BLACK FRIDAY 2009!!! THE FALL OUT!!! STORIES & BOUNTIES!!!

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

with that $179 laptop, it comes with a 64 bit windows 7 operating system...with only 2 gigs of ram? I thought the MINIMUM for that OS to operate was 3 gigs? That sounds like a potential setup to me, but I'm very interested in a cheap small laptop to do %@%# with at school so I don't have to carry my 17 inch around, %++# a netbook though...

aghhh I might just stick to the camera...or maybe both...%++# I hate this time of the year
laugh.gif
no. all the mini laptops come with a version of windows 7 called the starter edition. Windows 7 only requires 1 gb to run...at least 1.5 to 2 torun efficiently if you are going to have a bunch of crap on it.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

with that $179 laptop, it comes with a 64 bit windows 7 operating system...with only 2 gigs of ram? I thought the MINIMUM for that OS to operate was 3 gigs? That sounds like a potential setup to me, but I'm very interested in a cheap small laptop to do %@%# with at school so I don't have to carry my 17 inch around, %++# a netbook though...

aghhh I might just stick to the camera...or maybe both...%++# I hate this time of the year
laugh.gif
no. all the mini laptops come with a version of windows 7 called the starter edition. Windows 7 only requires 1 gb to run...at least 1.5 to 2 to run efficiently if you are going to have a bunch of crap on it.
no I know they have different versions of windows 7 operating systems, but I was referring to the 64 bit version specifically. When I got my 64bit Vista laptop I remember reading it was best suited for laptops with at least 4 gigs of ram, and when I thought about upgrading to windows 7 earlier thisyear I looked it up and thought I saw the minimum requirement for windows 7 to run efficiently was 3 GB of ram.

Now I see this laptop with 2 GB ram running the 64 bit windows 7 OS and I don't know if I was mistaken with what I read or if that's something tobeware of and there may be more to this low $179 price than meets the eye.

laugh.gif
no. all the mini laptops come with a version of windows 7 called the starter edition. Windows 7 only requires 1 gb to run...at least 1.5 to 2 to run efficiently if you are going to have a bunch of crap on it.
no I know they have different versions of windows 7 operating systems, but I was referring to the 64 bit version specifically. When I got my 64 bit Vista laptop I remember reading it was best suited for laptops with at least 4 gigs of ram, and when I thought about upgrading to windows 7 earlier this year I looked it up and thought I saw the minimum requirement for windows 7 to run efficiently was 3 GB of ram.

Now I see this laptop with 2 GB ram running the 64 bit windows 7 OS and I don't know if I was mistaken with what I read or if that's something to beware of and there may be more to this low $179 price than meets the eye.
what laptop is 170 with windows 7 64 bit already on it? ( i highly doubt thats the case...i work at bestbuy and see these things everyday) the oneyou keep referring to has the starter edition because it is a netbook. all netbooks either come with xp or 7 starter. One of the main points or perks ofwindows 7 was that it uses less resources than vista. so dont automatically assume that the requirements for vista are equivalent to 7. and here are the systemrequirements from microsoft.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Windows 7 system requirements[/h1]

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher drive

Moreover...if you are referring to the 179 mini posted above...it comes with xp according to bbuy...

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ll+Categories&ks=960

Does that help?
grin.gif

Newegg Black Friday: Sharp LC-46SB57U 46" 16:9 4ms 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV $699.99

Walmart.com Black Friday: Sony Bravia 46" LCD 1080p HDTV $798.00

Dell Home & Office Black Friday: Sharp 42" 1080p LCD HDTV $599.00

Walmart.com Black Friday: Samsung LN40B500 40" LCD 1080p HDTV $598

Best Buy Black Friday: Samsung 40" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Model # LN40B500P3FXZA) $597.99

Originally Posted by Jabawokee

Walmart: $300 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1664945)
- PS3 Slim, 120GB
- Games: Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum
- Movies: The Dark Knight

Best Buy: $300 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1660288)
- PS3 Slim, 120GB
- Games: Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank

Meijer: $300 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1666187)
- PS3 Slim, 120GB
- Games: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Ratchet & Clank
- Movies: Step Brothers, Black Hawk Down
* Extra 5% bonus cash back if you use a Discover card (link)

Alternate Meijer Deal: $255 (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=166405...com/content/content.jsp?pageName=meijer_deals[meijer.com])
- 15% General Merchandise Coupon
- $299 - 15% = $255 + Tax

Gamestop: $300 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1676404)
- PS3 Slim, 120GB
- Games: Little Big Planet, God of War Collection

Sam's Club: $400 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1649222)
- PS3 Slim, 120GB
- Games: Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum
- Accessories: +1 Dualshock 3 controller, +1 BluRay remote, +1 HDMI cable

Sears: $300 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1628241)
- PS3 Slim, 120GB
- Accessories: +1 BluRay remote

Amazon: $300? (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1663015)
- PS3 120GB
- 2 Additional Games (Titles not specified)

Bruh, good lookin on all this info.

The Sam's Club PS3 deal seems to be the best out of all of them...should I jump on it?

What I'm referring to in a nutshell before I go to work:

http://www.bestbuy.com/do...2F&ref=39&loc=01
from page 34 in this post, the HP laptop down there is gonna be $179 on black friday

I checked out that laptop:
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...714579&skuId=9617193
that's what the same laptop is, according to best buy

now I copy/pasted that right from the specifications page of the laptop in question, and what caught my eye was the 2GB ram and the Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit operating system

Now from my understanding there were differences in the 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems that altered the way the cpu ran, which is why I asked the questioninitially.

To install a 64-bit version of Windows 7, you need a CPU that's capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows. The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more. In such cases, because a 64-bit operating system can handle large amounts of memory more efficiently than a 32-bit operating system can, a 64-bit system can be more responsive when running several programs at the same time and switching between them frequently.

from: http://windows.microsoft....equently-asked-questions
doesn't specifically say this, it just says the benefits of the 64 bit processor are most apparent on a computer with at least 4 gigs, not that itcan't run on systems with less, so I stand corrected from my view point...

WITH THAT SAID, I know what a netbook is, I know the differences between windows 7, windows xp, and windows vista, and I know the specs of a laptop when I seethem, and that is definitely a laptop running a 64 bit version of windows 7, the home premium version to be exact. I know you were just trying to help but itseemed like you were doubting what I was saying completely and unless any of that is false and I stand even more corrected, that's what I was basing mystatements off of.

i'm looking for video game deals, a logitech touch screen remote, and a above average GPS system ... but i refuse to leave my house ...

any info on games would be great

specifically god of war comp, forza 3, borderlands, mario wii, fallout 3 game of the year edition

i hope you see how we kept getting confused...the laptop you want is going to be 197. when you kept saying 179 i thought you were referring to the netbook.which is 179. everything else i said in my post is still correct tho
smile.gif

have a good day at work

so nothing on the iphone then I guess? Whatever its only 200 anyway. I can afford that?

Nothing on guitar center yet? I could use a new amp.

WITH THAT SAID, I know what a netbook is, I know the differences between windows 7, windows xp, and windows vista, and I know the specs of a laptop when I see them, and that is definitely a laptop running a 64 bit version of windows 7, the home premium version to be exact. I know you were just trying to help but it seemed like you were doubting what I was saying completely and unless any of that is false and I stand even more corrected, that's what I was basing my statements off of.

Apparently you don't -

That ain't a netbook pal, that's a notebook - or a laptop.

So yes - it is possible they have a 64 bit version of it on there, and given your knowledge of computers I can tell you that you don't need that and itwill probably drag @@! on those specs. Nobody is arguing with you the fact that a computer with only 2 gigs of ram should be using a 64 bit version ofwindows, we're simply saying they don't put 64-bit OS's on a netbook right now, b/c they use tiny processors and tiny amounts of ram. But whatyou're looking at isn't a netbook.

You could pick up the one at Walmart for $300.00 plus...

RadioShack : DualShock 3 PS3 Wireless Controler $29.99

Can i get a timeout?

on the best buy online ad, does that mean the deals are available online as well? some are marked in store only and says start shopping early on nov 26

nerd.gif

*yes im beasting for a laptop*
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Yo....for the games that are $25 at wal-mart, are they for more than one console?

I see NBA 2K10 for $25 for the 360...but will that be for the PS3 as well?

The following is a list of some of the unadvertised instant rebate deals that will be available at most Costco locations in the U.S. through the 2009 BFweekend.

Acer
Netbook w/Accessory Pack-AOD250-1389 ($50 off)
Netbook-AOD250-1958 ($20 off)

Canon
HF200 Camcorder Bundle ($30 off)
SD1200 Digital Camera Bundle ($20 off)
Sx200 Digital Camera Bundle ($40 off)

Casio
FC100 Digital Camera Bundle ($50 off)

Hewlett Packard
C4550 Printer ($30 off)
Laptop 15.6"-G60-533CL ($50 off)

Ion Audio
USB Turntable-TTUSB10 ($20 off)

LG
50" Plasma-50PQ20 ($100 off)

Logitech
C600Webcam ($10 off)

Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi 73" DLP Rear Projection w/ TV Stand-WD73C9 ($300 off)

Nikon
S570 Digital Camera Bundle ($50 off)
S630 Digital Camera Bundle ($20 off)
P90 Digital Camera Bundle ($100 off)

Olympus
1050SW Digital Camera Bundle ($20 off)
Tough 6000 Digital Camera Bundle ($30 off)

Panasonic
TM10 Camcorder Bundle ($50 off)
SC-PT673 DVD Home Theater System ($30 off)

Philips
HTS3371D/F7 DVD Home Theater System ($20 off)

