black father killed by police in a local walmart while holding a toy gun.

This is a video of what happened at a store in the Bronx over a rap fued. This was played on national TV within a day or two... A group of black men drinking, shooting someone with no compassion, over a rap beef. Why was their no hesitation or worries for media to get this video out in a heartbeat and get it going viral?
cuz its not controversial n a norm. plenty of shooting goes on wirh put it being reported.media will stir the pot

This is a video of what happened at a store in the Bronx over a rap fued. This was played on national TV within a day or two... A group of black men drinking, shooting someone with no compassion, over a rap beef. Why was their no hesitation or worries for media to get this video out in a heartbeat and get it going viral?

Becuz this isn't potential riot looting tearing down a city aka ferguson 2 material like the Walmart incident is..

Strongly agree with this. Not only fortify the institutionalized training, but also boost initial qualifications/requirements to be accepted into the force.

Have no experience with this but apparently the entrance exams and aptitude tests are JOKES, pretty much anyone with half logic can pass. Result: barely any filter to the people that enter the force. Haven't had much interaction with police but I've met plenty that were far from the sharpest tools in the shed. Not to mention race and gender quotas have the potential to further dilute the force.

To me it's scary that we give some of these people the privilege to carry weapons and use deadly force, some have no business being in LE, IMO
This is so far from true, its ridiculous. The amount of hoops people jump to get on to police departments now is nuts. I will run you through it.

1. Initial exam, its designed for the masses and while it is easy to pass only the top 5% for most exams ever get an opportunity to apply.

2. Physical ability test, about half of those people get knocked out on this.

3. Background, this is what slays people. Of the half that pass the physical get knocked out because they have less than outstanding backgrounds or aren't qualified enough (most of the guys in my class were either military, EMTS, had specialized training in firearms, security, or loss prevention, a bachelor's degree with many having master's or having already been through another academy).  I've seen people tossed for a parking ticket or because they have ties with "questionable" people.

4. 1st interview.  Of the number that's left, another 10-50% choke on the interview. Whether they can't explain something from their past or just don't do well, they won't get a shot.

5. Polygraph, voice stress test. Depending on the state, they might do one of these. Its pretty much voodoo, but it can have people shook and they will fail.

6. 2nd interview. This is usually just to make sure that the candidates are still interested in the job and give them a conditional offer of employment. At this point many people tend to turn the job down because they have already been hired somewhere else or they just don't want the job anymore.

7. Medical and drug test. The part that gets me is that so many people get knocked on this. They usually have something hidden like colorblindness, a heart condition or get caught using weed, cocaine or some other opiate.

8. Last and most importantly, the academy.  As someone whose been through one, it one of the most difficult things I've ever done.  Fighting, yelling, constant stress, daily PT, firearms, driving, nagging injuries, broken bones, weekly exams, punishments, daily papers, pepper spray, getting tased, and having absolutely no life for 6+ months sucks, and about 25% of the people in my class didn't finish for whatever reason, with 80% of the females failing.

9. FTO. After finishing the academy, most departments require 3-12 more months of specialized legal and field training, and they won't hesitate to fire somebody who doesn't meet the standard.

So after all that, less than 1% of all the people who PASSED the test get hired.

So yeah, to say that any idiot can become a cop is a very uninformed thing to say.  Its difficult, very difficult and whether or not random people on the internet believe it, we constantly get warned about situations like these at this Walmart or MO.  NOBODY wants to be the guy that makes the news like this because public opinion is usually formed on a lack of information or misinformation passed on by news outlets trying to get viewership or people who have no idea what they are talking about or someone who has an agenda to push.

That being said, I'm not gonna comment on whether or not this cop committed a crime because I was not there, nor do I have evidence to look at. All that being said, I still firmly believe that everyone deserves due process, be it a serial killer, a drug dealer, a gang member, a suburban mom, a crackhead or a corrupt police officer.  It just sucks that so many people make conclusive decisions based off of little to no knowledge of the situation on the ground.  Its really easy to monday morning quarterback, but most people don't have the balls to pull a trigger when necessary, especially knowing that it will get plastered on the news. By the way police officers are people too, and they will make bad decisions just like everyone else.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
With that said Eric Garners case was recorded live and shared and nothing has happened yet

Ferguson is happening NOW.. If these blind leading blind angry kids in that town (which ferguson is now) are watching ferguson.. There going to follow suit..

