol:

Slick *** G move.

Last edited:
all yall saying the westcoast havent been relavent since mid 90s, over 20 years blah blah blah. act like snoop didnt exist, then passed the torch to Game around 2004. Westcoast winning right now

Pusha T is the only one in the group mentioned that does not belong. He has been rapping (veeeery well) for over 10 years and has had success critically and commercially. He's a vet and is in a different lane than the rest of the guys mentioned (Mac Miller? FOH). Pusha T is a top 5 active rapper (album in the last 3 years) working right now. Kendrick might be 1 or 2, but Pusha T has no reason to "step his game up." 

Kendrick had the nuts to say it when others didn't.

That alone sets him above other dudes especially when you take his talent and skill into account. Dude is playing chess right now and no matter how good the responses are, he already won because he SET THE BAR and set it off.

Dudes are playing into his hands. I give him a slow clap on that stroke of genius and it was all so simple too. He's got dudes exposing themselves and he didn't even really diss them. Self defeating rap ******. :lol:

Slick *** G move.

this, and TDE has GOONS on the east coast, he's not getting touched by anyone with a brain.

I forget who Pap mentioned but he said they're good out here, Kendrick can do whatever he wants on the east coast.

Last edited:
You must not have actually ever listened to DJ Quik, because he hasn't been that relevant since he joined Death Row. Which was mid 90's.

Are you going to mention Souls of Mischief, Mc Eiht, WC and King Tee next?
Exactly
mean.gif

These dudes
mean.gif
Just because we didn't have another PAC like figure to come about since the Game doesn't mean anything.  There was still good music coming out so I truly don't know what you're trying to say

Last edited:
all yall saying the westcoast havent been relavent since mid 90s, over 20 years blah blah blah. act like snoop didnt exist, then passed the torch to Game around 2004. Westcoast winning right now

Commercially the west ain't been winning ****. The west has dope indie/underground MC's though.

Has anyone paid attention to Snoop since he joined No Limit?

Well besides his stint with The Neptunes.

Snoop is a caricature of himself now. That's like Philly mentioning Will Smith as their top rapper.

When Pac is an actor he's from the East. When he a rapper he from the West. Y'all still let Master P off the hook for jacking the Bay and building an empire off of it.

Just because we didn't have another PAC like figure to come about since the Game doesn't mean anything.  There was still good music coming out so I truly don't know what you're trying to say

And there's good music coming out of New York, just not much commercially besides the vets.

So you can't say anything about New York's rap scene, when California has had the same problem since Death Row broke up nationally.

Look at Nipsey who I like.

And there's good music coming out of New York, just not much commercially besides the vets.

So you can't say anything about New York's rap scene, when California has had the same problem since Death Row broke up nationally.

Look at Nipsey who I like.
When did I say anything about NY? I just said I had love for NY. It was you and that other dude that brought Cali into this.

Last edited:
Not feeling the sample/beat. Feels like I'm in a protest or some ****.
"¡El pueblo unido, jamás será vencido!" I see why Sean couldn't clear the sample.

funny how dudes think he dissed people like it was some Tupac - Hit Em Up style (I ****** your ***** type song). He was just letting hiphop know he's trying to murder everyone in the game lyrically. Which is what everyone should be doing in the first place.

Pusha T is the only one in the group mentioned that does not belong. He has been rapping (veeeery well) for over 10 years and has had success critically and commercially. He's a vet and is in a different lane than the rest of the guys mentioned (Mac Miller? FOH). Pusha T is a top 5 active rapper (album in the last 3 years) working right now. Kendrick might be 1 or 2, but Pusha T has no reason to "step his game up." 
this. and I like what Push T tweeted  "I hear you loud and clear my ni**a @kendricklamar" . when someone calls you out either in rap, basketball, life...step it up, change the game, stop being stagnant. this verse ignited every media outlet, twitter/instagram/messegeboards. everyones talkin' . genius

as far as the king of NY remark: at this point in hiphop/2013 i dont see a east coast vs west coast thing. kendrick is stating his top position of HIPHOP as a whole (east, west, south ) he could of said "king of the south" ... would all the Scarface/bun b fans be as distraught as New Yorkers

laugh.gif
at the West Coast doing fine. Snoop was washed up after his first album. Took another 10 years before Game came through and did his thing. Took another 10 years for Kendrick to be proclaimed the future of the coast. If that's doing fine I want no parts of that.
You act like DJ Quick along with others didn't exist.
In the mainstream, which is apparently all anyone cares about, the West Coast did have a lengthy hiatus.  

Personally, I couldn't give a **** less about who is doing well in the mainstream since I rarely listen to the stuff anyways.  For my tastes, the West Coast never left thanks to Quik, Suga Free, Dilated Peoples, Murs, Madlib, etc.  

I could also say the same about the East Coast during the years that Southern rap has taken over the radio waves.  There is a gang of good music coming outta NYC, but it just isn't **** the average consumer will come across without looking for it.  THAT is the real problem, IMO.    

I think people get too caught up in this coastal ****.  The truth is that the mainstream **** from both sides generally is lacking in replay value and quality, so essentially people are claiming that we have the best garbage artists that people actually know about.  Want proof?  I can almost guarantee that the rappers that respond to Kendrick who are actual spitters will probably get overlooked by the masses (think Joell's rebuttal) in favor of the "hot" artists.  People just want a show and some bars they can use for a new meme.  Most don't really care about actual skills because if they did, they wouldn't say dumb **** like "NYC has been garbage".

All rappers offended need to link up on a We Are The World steeze and just drop a group diss track and/or complete mixtape filled with hate. And let Dram & Kay Slay host it.

Instant Classic.

In the mainstream, which is apparently all anyone cares about, the West Coast did have a lengthy hiatus.  

Personally, I couldn't give a **** less about who is doing well in the mainstream since I rarely listen to the stuff anyways.  For my tastes, the West Coast never left thanks to Quik, Suga Free, Dilated Peoples, Murs, Madlib, etc.  

I could also say the same about the East Coast during the years that Southern rap has taken over the radio waves.  There is a gang of good music coming outta NYC, but it just isn't **** the average consumer will come across without looking for it.  THAT is the real problem, IMO.    

I think people get too caught up in this coastal ****.  The truth is that the mainstream **** from both sides generally is lacking in replay value and quality, so essentially people are claiming that we have the best garbage artists that people actually know about.  Want proof?  I can almost guarantee that the rappers that respond to Kendrick who are actual spitters will probably get overlooked by the masses (think Joell's rebuttal) in favor of the "hot" artists.  People just want a show and some bars they can use for a new meme.  Most don't really care about actual skills because if they did, they wouldn't say dumb **** like "NYC has been garbage".
If we talking mainstream, then that goes for both coasts. The south took over sales wise when the 00's hit.

just got to work..pardon if i repeat anything but..

Kendrick's verse is cool but its crazy over hyped. (Oh and he should thank Crooked I for that whole steez on his verse)

N.Y. rappers SHOULD feel a certain way..

and only repsonses i'm looking forward to is Joe Budden's...Pusha's and Drake's..yea i said Drake

Last edited:
funny to see mediocre rappers offended

reminds me of this 2 chains interview where he was called a swag rapper and he was hurt

Back
Top Bottom