Black guy hair cuts

Yo. Sponge finally came in. Used it this morning after applying the coconut oil. Bruh :wow: I was contemplating cutting my hair, now I might keep it until spring.
That thang magical. Been using mine ever since October and I don't plan on cutting my hair no time soon.

Which coconut oil are you using? Just want to know since it's so many.

k2-_fa36bb73-3e87-4d20-a520-0778f017b222.v1.jpg

Where y'all located that they charging 12-15 for a cut ?

The standard is 20 in my area

I'm in the South and never paid over 15 for a cut

My current barber does usually charge 18 but he knows me

That was the first barber I saw that did 18 tho

Seems to me there are three types of barbers

The hood shops, don't have to be located in the hood but ran by hood dudes or have a large number of hood clientele

The laid back shops that aren't necessarily hood but also not some super uptight ****

And then the more upper scale shops that are charging $20-$25+

Last edited:
Y'all barbershops don't have the prices posted on the wall?

Damn near every one I've been to has that.
the one my dad used to take me to when I was younger had set prices posted through out the shop

the shop I go to now doesn't have any fixed prices posted anywhere. I've been cutting my hair with the same barber since like 2008 now. I used to just pay him $16 back when I was dead broke and didn't have any facial hair. Got a cut every 2 weeks and then a line up every week. :x

Now that I have had a decent job and I have more facial hair, he always trims and lines up my beard. So now I always give him $20 when I see him, which is like every 3-4 weeks.

Yo. Sponge finally came in. Used it this morning after applying the coconut oil. Bruh :wow: I was contemplating cutting my hair, now I might keep it until spring.

Im doing the same, also growing out the beard until May. The coconut oil work similar to the curl milk?

It's hard when you're younger, but you have to remember that the barber isn't doing you a favor, you're a customer paying for a service. Can't go in not knowing what the price will be for that service, you're giving them the green light to charge whatever they want that way. I've seen too many dudes tricked into paying for a beard lineup they never agreed to

barbers gotta be 1099'd too now that I think about it, they rent that chair so each cat can charge whatever he want :lol: :smh:

That thang magical. Been using mine ever since October and I don't plan on cutting my hair no time soon.

Which coconut oil are you using? Just want to know since it's so many.

k2-_fa36bb73-3e87-4d20-a520-0778f017b222.v1.jpg
You're using the wrong kind.

Gotta opt for the unrefined.

I wish could pay 15 for a haircut. The standard here is 25 I'm Chicago btw. I know a couple places charge less but the quality not there. I was paying 15 like 8 years ago [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

My barber is raising from $20-$25 and going to appointments only. I already give him $25, he won't be getting a tip anymore.

Slightly off topic, but if you get razor bumps/ingrown hairs, cop some skin tight. First product I've used that actually works. It won't lighten existing marks but it will get rid of the bumps.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but if you get razor bumps/ingrown hairs, cop some skim right. First product I've used that actually works. It won't lighten existing marks but it will get rid of the bumps.
b

Appreciate it , got a link ? Or what store may be selling this ?

It is. And doing it everyday? :lol: not good at all.

Your hair isn't dirty if you don't shampoo it daily, man. It's okay. You're doing more harm than good by washing it daily

It is. And doing it everyday? :lol: not good at all.

Your hair isn't dirty if you don't shampoo it daily, man. It's okay. You're doing more harm than good by washing it daily
Word, y'all cats are being brainwashed by marketing.

Trust me, I use to be the same way.

H&S is liking dropping an atom bomb on your head w/ all the harsh chemicals in there.

I've been doing "no-poo" for months & my hair has never been healthier.

I have long hair to put things into perspective.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom