Black guy hair cuts

Went to a new barber and he charged $25 for a taper. I've never paid more than $15 for a cut. He literally just faded my sides (and you can hardly tell on the sides) and back for $25. 
mean.gif

Went to a new barber and he charged $25 for a taper. I've never paid more than $15 for a cut. He literally just faded my sides (and you can hardly tell on the sides) and back for $25. :smh:

And I thought I got fleeced when I paid $15 for a taper :x

Went to a new barber and he charged $25 for a taper. I've never paid more than $15 for a cut. He literally just faded my sides (and you can hardly tell on the sides) and back for $25. :smh:

I had to straight up ask dudes how much they charge before i even sit in the chair now. I never use to do that but these dudes prices are outrageous out here.

Supply/Demand

he complained about a $25 taper, yet also payed for said taper
laugh.gif

so as long folks pay, they send the message they agree with the price.
Right. Cause I was gonna say I'm not paying $25 after he cut my hair. Come on now. That's asking for trouble and I seriously doubt you would've refused to pay.

Supply/Demand

he complained about a $25 taper, yet also payed for said taper :lol:

Right. Cause I was gonna say I'm not paying $25 after he cut my hair. Come on now. That's asking for trouble and I seriously doubt you would've refused to pay.

Apparently that gets you "jumped".. :lol: :rolleyes

Last edited:
You know NT goons. They bang the baddest and drive the hottest of the hottest. They also wont pay for their haircut if they don't think its worth it and the barber is ***** enough to allow them to walk out without paying. :rolleyes

nah, but you should have asked, especially on some new cat, I was assuming u did, because that how I am with a lot of things.

Last edited:
It's hard when you're younger, but you have to remember that the barber isn't doing you a favor, you're a customer paying for a service. Can't go in not knowing what the price will be for that service, you're giving them the green light to charge whatever they want that way. I've seen too many dudes tricked into paying for a beard lineup they never agreed to

Supply/Demand

he complained about a $25 taper, yet also payed for said taper :lol:

It would be different if he knew before the cut and still paid. He obviously didn't know, and he couldn't just not pay the guy.

:rofl: exactly

Y'all barbershops don't have the prices posted on the wall?

Damn near every one I've been to has that.

I was wondering this myself. Either way, I wouldn't play myself by not asking before hand whether or not the signs are posted. Some shops have the same sign in there from the time they opened and never changed the price. I want to hear it out dudes mouth and determine if that price is acceptable for the cut I want.

It's hard when you're younger, but you have to remember that the barber isn't doing you a favor, you're a customer paying for a service. Can't go in not knowing what the price will be for that service, you're giving them the green light to charge whatever they want that way. I've seen too many dudes tricked into paying for a beard lineup they never agreed to

How were they tricked? Are you saying they paid extra for the beard line up even though it was part of the cut, or they didn't want it at all but the barber did what the hell he wanted to do?

Last edited:
Yo. Sponge finally came in. Used it this morning after applying the coconut oil. Bruh :wow: I was contemplating cutting my hair, now I might keep it until spring.

Yo. Sponge finally came in. Used it this morning after applying the coconut oil. Bruh :wow: I was contemplating cutting my hair, now I might keep it until spring.
That thang magical. Been using mine ever since October and I don't plan on cutting my hair no time soon.

Which coconut oil are you using? Just want to know since it's so many.

Y'all barbershops don't have the prices posted on the wall?

Damn near every one I've been to has that.

This one didn't. I guess I was just used to going to my old shop and saying how much I owe you after the cut and them being like 12-15 depending on the barber that cut me that day. Either way lesson learned and I'll look for another shop.

Back
Top Bottom