Ooma
Ooma V.O.I.P. Phone System ($20 off)

Samsung
23" LCD-P2370HD ($50 off)
32" LCD-LN32B540 ($150 off)
40" LCD-LN40B540 ($150 off)
46" LCD-LN46B610 ($400 off)
52" LCD-LN52B610 ($300 off)
58" Plasma-PN58B540 ($350 off)
Blu-Ray Player-BDP1590C ($30 off)
HT-X810 Soundbar w/ DVD player ($50 off)
SMX-F33 Camcorder Bundle ($30 off)

Seagate
1 TB Portable Hard Drive ($30 off)

Sharp
60" LD-LC-C6077UN ($300 off)

Sony
32" LCD-KDL-32LL150 ($100 off)

40" LCD-KDL-40VL160 and Blu-Ray Player-BDP-BX2 ($280 off) ***you must purchase both on items on the same receipt during BF weekend to receive this instantrebate.

52" LCD-KDL-52V150 and Blu-Ray Home Theater System-BDVT11 ($600 off) ***you must purchase both items on the same receipt during BF weekend to receive thisinstant rebate.

DAV-HDX589W/M DVD Home Theater System ($70 off)
Blu-Ray Network Streaming Player-BDPN460HP ($30 off)

Teac
HD-1 HD Radio ($20 off)
CD-X60I IPod/MP3/CD/AM-FM Sound System ($20 off)

Vizio
26" LCD-VA26LHDTV10T ($60 off)
Blu-Ray Player-VBR-110 ($40 off)
Motorized Tilting TV Wall Mount-VMT40-55M ($50 off)

Western Digital
500 GB Portable Hard Dirve ($15 off)

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Yo....for the games that are $25 at wal-mart, are they for more than one console?

I see NBA 2K10 for $25 for the 360...but will that be for the PS3 as well?
It looks like these are console only deals.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

WITH THAT SAID, I know what a netbook is, I know the differences between windows 7, windows xp, and windows vista, and I know the specs of a laptop when I see them, and that is definitely a laptop running a 64 bit version of windows 7, the home premium version to be exact. I know you were just trying to help but it seemed like you were doubting what I was saying completely and unless any of that is false and I stand even more corrected, that's what I was basing my statements off of.

Apparently you don't -

That ain't a netbook pal, that's a notebook - or a laptop.

So yes - it is possible they have a 64 bit version of it on there, and given your knowledge of computers I can tell you that you don't need that and it will probably drag @@! on those specs. Nobody is arguing with you the fact that a computer with only 2 gigs of ram should be using a 64 bit version of windows, we're simply saying they don't put 64-bit OS's on a netbook right now, b/c they use tiny processors and tiny amounts of ram. But what you're looking at isn't a netbook.

um...

laugh.gif
no I know they have different versions of windows 7 operating systems, but I was referring to the 64 bit version specifically. When I got my 64 bit Vista laptop I remember reading it was best suited for laptops with at least 4 gigs of ram, and when I thought about upgrading to windows 7 earlier this year I looked it up and thought I saw the minimum requirement for windows 7 to run efficiently was 3 GB of ram.

Now I see this laptop with 2 GB ram running the 64 bit windows 7 OS and I don't know if I was mistaken with what I read or if that's something to beware of and there may be more to this low $179 price than meets the eye.
what laptop is 170 with windows 7 64 bit already on it? ( i highly doubt thats the case...i work at bestbuy and see these things everyday) the one you keep referring to has the starter edition because it is a netbook. all netbooks either come with xp or 7 starter. One of the main points or perks of windows 7 was that it uses less resources than vista. so dont automatically assume that the requirements for vista are equivalent to 7. and here are the system requirements from microsoft.

[h1]Windows 7 system requirements[/h1]

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher drive

Moreover...if you are referring to the 179 mini posted above...it comes with xp according to bbuy...

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ll+Categories&ks=960

Does that help?
grin.gif

clearly I'm not the one referring to the laptop/notebook I questioned as a netbook, clearly...

just wanted to point that out for you, if you still need reference markers in the post I'll come back and bold the different mentioning of laptop andnetbook/mini laptop along with the username of who said what cited within the post on my lunch break, just let me know

Originally Posted by badjustin

Originally Posted by magneto621

just picked up this tv...

33485117-2-440-OVR-1.gif

47 inch LG...hope it will be good for gaming!
how much did it go for?
happy.gif

I got it for about 1200 wit 3 yr warranty, wall mount, and tax. if you live in NJ go c Jose at 6th ave electronics, he will hook you up! Tell him Dimitri &Danny wit the LG set sent ya..

I had no idea they made tv's where you can hook up a ethernet cable to the back of it and it gives you "widgets"..i can go on youtube on thisthing and check live weather..o btw, i dont got netflicks but for those that do, it streams movies too...

& yeah i need to update my ravens team sig, but thats the OG squad
pimp.gif
chris mccalister and rolle shut down corners
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom