Black guy hair cuts

I feel you. I'm no where near where I'd like to be but I'm comfortable applying the clippers to my head now.

I cut my hair every week. I’ll post up a picture tomorrow after I’m through. I’ve been doing it on my own for roughly the past 10 years so I think I’m pretty straight with my methods.

You lit. If only I had started practicing sooner.
My boy in the vid I posted started cutting his/our hair in HS about 10 years ago too. If only I had followed in his footsteps. :smh:

Yo.

I think I look better with long hair, but as bad as this soudns, I get tired of having to pick/comb it out so much. I had the top around clipper guard 5-6, with the sides starting around 4mm and usually fading down to anything from 3.0 to 0.4mm (depended on my mood, I guess). I think I'm gonna rock with the Cormega/Nas fade for now, minus the part. I'm somewhat confident in cutting my hair after doing it for a while, but Iunno if I can do the parts without ruining everything.

mega-true-meaning-500x500.jpg

Felt the same way about my hair and maintenance so I went the French braid route out here looking like Pretty Boy Flacko with temp fade on the side.

D2DD3814-36D1-4E57-9450-196D490E6991.jpeg
Felt the same way about my hair and maintenance so I went the French braid route out here looking like Pretty Boy Flacko with temp fade on the side.

It’s been a few years now for me but after the first year or so I feel like I’ve stagnated.

Dexterity and familiarity only go so far, feel like I’m missing on technique.

My cuts don’t look bad but I feet like a trained eye could obviously tell it’s a self cut.
You're only as good as your tools. Get you the right tools b

Don't know how some of yall pay for cuts unless your hair grows slowly. Gave my self a fade less than a week ago and my ish grew back already :smh:

Don't know how some of yall pay for cuts unless your hair grows slowly. Gave my self a fade less than a week ago and my ish grew back already :smh:

I used to cut mine every week back when I cared more, but now it’s more like a full cut every 3 weeks with neck and shape up weekly.

Works wonders. Got it prescribed by my doc and have had no side effects to it.

I just tried putting the Jamaican black caster oil in my head after I got out the shower and it felt very sticky when I was rubbing it into my hair it's supposed to be like that? That's how you use it correct?

it says it's for daily use. i usually put it on before i leave the house. it's naturally thick and that's normal. i rub it into my palms and rub all into my hair. the excess i put into my mustache and brows.

This video was how I learned to fade. I use my wahl seniors with the lever closed to start instead of the 1 guard though

Gonna hit my barber today, haven't seen him since a few days before Christmas. :sick:

Don't know if I should go with this cut, or is it already played out? I have the same curly hair texture, but if my sides get trimmed too low my ears point out. :lol: :blush:

3-76.jpg

Yeah nothing wrong with that cut. My beard is pure struggle, but if I didn't have the Dak hairline, I'd go for it.

Yep. That’s the downside to rocking a fade. The cut lasts 4 days, max, before my hair starts to noticeably grow back. That’s the promary reason I’ve had to resort to cutting my hair once a week.

As far as the machine discussion, you need good clippers. Period. I don’t believe you can become skilled without the proper equipment. As for me, I use Andis Masters, Andis Fade Masters, and the Andis T outliner.

Lately I’ve been considered buying one of the modified T outliners from eBay that I’ve heard a few barbers swear by.

I got my cut yesterday and chose to go with a two dark up top with a fade all around. Got the beard to tie it all together.

Back
Top Bottom