Black guy hair cuts

You guys need to get on this straight razor hype.

No Whal or Andis will ever come close to comparing.

Tendskin and moisturizer make razor bumps a none issue.

You use a straight razor on yourself? I always wanted to try

Yup for 2 years now.

I'd used an Andis T-Outliner for life. Was living overseas at one point and a faulty voltage converter fried my Andis.

Tried shaving with a standard Gillette or whatever and it was no bueno. Really irritated my skin.

Dominican barber told me straight razor and a decent astringent were the way to go. Haven't looked back since.

Yup for 2 years now.

I'd used an Andis T-Outliner for life. Was living overseas at one point and a faulty voltage converter fried my Andis.

Tried shaving with a standard Gillette or whatever and it was no bueno. Really irritated my skin.

Dominican barber told me straight razor and a decent astringent were the way to go. Haven't looked back since.
This is me almost to the T. Been t-liner shaving years but decided I wanted a closer shave. Copped a pack of straight razors, small bottle of green rubbing alcohol and bottle of after shave moisturizer. Zero bumps, the best shave you can give yourself, takes a little bit longer but its well worth it to keep my face bump free.

damn biotin got my nails growing like a mother.

beard seems stronger as well, cant quantify growth yet since its already pretty big

this is the best for preventing razor bumps and irritation.... been using it for years

What works for me is plucking out the ingrowns and then going over it with a toothbrush. Splash some tea tree aftershave on there and I'm good

damn biotin got my nails growing like a mother.
beard seems stronger as well, cant quantify growth yet since its already pretty big
Facts. Gotta cut my finger nails every week. Hair grows like a mother fer too. Beard grows quick as well. My hair has gotten longer as well. I've since stopped shaving and just growing out full facial hair.

Yup for 2 years now.

I was just in DR about a month ago and got a haircut and shave with a straight razor, and was nervous as **** like man I know these razor bumps gonna be vicious with a shave this close but I tried it anyway. Ended up having no issues whatsoever and I thought I just got lucky or something. Now you got me really thinking about coppin the straight razor and seeing what happens.

I copped a $150 Braun wet shaver a couple months ago trying to get a close shave and avoid the bumps and mighta caught one of the worse cases of razor bumps I've had in a minute :smh: Just been rocking with the goatee ever since. Might have to give the straight razor a try now

Wayment. So you're paying $32 per cut. 4 times a month? Thats $128. That's over $1500 on just haircuts fam. At those rates I woulda learned to cut my own hair a long time ago.
I was just in DR about a month ago and got a haircut and shave with a straight razor, and was nervous as **** like man I know these razor bumps gonna be vicious with a shave this close but I tried it anyway. Ended up having no issues whatsoever and I thought I just got lucky or something. Now you got me really thinking about coppin the straight razor and seeing what happens.

I copped a $150 Braun wet shaver a couple months ago trying to get a close shave and avoid the bumps and mighta caught one of the worse cases of razor bumps I've had in a minute :smh: Just been rocking with the goatee ever since. Might have to give the straight razor a try now

I'm in the military and didn't even learn how to shave before I joined. There were months of trial and error. Currently I use a safety razor and go with the grain. I use Bevel shaving products but any safety razor will work in my experience. I use the razor every other day. On odd days I use Wahl Super Close Shaver

to dry shave.

I'm in the military and didn't even learn how to shave before I joined. There were months of trial and error. Currently I use a safety razor and go with the grain. I use Bevel shaving products but any safety razor will work in my experience. I use the razor every other day. On odd days I use Wahl Super Close Shaver

to dry shave.

Noted. Yeah I guess my tolerance for the trial and error is a little low. The worst areas for bumps for me are right at the sides of my mouth and if **** goes wrong I end up walking around looking like I caught the herp, no bueno :smh:. If I get brave and I don't have any major events coming up I'm probably gonna give the razors another shot though, see if I can figure this out.

to dry shave.

I tell barbers not to use this on the back of neck when I get a skin fade. My neck looks like i got chicken pox and all the bumps end up turning white. So disgusting.

It takes months up to years to build up a immunity to those shavers/Gillette razors. Not worth it imo.

I might cop some Lectric Shave but $20 for that small bottle had me thinking twice.

For $20 you better be getting a gallon sized bottle of it :lol:

I'm gonna give the Profoil shaver to my brother and get myself a safety razor kit, I'm not giving this thing another chance. T-liners will.hold me over until then

Safety razor is where it's at. A year ago I use to use magic shave but I'll never go back

Back
Top Bottom