Black guy hair cuts

For all the brothas having shave bumps I suggest you shave in the shower. That steam helps open your pores. Also shave with only a single or twin blade. Anything higher and you will cut under the surface of your skin which will cause irritation.

Lastly buy you some clipper spray and hit your razor with it every few times you shave.

I tried bump off and bump patrol but ever since I did what was listed above I haven't seen any razor bumps.

I was really trying to go for dreads. Now, I don't know.

This buzz cut is cool, but it's pissing me off.
What's hindering you from going for locs? I was going for them as well but recently cut my hair and regretted it..smh...

I expressed the stigma it carries.

Wouldn't really care if I'm behind on a trend again, but more so the being Nigerian thing is a tough thing to shake.

Got the Travis joints right now, don't know how long I'm gonna keep em. I look like Young M.A. with these things :lol:

Been contemplating cutting my hair but I know when I do it I'll regret it instantly :smh:

Last edited:
Decided I’m gonna let my hair grow into the Leonard Williams

Leonard-Williams.jpg

For all the brothas having shave bumps I suggest you shave in the shower. That steam helps open your pores. Also shave with only a single or twin blade. Anything higher and you will cut under the surface of your skin which will cause irritation.

Lastly buy you some clipper spray and hit your razor with it every few times you shave.

I tried bump off and bump patrol but ever since I did what was listed above I haven't seen any razor bumps.
Have you tried Tend Skin or Neosporin on the bumps. An older black guy told me about trying Neosporin on razor bumps, he saw them on the back of my neck. They weren't to far along so it helped and they went away.

Also let your hair grow for a minute and then cut them to give the pores a chance to heal. Otherwise you are cutting a scab over and over, possibly getting infected.

Currently wolfin right now, building waves. I guess it is a location thing because we call it all even instead of a Ceasar.

In sort of a dilemma

Noticed recently my waves have been starting to overlap my hairline, especially in the corners.

I can’t get that nice sharp corner like I used to, and I was considering just cutting into the corner but I’m kind of afraid to cut into the new wave that has formed over the line.

Thinking about just going into the shop, but I know it’ll just happen again.

Should I cut the corner sharp? Or leave it as is with the new growth?

Help me brethren. I’m not trying to take this L
I believe your barber will need to comb that one corner and cut it while your hair is still in the comb.

My barber / cousin got DJ a couple days ago

Good hair having MOFO. :lol:

30 a cut? Man needs to give YOU a Christmas present :lol:

Son is fleecing you
I hate to speak up but I pay $30 and still slide a $10 or $15 for Christmas. I don't feel like I am getting fleeced since I am willingly giving him the tip. Headed to the barber today after work.

8B4BF09D-71D8-4A1E-A395-E4E59B4414A2.jpeg
Went ahead and copped the Torino joint. See what y’all talking about

Damn I just stumbled across these since I am finally getting on the wave wave. I have had a 1 all over since junior year in high school. I have like 6 different brushes, I have 2 in the house 2 in each car. I prefer the ones without the handle.
Andis Slimline Pro
Mother in law bought me a set for my goatee 3 years ago. However I decided to grow a beard two years ago and no longer use them.

I try to tell people in these wave groups that they don't need these overpriced products, but they shoot that down every time. Dudes buying $30 moisturizer & $30 butter from a famous Wave YouTuber and justifying it by saying "support black owned businesses" or "it's just $30, it's not hurting my pockets".

Hell I mostly use Dollar Tree products and I think my waves are pretty good. Now I do go crazy with the amount of durags I own, but that's just because I like to rock different colors on different days.
I have to disagree man, I have hair that would just not cooperate. I brushed with a hard bristle Torino brush and my hair was just sitting on top of my hair. I switched to a medium still no change, soft, no change. I put some moisturizer, waited, hot towel on my hair and then a wave promenade. SNAP. Waves, just focusing on some problem areas that I overlook because I can't see them immediately.

Will probably dye the tips on my dreads blonde when it warms up. I keep them braided(only 2-3 years) and wanna switch it up a lil for the summer.

Is that a Texas thing? I was in Houston awhile back and a ton of dudes had the blonde tips on the locks/braids

Also, I don’t think it’s a bad look. Just haven’t seen it anywhere else

Last edited:
Is that a Texas thing? I was in Houston awhile back and a ton of dudes had the blonde tips on the locks/braids

Also, I don’t think it’s a bad look. Just haven’t seen it anywhere else
Locks or not seems all the younger guys have dyed hair here in DC area.

Stop through the barber today, just ain't feel like giving as much tip. I gave him $5 instead of the usual $10.

Back
Top Bottom