Not smart to release tape now..

That's adding gasoline to a fire..

This is so far from true, its ridiculous. The amount of hoops people jump to get on to police departments now is nuts. I will run you through it.

1. Initial exam, its designed for the masses and while it is easy to pass only the top 5% for most exams ever get an opportunity to apply.
2. Physical ability test, about half of those people get knocked out on this.
3. Background, this is what slays people. Of the half that pass the physical get knocked out because they have less than outstanding backgrounds or aren't qualified enough (most of the guys in my class were either military, EMTS, had specialized training in firearms, security, or loss prevention, a bachelor's degree with many having master's or having already been through another academy).  I've seen people tossed for a parking ticket or because they have ties with "questionable" people.
4. 1st interview.  Of the number that's left, another 10-50% choke on the interview. Whether they can't explain something from their past or just don't do well, they won't get a shot.
5. Polygraph, voice stress test. Depending on the state, they might do one of these. Its pretty much voodoo, but it can have people shook and they will fail.
6. 2nd interview. This is usually just to make sure that the candidates are still interested in the job and give them a conditional offer of employment. At this point many people tend to turn the job down because they have already been hired somewhere else or they just don't want the job anymore.
7. Medical and drug test. The part that gets me is that so many people get knocked on this. They usually have something hidden like colorblindness, a heart condition or get caught using weed, cocaine or some other opiate.
8. Last and most importantly, the academy.  As someone whose been through one, it one of the most difficult things I've ever done.  Fighting, yelling, constant stress, daily PT, firearms, driving, nagging injuries, broken bones, weekly exams, punishments, daily papers, pepper spray, getting tased, and having absolutely no life for 6+ months sucks, and about 25% of the people in my class didn't finish for whatever reason, with 80% of the females failing.
9. FTO. After finishing the academy, most departments require 3-12 more months of specialized legal and field training, and they won't hesitate to fire somebody who doesn't meet the standard.
So after all that, less than 1% of all the people who PASSED the test get hired.

So yeah, to say that any idiot can become a cop is a very uninformed thing to say.  Its difficult, very difficult and whether or not random people on the internet believe it, we constantly get warned about situations like these at this Walmart or MO.  NOBODY wants to be the guy that makes the news like this because public opinion is usually formed on a lack of information or misinformation passed on by news outlets trying to get viewership, people who have no idea what they are talking about or someone who has an agenda to push.

That being said, I'm not gonna comment on whether or not this cop committed a crime because I was not there, nor do I have evidence to look at, I still firmly believe that everyone deserves due process, be it a serial killer, a drug dealer, a gang member, a suburban mom or a corrupt police officer.  It just sucks that so many people make conclusive decisions based off of little to no knowledge of the situation on the ground.  Its really easy to monday morning quarterback, but most people don't have the balls to pull a trigger when necessary, especially knowing that it will get plastered on the news. By the way police officers are people too, and they will make bad decisions just like everyone else.

With all due respect all you named was an examination, while all the other limitations are of physical, background, & medical information.

These test don't probe how you will react when under pressure and not being tested, this doesn't check for racial biases and aggression, they aren't insisting on any kind of mental/ psych exams. So while someone may be able to follow orders from superiors, memorize rules for testing, and be in pretty good physical shape... that doesn't really help showcase how they will have relations with people on the street, nor will it stop them from COMPLETELY disregarding rules and laws as we have seen in Ferguson.

Like you said cops are people, so we're not playing Monday morning quaterback when we say it's not okay to shoot a child dead because you suspect him of something, It's not okay to gang choke a man to death who wasn't on the attack, it's not Okay to beat a man up after he's hancuffed and subdued.

I can go on & on & on.... the point being that yes their are good officers, who willingly work for a system that they know constantly goes outside of their rights, and will willingly fight for peers who commit crimes against human rights.

has long been believed that the hot summer months do something to the human psyche, altering it to be seemingly more aggressive and quicker to anger. Though there is no scientific evidence to support this notion, many African Americans may look at the unfortunate events involving the shooting deaths of young Black males across America and believe this notion to be fact. Since August 1, there have been three situations involving police officers that resulted in the deaths of young Black men who were unarmed. On August 5, John H. Crawford III was shot and killed by a police officer inside of a Walmart in Beavercreek, Ohio while carrying an air rifle he had picked up off the shelf at the retailer. Last week, Crawford’s family was joined by attorney Michael Wright in a press conference calling for answers as Beavercreek police officials say the officer that fired the shots followed proper protocol. In an exclusive interview with The Shadow League, Wright says he and Crawford’s family are pulling out all stops in their quest for justice.

