Biggie vs. Tupac

phillypac shut the @%%$ up.

you have a Pac AVY and you have Pac in your NT name... stop riding him... gotdamn

A typical phillypac post:

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you are (insert something attacking the other person)

Tupac:

- reps Marin City, California and moved in with Ray Luv at 17 due to his mother's crack addiction
- There have been twelve studio albums released; six were completed before Shakur's death in 1996 and six were posthumously released whether or not hewould have selected this songs to be put on all his cd's is arguable.
- For some only the numbers matter, well let's talk numbers. Tupac has sold over 75 million records worldwide
- Tupac's world popularity is evident with murals of him being in bulgaria, bermuda, mexico, and sierra leone.
  • Shakur was inducted into the Hip-Hop Hall of Fame in 2002.[sup][62][/sup]
  • In 2003, MTV's "22 Greatest MCs" countdown listed Shakur as the "number 1 MC", as voted by the viewers.[sup][63][/sup] Because of his success and influence in music and poetry, he has become a cultural icon and is regarded by many of his peers, fans, and critics to be the greatest rapper of all-time
  • MTV ranked him at #2 on their list of The Greatest MCs of All Time behind Jay-Z but above Notorious B.I.G.
  • A Vibe magazine poll in 2004 rated Shakur "the greatest rapper of all time" as voted by fans.[sup][65][/sup]
  • At the First Annual Turks & Caicos International Film Festival held on Tuesday, October 17, 2006, Shakur was honored for his undeniable voice and talent and as a performer who crossed racial, ethnic, cultural and medium lines; his mother accepted the award on his behalf.[sup][66][/sup]
  • In 2008, the The National Association Of Recording Merchandisers in conjunction with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recognized him as a very influential artist and has added him in their Definitive 200 list.

^this all has to do with Pac as a image and his over all larger message. No one is doubting Pac as a movement.

I'm talking about nothing more than who is better just simply holding a microphone and spitting, and no one has done it better than Big L.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

you have a Pac AVY and you have Pac in your NT name... stop riding him... gotdamn
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

dudes from nyc are so lame they resort to riding dudes just because they from nyc cause nyc is garbage and they have make there trash city feel important toothers

stop riding nyc,you have all this goon non sense and a gun avy when you never seen one in person

mad lame,don't even reply in this thread

^this all has to do with Pac as a image and his over all larger message. No one is doubting Pac as a movement.

I'm talking about nothing more than who is better just simply holding a microphone and spitting, and no one has done it better than Big L.

Ya that post was more why my reasons Tupac is the greatest of all time but if your talking about just spitting on the mic, with no music or message or nothing... then its between Biggie and Big L, Eminem but i'd have to give it to Biggie... but Pac was still overall imo the most influential and inspirational.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Can you please stop with this Big L nonsense? The thread has nothing to do with him, so why bring him up? This thread is a debate between two of the mostinfluential rappers in history. It is not a thread about comparing people who were nice on the mic, but never developed.

Originally Posted by phillypac

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

dudes from nyc are so lame they resort to riding dudes just because they from nyc cause nyc is garbage and they have make there trash city feel important to others

stop riding nyc,you have all this goon non sense and a gun avy when you never seen one in person

It seems like I have touched a nerve doggie....

You say NYC is garbage but the *+#@! in ya AVY is from NYC
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

And how the hell do you know what I've seen or haven't seen in person??
nerd.gif

Dude hates on NY mad hard for no reason.

I haven't seen a thread relating to NY without a lame with a pac avy coming through with the "
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
"

laugh.gif
@ dude saying L hasn't developed when he lived for 1 album.
laugh.gif
@ dudes saying BIG > Big L flat out on the Mic. Could BIG freestyle half as well as L ? Did you even peep the tracks I put up where L bodied everybodyincluding BIG ?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

dudes from nyc are so lame they resort to riding dudes just because they from nyc cause nyc is garbage and they have make there trash city feel important to others

I think you are Laney Vs... you a bisexual thug.

dudes are dumb
laugh.gif

no way in HELL is Big L seeing Big.

Big L >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pac...definitely.

roll.gif
This dude. I love Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous but STOP. Big L > Pac definitely? Dude had 1 album. And no way in hell is Big L seeing BIG?
laugh.gif
You act like BIG is 100 times better than any rapper to ever touch the mic.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude hates on NY mad hard for no reason.

I haven't seen a thread relating to NY without a lame with a pac avy coming through with the "
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
"

laugh.gif
@ dude saying L hasn't developed when he lived for 1 album.

You serious homie? Like....really serious? You honestly believe that Big L reached his peak? That he was the best rapper he was going to be after that onealbum? (you know what....dont answer. Im done discussing Big L in a Biggie vs Pac thread. this is stupid. he never reached his potential PERIOD.)

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

dudes are dumb
laugh.gif

roll.gif
This dude. I love Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous but STOP. Big L > Pac definitely? Dude had 1 album. And no way in hell is Big L seeing BIG?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why do you keep bringing up the amount of material the artist has?

That doesn't have @*@% to do with anything.

Big L was a waaaaaaaaayy better lyricist than Pac ever was.

Difference between reaching potential and developing.

I thought you meant developing as in evolving and rapping beyond the same material, coming out with a new style etc etc.

Why even bring it up ? It makes my argument stronger. Dude wasn't even at his potential and was still nicer than Pac and BIG who looked like they bothalready hit peaks.

Lifestylez > Pac and BIG's best albums.

Closest case is Ready to Die but I think L's skill edges it out, too sick.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

it's not all about being a "lyricist"

going by ya dumb logic,canibus would be on top right now
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Did you listen to the track on the last page ? Big L was better in every regard except for emotion, which we already knew.

Stop using the "
indifferent.gif
" so much, It's best when used here and there.. not... you know, 8 in every post.

MidEastBeast..
Those two song you posted, yes L outshined B.I.G and Pac but those beats were tailored for L and were his songs so he definitely going to be trying harder onit.
IMO L doesn't have a song that can compare to a song like Warning or Everyday struggle
pimp.gif
although he came close with Put It On.

Difference between reaching potential and developing.

I thought you meant developing as in evolving and rapping beyond the same material, coming out with a new style etc etc.

Why even bring it up ? It makes my argument stronger. Dude wasn't even at his potential and was still nicer than Pac and BIG who looked like they both already hit peaks.

Lifestylez > Pac and BIG's best albums.

Closest case is Ready to Die but I think L's skill edges it out, too sick.

Dude are you serious? Lifestylez is nice, but it wasnt that great. Just because someone is a great lyricist does NOT mean it translates to great music. Big Lhad great flows, but his music was not nearly as good as you are making it out to be. Mistah F.A.B. is an INCREDIBLE freestyler.....his music is mostly trash.See what I mean?

Did you listen to the track on the last page ? Big L was better in every regard except for emotion, which we already knew.

Stop using the "
indifferent.gif
" so much, It's best when used here and there.. not... you know, 8 in every post.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you the type to go to a and1 game and get geeked off the and1 scrubs dribbling and honestly think they are better then nba stars

Originally Posted by Sno Nuff

MidEastBeast..
Those two song you posted, yes L outshined B.I.G and Pac but those beats were tailored for L and were his songs so he definitely going to be trying harder on it.
IMO L doesn't have a song that can compare to a song like Warning or Everyday struggle
pimp.gif
although he came close with Put It On.

I agree, he has some nice story telling tracks but BIG could paint a story much more smoothly. I love both songs. I still think that when everything isconsidered, including things like freestyling, L wins it. I'm not mad with any of the three here being called GOAT, but acting like L shouldn't even bein the discussion (like the OP did
indifferent.gif
) is ridiculous.

Stop using the "
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you the type to go to a and1 game and get geeked off the and1 scrubs dribbling and honestly think they are better then nba stars
What does that have to do with anything?
Dude is a neanderthal.
laugh.gif

Stop using the "
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You make-a NO sense.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

dudes are dumb
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why do you keep bringing up the amount of material the artist has?

That doesn't have @*@% to do with anything.

What's your definition of lyricist? I swear all you cats want to hear is metaphor after metaphor. If that's all you want to hear, then Pac ain'tyour dude. But don't act like Pac wasn't a lyricist. He kept it simple but he got to the point and you could feel his emotion, passion, etc. He camewith deep lyrics. You act like Pac didn't make good music and he ain't up there with the best.
laugh.gif
There's more to music than just metaphors. Pacis a much more complete artist than Big L was and he has a discography to back it up. Why do I keep bringing up how much material people have? Maybe becausethat's what you judge artists on? Your basing everything off one album. It was a classic album IMO, but don't act like Me Against the World and 7 DayTheory aren't up there.

Back
Top Bottom