pimp.gif
we're gonna take one (W)

some...

UK/Louisville
UCLA/Zona
Xavier/Dayton
Cuse/GTown
Temple/St. Joes

I guarantee the people that just said Duke/UNC haven't seen a Syracuse/G'Town game the last three years. Easily surpasses the last couple years of thatrivalry. Most overrated rivalry in CBB.

Another rivalry that doesn't get love is the Big 5 in Philly.

Can you read? I said the last few years. Who cares about a HBO documentary? IMO its the most overrated rivalry.

ESPN and the media just need to let that 1 live.

we all understand it. CBS Sports ran a countdown clock from like 100 days last year for it. Really?
grin.gif

It is #1. large part of it becoming that is they're are UNC and Duke fans all over the country resulting in the past 2 decades.

30K + in the Carrier Domer for GTown is as good as anything.

That 1 is dependent on both teams being good and Thompson's vs Boeheim though.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Okay so I'm a little biased but the most popular rivalry would be UNC/Duke but the longest would have to KU/MU.

I mean the rivalry dates all the way back to the Civil War.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Can you read? I said the last few years. Who cares about a HBO documentary? IMO its the most overrated rivalry.
Yeah because non-Big East fans really get excited for Georgetown-Syracuse.

roll.gif
at my dude Ashante Johnson getting BANGED on by Keyon. At least he stoodin there and took the charge. Well sort of. . .

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by langfor5

Okay so I'm a little biased but the most popular rivalry would be UNC/Duke but the longest would have to KU/MU.

I mean the rivalry dates all the way back to the Civil War.
Somebody has to turn Keyon Dooling's facial expression into a .gif

Oh yeah Duke/UNC takes this thread. I didn't really appreciate this rivalvry until last year when I came to NC for college (more specifically the TriangleArea). Cats get heated over this game. Everybody's glued to the TV, it is PANDEMONIUM (c) Jovan Muskatelle

All Acc schools are rivalries bc they all hate each other. Each school is in a 100 mile radius. You have the weirdo's WF fans, the loser NCState and thecry baby High Heels. Real man wear Royal Blue and Powder blue, that's for babies.

-Louisville/UK
-Cuse/GTown
-UConn/GTown
-UConn/Cuse
-AZ/UCLA

^^I ment NC schools.

laugh.gif
@ the cat saying it the most overrated rivalry. Do u think your a little bias, I mean u do have Cuse in your sig.

MD/Duke and MD/UNC is legit...Maryland fell off hard but for some reason they still beat either Duke or UNC every year. Trust the fans are intense at thesegames.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

MD/Duke and MD/UNC isn't legit.. Trust only MD fans care about these games.

fixed

Maryland never even went to a final four before 2001 . UNC and Duke fans don't care enough to hate MD

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

MD/Duke and MD/UNC isn't legit.. Trust only MD fans care about these games.

fixed

Maryland never even went to a final four before 2001 . UNC and Duke fans don't care enough to hate MD
The fix is correct. MD stay trying to invent rivalries.

Maybe a bit biased but people sleep on SU/G'Town

Its been going for a long time, some CLASSICS with OG John Thompson back at Manley and Ewing playing.

[JohnThompson] Manley is officially closed [/JohnThompson]
smh.gif

Few fights. Sherman vs Ewing

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait for the season

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Maybe a bit biased but people sleep on SU/G'Town

Its been going for a long time, some CLASSICS with OG John Thompson back at Manley and Ewing playing.

[JohnThompson] Manley is officially closed [/JohnThompson]
smh.gif

Few fights. Sherman vs Ewing

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait for the season

If you're a Big East follower or hardcore college basketball fan then you know about the rivalry.

Casual fans have no clue about it and I think you have to take that into consideration when rating a rivalry, at least in today's world of media and hype.

The only other rivalry in college basketball, that I can think of, that has heavy ESPN/media coverage besides Duke/UNC is Louisville/Kentucky.

Back
Top Bottom