“We initially wanted to get the surveillance video from Walmart,” said. “We will be in a better position to determine the next step whether it will be sometime of prosecution of the officers involved, some kind of action against Walmart, or some type of action against the manufacturer of these BB guns we just don’t know yet until we get all of the information.”

Initial reports read that the Montgomery County (OH) coroner announced Crawford’s death as a homicide. For some, this seemed to be a positive thing that would ultimately lead to charges being filed. However, Mr. Wright informed us that the homicide designation may not necessarily be a predicator for charges criminal charges being filed.

“Any killing of a person by someone else is considered a homicide. It could very well be that it’s determined to be a justifiable homicide. We would hope that that’s not the case. But a homicide simply means that someone was killed at the hands of someone else.”

Though the story has been in the news consistently for about two weeks, it has been largely drowned out from a media perspective, being sandwiched in time between the death of Eric Garner and Mike Brown.

"The local media has given the case coverage. We went live on CNN and all of the local stations and papers covered the press conference. I think that some people are afraid that the story may cause riots, etc. The full story hasn't been released and the initial press report lead readers to believe that he some how deserved what happen. In reality he does not have a record, he is a young father and comes from a good family. This is happening too often,” added Wright’s publicist Michele Roy.

From the death of Eric Garner in Staten Island, New York, to the shooting of Mike Brown in Ferguson, MO, the shooting of John H. Crawford III, and the recent shooting of 24-year-old Ezel Ford by the Los Angeles Police on Tuesday, it truly appears as if it is open season on Black males across the country. People are looking for answers and the buck inevitably stops on the federal level. However, Wright believes it would be extremely difficult for the federal government to enact any rule changes that would make officers less likely to use deadly force when it comes to African American males.

“It would be difficult, from a federal perspective, to legislate racism. So, I think that would be very difficult. Maybe having folks get a better understanding of one another so that people won’t be apprehensive around another set of people. I can’t answer that question. I don’t know what it would take for people to have a reaction to the young black male when they are in close proximity to them.”

“I listened to the 911 calls. There was only one call to 911 prior to the shooting. All of the other calls to 911 took place after the shooting. That person was a white male.”

Since racism is as hard to legislate as it is to prove in court, Wright and the Crawford family are meticulously attempting to get to the bottom of this sordid affair so that justice may ultimately rule the day.

“We’ve contacted the Beavercreek Police Department, the Beavercreek law office, the Ohio Attorney General’s office, in addition to the U.S. District Attorney’s office. We are seeking to get copies of the video, the communications between the Beavercreek Police Department and Walmart security or lack thereof. We’re just trying to get all the facts so that we can determine who is the culpable party in this tragic incident.”

“I think putting pressure on the local politicians, putting pressure on the local police departments and the local officials and letting them know that we’re not going to stand by and let the police and the powers that be have open season on young black men,” he continued.

Though the process may prove to be arduous and drawn out, the Crawford family appears primed and ready for the long haul. A black man has died and a family is left to pick up the pieces.

“John H. Crawford III was a father of two young boys. He had a one-year-old that was named after him, John Crawford IV, and a four-month-old. He was a son, the only child of Tressa Sherrod and John Crawford, Jr. He was loved. He was, by all accounts, a good, fun-loving, respectful young man.”

That's the latest update so far. Cop was following protocol and somehow Walmart doesn't have to give the tape.

With all due respect all you named was an examination, while all the other limitations are of physical, background, & medical information.

These test don't probe how you will react when under pressure and not being tested, this doesn't check for racial biases and aggression, they aren't insisting on any kind of mental/ psych exams. So while someone may be able to follow orders from superiors, memorize rules for testing, and be in pretty good physical shape... that doesn't really help showcase how they will have relations with people on the street, nor will it stop them from COMPLETELY disregarding rules and laws as we have seen in Ferguson.

Like you said cops are people, so we're not playing Monday morning quaterback when we say it's not okay to shoot a child dead because you suspect him of something, It's not okay to gang choke a man to death who wasn't on the attack, it's not Okay to beat a man up after he's hancuffed and subdued.

I can go on & on & on.... the point being that yes their are good officers, who willingly work for a system that they know constantly goes outside of their rights, and will willingly fight for peers who commit crimes against human rights.
I agree that there is no true way to see how a person is going to react in situations where they have power. That being said, that is replicated in most academies through stress training, live scenario training, and during field training. Most departments would much rather fire someone who they perceive to be a loose gun early in the game rather than get sued later on.  Combine that with the fact that the job changes people.  When you're constantly exposed to the worst things that the world has to offer, it changes your perception of your environment.  It is inevitable, but the majority of the people who do the job cope in a healthy way.  Like any other job or organization, it is that damn few that screw it up for everyone.

if he was in electronics they have the shooting from a few angles.

Sad thing bout this is the AP at the store is watching the vid non stop and won't say what they seen

Footage aint going no where for months so there is still time once the police request it THEY will get it which im 1000% they already have that. fam got a better chance of some body from ap leaking it then getting the video placed in there hands

The lack of accountability is what allows this behavior to take place. Once we start holding these police officers accountable for their actions, we will see a decline in this sort of behavior. For now, they can do whatever they want to civilians and get away with it. Or suspended with pay ( a vacation).
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/...e-leaned-on-toy-gun-in-walmart-attorney-says/

Surveillance video shows an Ohio man talking on a cell phone, leaning on a toy gun, and facing away from officers moments before police shot and killed him in a Walmart store, according to an attorney for the man’s family.

John Crawford III died Aug. 5 after police were called to Walmart in Beavercreek, near Dayton, by another shopper who reported a man carrying what appeared to be an AR-15 rifle.

The 22-year-old Crawford was instead carrying an unpackaged MK-177 (.177 caliber) BB/pellet rifle he picked up in the store’s toy department.

Police claim Crawford ignored their commands to drop the weapon, and the former Marine who called in the report and witnessed the shooting said Crawford “looked like he was going to go violently.”

But attorney Michael Wright said surveillance video from the incident, which Ohio’s attorney general allowed him to watch with Crawford’s family, contradicted those accounts.

“John was doing nothing wrong in Walmart, nothing more, nothing less than shopping,” Wright said.

The attorney said surveillance video showed Crawford facing away from officers, talking on the phone, and leaning on the pellet gun like a cane when he was “shot on sight” in a “militaristic” response by police.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced Tuesday handed the case over to a special prosecutor to present to a grand jury Sept. 22.

Piepmeier, an assistant Hamilton County, Ohio, prosecutor, has handled more than 100 officer-involved shooting cases in his career.

He oversaw the grand jury investigation of Stephen Roach, who was indicted but later acquitted of a negligent homicide charge in the fatal 2001 shooting of 19-year-old Timothy Thomas that sparked race riots in Cincinnati.

DeWine said Tuesday he was glad he had allowed Crawford’s family to view the surveillance video, but he did not plan to publicly release the video to avoid tainting the jury pool.

“I thought the family had the right to view it,” DeWine said. “The mom did not want to view it; I understand it. The dad did view it, (but) to put the video out on TV is not the right thing to do.”

Wright said the family objected to the piecemeal release of evidence, such as dispatch audio and video on the day of the shooting, was biased toward the police.

“Everything released is one-sided,” Wright said. “There is nothing favorable to John Crawford. You can’t show different pieces, show it all, don’t trickle pieces to gain favor of the public.”

He said the video suggests Crawford probably did not see or hear officers as they arrived.

Crawford was speaking by cell phone to his girlfriend, who was with his parents, when he was shot.

“He said he was at the video games playing videos, and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were,” said LeeCee Johnson, the mother of his two children. “The next thing I know, he said, ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting, and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him.”

Johnson put the phone on speaker mode, and she and Crawford’s parents heard him die.

“I could hear him just crying and screaming,” Johnson said. “I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

A 37-year-old woman at the store suffered an unspecified medical emergency after the shooting and died a short time later.

Sgt. David Darkow, one of the officers involved in the shooting, has already been allowed to resume his duties.

The other officer, Sean Williams, remains on administrative leave.

Wright called on DeWine to turn over the case to the U.S. Department of Justice.

So ya'll were saying??? :smh:

Minding his own business then getting shot from behind 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom