big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

This went 56 pages in one day!? :x

I heard Sean's verse... was like "Well Damn. :x"

Then Kendrick came on... :wow: :x :smh:

Verse of the year, without a doubt.

In the mainstream, which is apparently all anyone cares about, the West Coast did have a lengthy hiatus.  

Personally, I couldn't give a **** less about who is doing well in the mainstream since I rarely listen to the stuff anyways.  For my tastes, the West Coast never left thanks to Quik, Suga Free, Dilated Peoples, Murs, Madlib, etc.  

I could also say the same about the East Coast during the years that Southern rap has taken over the radio waves.  There is a gang of good music coming outta NYC, but it just isn't **** the average consumer will come across without looking for it.  THAT is the real problem, IMO.    

I think people get too caught up in this coastal ****.  The truth is that the mainstream **** from both sides generally is lacking in replay value and quality, so essentially people are claiming that we have the best garbage artists that people actually know about.  Want proof?  I can almost guarantee that the rappers that respond to Kendrick who are actual spitters will probably get overlooked by the masses (think Joell's rebuttal) in favor of the "hot" artists.  People just want a show and some bars they can use for a new meme.  Most don't really care about actual skills because if they did, they wouldn't say dumb **** like "NYC has been garbage".
If we talking mainstream, then that goes for both coasts. The south took over sales wise when the 00's hit.
Yeah, that's kinda what I said.  

If we talking mainstream, then that goes for both coasts. The south took over sales wise when the 00's hit.

I don't think it's about sales, because sales wise Wayne is the only one who was selling like that from the south. Nobody is saying Detroit is top, because Em sells the most. St Louis when Nelly was doing 5 mil.

TI, Luda and Jeezy's have been sold. 2 Chainz and Ross go gold, but it's been more about radio play and commercial appeal.

But in the end,

The South won.

and we lost

because we have to endure a bunch of Alley Boy's, Gucci's, Yo Gott's and Lil Boosie's

and record labels signing Chief Keef's and French Montana's

because that's what they think people want to hear.

I don't think it's about sales, because sales wise Wayne is the only one who was selling like that from the south. Nobody is saying Detroit is top, because Em sells the most. St Louis when Nelly was doing 5 mil.

TI, Luda and Jeezy's have been sold. 2 Chainz and Ross go gold, but it's been more about radio play and commercial appeal.
The 2000's pretty much belonged to the South. Sales were slumping in that period, but they were everywhere.

Last edited:
i bet you Kendrick and The Doctor got some heaters packed away, waiting to be released.

this is all a PR stunt for attention. dre is a genius... DETOX dropping next summer

:lol: at the West Coast doing fine. Snoop was washed up after his first album. Took another 10 years before Game came through and did his thing. Took another 10 years for Kendrick to be proclaimed the future of the coast. If that's doing fine I want no parts of that.

I live on the east but seem to recall one of the best albums of all time (top 5) dropping in 1999 from a very prominent west coast mc...take two and call him in the morning? But I feel you The Game was better then him lolz

i bet you Kendrick and The Doctor got some heaters packed away, waiting to be released.

this is all a PR stunt for attention. dre is a genius... DETOX dropping next summer
Detox dropping next [insert date here].....said everyone.

I don't think I've ever heard an out of tower claim to be the king of NY tho...fine compare yourself to the greatest, but not even being from NY and claim such a thing is a joke fam.

are y'all still ****** doing this?

BIG was The King of New York.

he chose not to call Pac, 2pac, but rather Makaveli and chose not call BIG, Biggie, but rather the King of New York.

y'all dudes so ******g lame for keeping this up when it's too clear what dude meant. MANY other people, rappers FROM NY INCLUDED, have tweeted saying that's what they took it as.

this thread brings the laughs. First off the nyers who are mad salty bringing up the past and how "west coast has been dead" we living right now and right now west coast is on top. S a rapper from west coast is king of NY. I cant get tired of saying it, so imma say it again. WESTCOAST is WINNING.

and we lost

because we have to endure a bunch of Alley Boy's, Gucci's, Yo Gott's and Lil Boosie's

You can't tell me rappers like Noreaga or Lil B are any worse then the Ying Yang Twins. There were bad rappers all over. No excuses. Rap is a funny genre where locales take precedent. Each coast has had their turn, so it's natural for some to be salty when they're not on.

And Gucci is that dude, FOH.

But in the end,

The South won.
and we lost

I could plug in Papoose, JR Writer, Jae Millz, Corey Gunz in there and you'd have the exact same situation.  

Nobody wants to hear that **** on a consistent basis.

The problem isn't the music.  The problem is who controls what music gets shine.  

There are garbage artists from EVERY region and every region has their time to shine.  But all that said, I could list 10 solid artists in place of the Alley Boy's and Corey Gunz of the world.

Bad music is bad music.  Coasts have nothing to do with it.  

Pusha T is the only one in the group mentioned that does not belong. He has been rapping (veeeery well) for over 10 years and has had success critically and commercially. He's a vet and is in a different lane than the rest of the guys mentioned (Mac Miller? FOH). Pusha T is a top 5 active rapper (album in the last 3 years) working right now. Kendrick might be 1 or 2, but Pusha T has no reason to "step his game up." 

this. and I like what Push T tweeted  "I hear you loud and clear my ni**a @kendricklamar" . when someone calls you out either in rap, basketball, life...step it up, change the game, stop being stagnant. this verse ignited every media outlet, twitter/instagram/messegeboards. everyones talkin' . genius

But solo wise, Pusha T is very new, just as a Malice or Black Thought album would be considered new

are y'all still ****** doing this?

BIG was The King of New York.

he chose not to call Pac, 2pac, but rather Makaveli and chose not call BIG, Biggie, but rather the King of New York.

y'all dudes so ******g lame for keeping this up when it's too clear what dude meant. MANY other people, rappers FROM NY INCLUDED, have tweeted saying that's what they took it as.

How can you take what Kendrick said any other way tho? He straight up said he was the King Of New York... It doesn't even matter how you analyzed it. What he said is what he said. PERIOD.

Youre in denial if you dont think he meant what he said... If I was a rapper from NY I'd be real heated right now.

Back
Top Bottom