BLACK FRIDAY 2009!!! THE FALL OUT!!! STORIES & BOUNTIES!!!

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Yo tell me if this is true cuz my boy keep telling me this.

He says that you can go online to bestbuy and order the hp latop for 179 at midnight?

Is this true? I didnt even see it in the ads
Nah doorbuster only. Gotta be one of 5 people to get the coupon too.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I did my shopping online already. Got a blu ray player for 149 with Watchmen for free and a rack of dvd's from Best Buy and Amazon. None of those deals in the ads for Best Buy are worth getting up extra early and fighting a mob of people over. Plus all the hot products that are cheap have bad customer ratings.
basically...... if you want to buy anything that is NOT listed on the front page, you can go at 9 or 10 am and still be able to get it. and insome cases, you can even go on saturday and still get it. that's always been the case for me every year. (i don;t buy online cuz i have to pay taxes thatway)

Made it to the best buy in NOHO like a half hour ago, there about a good 25 people infront of me, I just hope I can get my damn computer

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

do these people (who line up 24-48hours) have real jobs and just take DAYS OFF or purely resellers?

Most jobs are closed Thanksgiving day and the day after. Also you can factor in that people take their vacation time for this week.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

when bestbuy says something like minimum 10 per store that means theres more than 10 or they only have 10?
minimum 10 per store means only 10 PER store

it's really maximum 10 per store but they're not lying when they say "minimum" 10....

Ordered my Panasonic BD60 for $135 shipped including Monsters Inc, Cars, and Up on Blu for free courtesy Amazon
pimp.gif

$135.97 if you don't have a discover card

Instructions:
Shopping Cart:
Item(s) Subtotal: $181.96
Shipping & Handling: $15.26
Super Saver Discount: -$15.26
Promotion Applied: -$26.00
Discover Card Promo: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$19.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $125.97

%#+@ that ima leave the house to bestbuy around 4 or 5 am if i dont get what i want, oh well

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

when bestbuy says something like minimum 10 per store that means theres more than 10 or they only have 10?

it's really maximum 10 per store but they're not lying when they say "minimum" 10....
You're wrong buddy, sorry.

what the line looking like at the Great Mall at Milpitas?
nerd.gif
Just heard onthe news they opening up at mid-night i might just join this madness and hit up the saks 5th outlet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

yep, Best Buy around here had alot of there stuff out yesterday with "DONT SELL UNTIL FRIDAY" And I had the ad on my iphone and somethings they hadlike 15 when it said min of 10. SO if might be a lil more.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by 35KD

Plan on going to BestBuy around 11 pm. If the line is too big, I'm leaving. I'm gonna do most of my shopping online though. Maybe head out to Bellevue Square around 10 or 11.

dont even bother
hey, speak on what you know--I live in a quiet suburb and it was pretty chill.

Actually, I am speaking on what I know. That bestbuy is in the minority.

How many ppl do you estimate were in line in this "pretty chill" line by the way?

You know Black Friday is dangerous , but our friend Gary, the HD Guru, got pretty specific on a few particularly bad deals. For example, that 32" Emersonon sale at Walmart for $248 sounds good, right? Not so fast.

Gary points out that the warranty on this baby is so bad (90-day labor, 1-year parts) that if it broke, it "will cost the owner another $150 [or more]after the 90th day of ownership and at least $250 to repair after the one year warranty is over." He also mentions that failure rates on cheaper off-brandTVs are generally higher--and often significantly higher--than the big well-known brands.

Make the jump to read the details and check out more of Gary's great exposé, including why a Westinghouse TV might not be a good deal, what cheap Blu-rayplayer to look for, and why 240Hz HDMI cables aren't just a ripoff, they're flat-out BS. [ HD Guru ]

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Originally Posted by daprescription

yep, Best Buy around here had alot of there stuff out yesterday with "DONT SELL UNTIL FRIDAY" And I had the ad on my iphone and somethings they had like 15 when it said min of 10. SO if might be a lil more.
whatever man, just don;t go in there expecting "minimum of 10" means there's hundreds.....

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

You know Black Friday is dangerous , but our friend Gary, the HD Guru, got pretty specific on a few particularly bad deals. For example, that 32" Emerson on sale at Walmart for $248 sounds good, right? Not so fast.

Gary points out that the warranty on this baby is so bad (90-day labor, 1-year parts) that if it broke, it "will cost the owner another $150 [or more] after the 90th day of ownership and at least $250 to repair after the one year warranty is over." He also mentions that failure rates on cheaper off-brand TVs are generally higher--and often significantly higher--than the big well-known brands.

Make the jump to read the details and check out more of Gary's great exposé, including why a Westinghouse TV might not be a good deal, what cheap Blu-ray player to look for, and why 240Hz HDMI cables aren't just a ripoff, they're flat-out BS. [ HD Guru ]
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Im bout to head out to wal mart to cop that 32"

Just go back from my local Wal-Mart. Since i use to work there 2 years ago i still know people that can hook it up. My homie said they got like 50 plasma tvs.There was so many FEDS there its gonna be crazy.He also said the laptops arent worth getting because there like 1GB. I hope this isnt true.

Back
Top Bottom