Black guy hair cuts

I have to pick up some beard butter some time soon. My beard is getting long and the only thing I use on it is lotion for my face :smh:

The clone cut though? I still don't see that many cats out here rocking the curls/taper. Faux hawks still go in and out but I can't mess with those.

Im in florida and its very popular. Honestly to me wherher they curl the top or faux hawk or flat top it, its Pretty much The same cut.

I see one of those three repeatedly on a daily basis down there

I started growing my high top fade in the summer of 2013 and then cut it last summer cause felt I was too old for that hairstyle. I got the Nas fade which was my original haircut but, I wasn't feeling it anymore so I regrew my hair and I've been getting the Hi Lo Fade.

Question how many different low maintenance hairstyles can we obtain? It's limited i don't feel like wearing a Du-Rags and ish and brushing my hair a million times lol and Dreads are not my style.

For the first time in years my barber pushed my line back :frown:

Gonna wait an extra week and bounce back better then ever :smokin

This might be a blessing in disguise because going every week was hurting my pockets :lol:

word ive been going every/every week n a half for about 3 months now...I don't even get a haircut just shape ups lol and they trim it down to my liking

Ive been doing it for 4 years. 1 week cut inbetwenn edge taper. By day 10 i need a cut again. Hair grows too fast smh

Ive been doing it for 4 years. 1 week cut inbetwenn edge taper. By day 10 i need a cut again. Hair grows too fast smh

Same 4 days later after my cut it don't even look that fresh , exactly 1 week later I gotta get at least a shape up but I've been on some chill ***** and waiting exactly for those 2 weeks .

Learned to cut my hair in the military... been rocking 360s for a min... last year had the curly fro taper combo but the maintenence is a *****. I get a cut from my barber every 3 weeks or so and i cut and line myselfup in between... he does the razor edge so its a bit crispier than went i do it but not much difference...

Save at aleast 50 a month on cuts by doing it myself...

Thinking about growing my hair out. Really want to do the curls again, this time with longer hair than last time. What Andis liners yall using to shape yourself up?

Man me too bro. Im debating if I should right now or wait a couple months for the cooler weather.

Supposta be triple digits for the greater part of this week :x

Get you some dread implants like Ferry wap rusty.

I don't know what cut I'm going for next might keep it the same idk, kinda don't wanna be a #nappyboi no more lol.

Cut my own for the first time in a while and it came out good. Might just keep doing that.
Pisses me off that I can't find a barber who can cut my hair as good as I can, but I deal with it because of the time it takes to cut and clean up the bathroom afterward.  Half the time I end up coming home and fixing the cut, so that kinda defeats the purpose.

Just cut mine. Came out lovely. Still doing waves with a taper and just went wider on the beard and mustache.

31RIwyXETlL._SY300_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B008BQGYAK
They haven't failed me yet and I've had them for 2 years.

Last edited:
Now I know why I cut my own hair.

Currently at the barber shop and been waiting for more than 2 hours. On top of it, there's two grown *** men shouting at each other bout the cavs and warriors game last night acting like they were on the court playing last night
mean.gif
That's pretty standard Barbershop Culture and it's pretty entertaining for the most part. LOL

If you don't want to sit & wait for 2 Hours.... Make an Appointment next time. Easy Solution.

What clippers are you guys using to keep facial hair trimmed? My beard grows back curly and kinda thick, and I would like to keep my facial hair trimmed in between cuts.

Barber Shop and Professional Place of Business never quite went hand in hand...in the black/hispanic community anyway.
It doesn't mean it's NOT a "Professional Place of Business" just because a Barbershop is a Barbershop. Business can be handled in a professional manner all day everyday... it just so happens that Black/Latino Barbershops are often a Refuge for Men to just be themselves. Black/White/Latino or Otherwise. Letting guys discuss the NBA Finals with some fervor, does not dictate whether an establishment is Professional or Not. 

Thing is, most of the White guys I've ever known get their Hair Cut in SALONS and 95% of the time by WOMEN. So their Hair-Cut environment isn't as conducive to speaking your mind on Men's Topics and having heated & fun discussions on Sports & Other Current News.

It doesn't mean it's NOT a "Professional Place of Business" just because a Barbershop is a Barbershop. Business can be handled in a professional manner all day everyday... it just so happens that Black/Latino Barbershops are often a Refuge for Men to just be themselves. Black/White/Latino or Otherwise. Letting guys discuss the NBA Finals with some fervor, does not dictate whether an establishment is Professional or Not. 

Thing is, most of the White guys I've ever known get their Hair Cut in SALONS and 95% of the time by WOMEN. So their Hair-Cut environment isn't as conducive to speaking your mind on Men's Topics and having heated & fun discussions on Sports & Other Current News.

What are you talking about??

For the first time in years my barber pushed my line back
frown.gif

Gonna wait an extra week and bounce back better then ever
smokin.gif

This might be a blessing in disguise because going every week was hurting my pockets
laugh.gif
The SAME THING happened to me this week! Usually my Barber is on his game, but I could tell half-way thru the lining that he was higher than usual.

I don't get it... is it like they screw up from not being focused and have to fix it? Don't understand any other reason. And had the NERVE to tell me he's RAISED HIS PRICE to $20 Per Cut since I've been away.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Bout to see what this Oster Fast Feed does though... if it's as good as I think it is, my Barber might only see me Every Now & Then! 
pimp.gif

Barber Shop and Professional Place of Business never quite went hand in hand...in the black/hispanic community anyway.

LL

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom