Bill Hader 'Barry' - Complete Series Out Now on HBO

giphy.gif

Barry was an elite level scumbag to the very end

Poor Gene :smh:
I mean he killed ppl and had a twisted way of thinking but he was just very lucky, even after death.

Man what did Gene do to deserve that ending, damn.
Blame Janice’s dad. It’s kinda crazy how they came up with that narrative for the end.

Show was just not about ppl getting what they deserved.

Barry absolutely deserved death… but I find it interesting the show never forgets how Sally and Gene were very flawed in their own ways .

Gene’s narcissism and greed caught up to him to the very end and his hastiness killed the only man that could exonerate him.

Sally’s self-absorption and selfishness stepping on others in her pursuit of fame destroyed her career indefinitely.

Last edited:
Finally binged the final season.

The Fred Armisen cameo had me. :rofl:

Barry walking out the store with cache of guns is so 'Merica.

My dude NoHo Hank. :frown:

Cousineau being labelled as the mastermind for Barry's ******* and Barry going out as a hero is some nastee stuff.

Gonna miss this show.

Definitely was an interesting series finale. After everything that happened, John still looked up to his dad as a hero after watching that movie and still knows his mom is a POS.

I was honestly surprised about Fuches just giving John to Barry. Guess it showed that Fuches really did look at Barry as his son and that was all he needed to forgive him.

Hank 😔 Surprised they ended it with Cousineau going down for the whole thing, but yeah the "revenge only ends with two coffins" warning rang true. Shocked Fuches survived but I suppose he was truly looking out for Barry despite everything and actually earned a redemption.

Hank shoulda shot his *** tho :smh:

Cousineau deserved some kind of punishment for what he did. Maybe not that but then again, it all goes back to that revenge fable. Seeking revenge can be harmful. These are characters who have gotten away with a lot. It was time for their comeuppance.
Maybe I forgot, what the **** did Cousineau do? :lol: :nerd:

He was a lousy guy, hack of a teacher and actor but he was no different than any other Hollywood leech.

He shot his son out of fear and by accident.
Barry absolutely deserved death… but I find it interesting the show never forgets how Sally and Gene were very flawed in their own ways .
I would like to think being a hitman and killing as many ppl as he did would lead to Barry spending the rest of his life in prison. Something he was willing to do in the end and I think he would’ve even confessed to all of his other murders which would bring some closure to the dozens of families he scarred.

Instead he dies and his entire story is warped to make him a hero specifically negating so many he killed at the time just to cover up that he killed Janice.
Sally’s self-absorption and selfishness stepping on others in her pursuit of fame destroyed her career indefinitely.
Sally also killed someone. That’s what she should really face and own up to the law. Seems nobody saw the hypocrisy in her telling Barry to confess and end this then leave him while she just gets to tell her son she killed someone and be good with it (regardless of who she killed).

More importantly, Sally was not a good actor. There wasn’t much loss when she ruined her career and Hollywood screwed her out of her show. The Cousineau method does not work. She wasn’t really talented. Also let’s not forget had things lined up differently she would’ve had Barry torment and harass studio executives and producers (and potentially kill) in order for her to get a new show or acting gig.

These endings weren’t really about justice or getting what you deserved. Put aside some of the absurd things and this was just flawed ppl ******* up and trying to get away with **** along with a handful of murderous criminals doing what murderous criminals do.

After the show fell back from Barry discovering himself and exploring acting it was just about ****** up ppl in denial about their failings and Barry breaking down and going insane and after that he just went back to being up and in denial.

Hank 😔 Surprised they ended it with Cousineau going down for the whole thing, but yeah the "revenge only ends with two coffins" warning rang true. Shocked Fuches survived but I suppose he was truly looking out for Barry despite everything and actually earned a redemption.

Hank shoulda shot his *** tho :smh:
Redemption my ***.

Fuches actually grew from his experiences but he pretty much knows and accepted who he was. He’s just as much of a murderer as Barry he just literally got away with most of it.

You put aside him being a contract killer and mentor to a hitman (which he does not feel bad about) I’m not sure what he has to be redeemed for. He said things and said he was going to do things but he never killed Barry or Sally or Gene and from my recollection mostly killed other criminals.

The show is mostly comedy though cuz I can’t buy a person like Noho Hank could actually exist and make it that far :lol:

Last edited:
Redemption my ***.

Fuches actually grew from his experiences but he pretty much knows and accepted who he was. He’s just as much of a murderer as Barry he just literally got away with most of it.

You put aside him being a contract killer and mentor to a hitman (which he does not feel bad about) I’m not sure what he has to be redeemed for. He said things and said he was going to do things but he never killed Barry or Sally or Gene and from my recollection mostly killed other criminals.

The show is mostly comedy though cuz I can’t buy a person like Noho Hank could actually exist and make it that far :lol:
Redemption in his own eyes. Or Barry's. Not in reality and definitely not for the trail of destruction Fuches caused. There is no real redemption for any of the characters.

The show ended how life does though - random acts leading people on new paths or purposes, that leave them unfulfilled or broken completely.

:lol: Maybe I'm forgetting something, but nothing Gene did equated going down for the murders of a serial killer and ruining his rep. He put himself in a bad position, sure, but I don't think deserve is the right word.

Maybe I forgot, what the **** did Cousineau do? :lol: :nerd:

He was a lousy guy, hack of a teacher and actor but he was no different than any other Hollywood leech.

He shot his son out of fear and by accident.

He basically accepted hush money from Barry and was eventually consumed with revenge. This season has made it a point to show that getting revenge or at least seeking it, will not end well for the person who wants revenge. I think that’s why Fuch’s was spared. He had at least two opportunities to start his life over but chose revenge. When he finally decided not to seek revenge and return Barry’s kid, he was able to leave with his life. Barry was also seeking revenge and was on the verge of of turning it around when Gene finally got him. Gene chose revenge so he paid a price. His previous actions hurt his credibility and Barry was no longer around to clear Gene’s name. Maybe Gene didn’t deserve what he got based on what he actually did but he deserved it in terms of maybe a cosmic, supernatural sense. Everyone who was looking for revenge ended up suffering.

And the movie about Barry’s life that wasn’t entirely accurate, to me that was an indictment of Hollywood and their obsession with “Based on a true story” content. It shows the liberties that they take with real events.

Yeah after finally watching the finale i didn't need the last season at all. The fun of the show for me was that it was like kinda trying to be real but based in non-reality. I loved how it kinda kept you on edge with the absurdity that was the show. But then the last season got all serious and tried to like teach you stuff. Like nah it lost me. Felt like i was watching a completely different show.

Like oh Fuches has a bit of redemption from basically grooming Barry into a killer and feeling bad so he saved Barry's son at the end. But Barry still gets killed. And Hank getting killed basically goes against the DNA of the show (IMO). He escaped the shoot out when his driver got killed and all of Fuches men were lighting up his car. But yet he dies in another shoot out? Idk it felt strange to me

Back
Top Bottom