Black Folk, Where are we at when it comes to allowing others to use N word with the A

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

^

If they don't use the word themselves I won't use it around them outta respect. 

If the word is apart of your slang or even sometimes daily use, how or why would you know not to use the word around someone just out of respect as you just said??

Originally Posted by Gmills23

I try not to say it around white people.

Pretty much. I do slip up around my best friend tho cause she a white girl but she hangs with black folks and won't use the word which is good.

It's hilarious to me white people are dead set on using the word, talking about "well if you can why can't I?"
When whites say it, it's because they're trying to hard to be cool.  Saying the word isn't natural to you, that's not how you were raised, your older cousins didn't call you "lil ____", your family didn't come home saying "they still treating me like a ____ at work".  It isn't YOU.  So when they're out here talking bout some "____ this" and "____ that" you're frontin', point blank.

Also, one black person isnt a representative for the whole community. Just because one dude gave you a pass doesn't mean you have free reign to say it around whatever black person you encounter, so don't be mad if somebody gives you one to the chin when you call them the word.

And no, I don't call anybody the word who I wouldn't approve saying it back to me.  I don't even use it around black people unless I KNOW they're cool with it.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

It's hilarious to me white people are dead set on using the word, talking about "well if you can why can't I?"
When whites say it, it's because they're trying to hard to be cool.  Saying the word isn't natural to you, that's not how you were raised, your older cousins didn't call you "lil ____", your family didn't come home saying "they still treating me like a ____ at work".  It isn't YOU.  So when they're out here talking bout some "____ this" and "____ that" you're frontin', point blank.

Also, one black person is a representative for the whole community. Just because one dude gave you a pass doesn't mean you have free reign to say it around whatever black person you encounter, so don't be mad if somebody gives you one to the chin when you call them the word.

And no, I don't call anybody the word who I wouldn't approve saying it back to me.  I don't even use it around black people unless I KNOW they're cool with it.
Blue_Spool_Thread.JPG

It's all about demographics and where you were raised , just to be honest .

I was raised in Brooklyn with Puerto Ricans and Dominicans and we all called each other it growing up , it's a brotherhood thing .

00 : 41

Dude's have been saying the word since Day 1 .

Kind of like back in the days where Blacks called each other Brotha instead of Brother , it's about recognizing your peeps and understanding where you come from .

Heck , i even have White friends who say it although i must admit it , it sounds awkward because it seems that they're trying too hard to fit in .

It's what ever though , as long as no one is wording it in the negative form we're cool .

Some of the logic on here is comedic.

Get over yourselves. Your not special and a word isn't reserved for only one race to use

Just like there's "consequences" for using the word there's consequences if you try and assault someone over using a word you use.

You'll either end up in jail or end up getting beat down over something that coulda been avoided in the first place.

End of the day I say whatever I want because I don't like being told what to do. In the real world if someone wants to be a fake tough guy and get upset for no reason then whatever happens to him as a result is on him

Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack9

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Also, one black person is a representative for the whole community. Just because one dude gave you a pass doesn't mean you have free reign to say it around whatever black person you encounter, so don't be mad if somebody gives you one to the chin when you call them the word.

Blue_Spool_Thread.JPG

Get over yourselves. Your not special and a word isn't reserved for only one race to use

Just like there's "consequences" for using the word there's consequences if you try and assault someone over using a word you use.

You'll either end up in jail or end up getting beat down over something that coulda been avoided in the first place.

End of the day I say whatever I want because I don't like being told what to do. In the real world if someone wants to be a fake tough guy and get upset for no reason then whatever happens to him as a result is on him

whatever happens to you... also your fault

your tough enough to say whatever u want tho my #++!$... 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by Pepper

Another thing that really got me thinking: Why aren't whites or other cultures as avid about being able to use the word N-ga as opposed to pursuing the "right" to say other slurs?
other races don't tend to call each other, people outside of their race, random objects, and animals the slurs you're talking about.

I'm all for free speech. say what you want, but if you get checked for saying a certain word you should know you brought it on yourself.

Oh no? take a trip with me down to Dade County and then we can talk
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

whatever happens to you... also your fault

your tough enough to say whatever u want tho my #++!$... 
pimp.gif

that's fair enough in my book too.   if someone tried to get physical then i would defend myself and if i end up taking the L then oh well that's life.  everyone gets a beat down at least once in their life for the most part.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I don't like, and don't let anyone that isn't black say or use the word around me.  If that does occur, I let that person or people know how I feel about it.  I also speak to black people that use it frequently around non-black people, as they need to be taught as well.

If you say it, at all. You shouldn't care if anyone says it, at all.

(I use it frequently, I'm not black. -kanyeshrug-)

ok first off there is no white privelage second i am white and and if i wante dto i coudl use whnever where ever and majority of black ppl will not think twice about it because of my self presentation or waht ever you want to call it the way i carry myslef. Now with that ebing said i do not use the word @ all i did when i was younger cuz it was just me doign me but as i got older ive learne dthat to me it si disrespectful as a white guy to use it freely or in general so i do not any more becuase it is disrepspectful but @ the same tiem you can not be mad when other races use it beign as the word is so widely acceptable and used now but thats my opinion........ i know there will be some comments made due to what i said and thats cool say wht you want but truth is truth.

im not black but im suprised that some black people still care about this. When someone says the word with an ER, I am disgusted. When they use it with an A at the end, it has no different meaning to me than the word "dood". The hip hop world influences people of all races, not just black folks, and not just black folks buy albums.

I say just let it go. Black folks are well liked, atleast here in cali they are. It's time to let go of the past and except a not-as-racist future.

Proof? The black kid with the hoodie. Everyone was pissed, not just black folks. That black dood who is facing murder charges in iraq for accidentally killing an afgani doctor in the heat of batter, everones got this doods back. That Long Beach Poly player who was falsely accused of rape? People are boiling over that too, not just black folks. These are front page stories in the Times this month. The blindside? that mess had white folks at the academy teary eyed.

The thing is....why do you WANT to use it?

I can only speak for myself...but I think most black males can agree...it's a word that's been ingratiated in OUR culture from an early age...whether right or wrong.

Ya'll hear that !@## in public and in rap songs. It ain't like ya'll grow up in environments where it's used casually as a term of endearment. It ain't like ya'll been hearing that !@## since grade school or in your households amongst family.

So everyone is right in the sense that no one has a "right" to use a word but I am extremely puzzled as to WHY white people want to say it?

No matter how hard yall exploit our culture and wanna identify with us...yall ain't us. So what's the motive?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

^
If they don't use the word themselves I won't use it around them outta respect.
If the word is apart of your slang or even sometimes daily use, how or why would you know not to use the word around someone just out of respect as you just said??
I assume he waits til he hears other black ppl say it until he starts using it.

I wish I would've known before hand dude freely uses the n word because it's slang to him before I engaged him about white privilege being a myth in the other thread. Cuz althought I've already stated my stance on white ppl using I get a better understanding of this dude's mentality from his posts in here overall on the race issue.

Hip Hop is a by-product of black and hispanic culture in NY back in the 70s. It has evolved into something that everyone can be apart of...but it's our music. Whether you want to admit that or not.

%%+! you talkin bout.

Back
Top Bottom