Black guy hair cuts

Grow it out and just get the DS5. Maintain that for as long as you want then come home if hair gets worse

I've had the wahl seniors for years but lately I've been thinking about getting the andis masters. Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Both are great clippers in their own right but masters are on another level. Just takes some getting used to it’s heavy and has a notch lever. You can’t go wrong grabbing a pair.

Man if I ever see a dude with a visible man-weave or see it slide off, I'm gonna have to clown them for that. Just grow up a go home.
Yea fam I couldn't rock with that either but from what I'm told they don't come off very easily they last for about 2 weeks I know somebody who does them at a few barber shops out here..

Gonna hit my barber today, haven't seen him since a few days before Christmas. :sick:

Don't know if I should go with this cut, or is it already played out? I have the same curly hair texture, but if my sides get trimmed too low my ears point out. :lol: :blush:

3-76.jpg
Went back to the barber last week and asked for this same cut, the hose loved it. :pimp:

My guy ain't tryna budge on that price increase, so it will be $25 from now moving forward. :smh:

You guys got a recommendation for a beard trimmer? I don’t have a full beard and I keep it around a 2 or 3 at the most. I don’t need anything too crazy just something to trim and keep the edges straight... I’m not black, if it matters :lol:

Been growing my hair out for like 4 years now think I might cut it soon though. It gets annoying dealing with it. Showers take way too long and brushing is annoying

Does minoxidil work for the hairline? Always thought it was for the crown.
Never tried it myself but I’ve seen a couple videos on YouTube from dudes showing that it actually works on the entire head. The tape lines seem to be the most difficult to grow back.

You guys got a recommendation for a beard trimmer? I don’t have a full beard and I keep it around a 2 or 3 at the most. I don’t need anything too crazy just something to trim and keep the edges straight... I’m not black, if it matters :lol:

Been growing my hair out for like 4 years now think I might cut it soon though. It gets annoying dealing with it. Showers take way too long and brushing is annoying
If your just trimming your beard and not doing a full line up then just about any cheap edger with a guide should work.

Andis T outliner

Biting the bullet and getting the Andis Master today for crisper fades. Think it's time to retire the Wahl Seniors.

I feel like the price difference makes the masters superior

My fellow black men, is having a clean haircut a thing of the past?

It’s like everyone uses nudred nowadays. I cut my own hair and I love having a clean fade and waves at all times. Nowadays everyone likes that “sideshow Bob” look...

The only thing I use in my hair is ProLine comb through and every now and then depending how on the height of my hair, I sleep with a durag on. My hair is very fluffy and grows straight. So when it’s at a certain height, my hair would look like Deron Williams hair (very wavy/s-curl like).

6EAB0273-FC79-4E6E-86F6-F2991B592358.jpeg
B8D429F3-F310-4468-B880-C5E77BC5C14D.jpeg
FB3FA37B-A6C9-4D75-B569-F1D2755EBD24.jpeg

A clean edge up is a must IMO. Haircut, not so much.

Had thoughts of going bald just to avoid paying for haircuts(I'm naturally cheap) but don't want to have to use a razor to constantly keep the bald look and more than likely still go to the barber to do it for me.

Also wonder what it'll be like if my hair growth slowed down significantly, but don't want that either.

Having flexibility is cool.

Last edited:
Too me waves are just boring. I had them all the time when I was a kid, going to teenage years. And I never cared for breads. Longer hair just gives more versatility and ***** to do with it

Reactions: MVP
I'm back and fourth with my haircuts.. I'm always undecided on what I want but I usually go back and forth between a low wave length usher cut or the chris webber/paul george temp fade...
Capture+_2018-03-22-09-50-24.png

Or
IMG_20180322_224855.jpg

Capture+_2018-03-17-20-13-18.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom