Black guy hair cuts

Time to let it go bruh

Nah **** that.

images.jpeg.jpg

I think someone told him he was down 3-1 and made the comeback.
Get back to what level?

His sht on life support.

Lmao you a hater.

It comes down to you and your lifestyle really.

If you can make it past the first couple years, the benefits of locs are unlimited.

Unless you have soft/fine hair or want your locs to be cornrow/braids neat the early stage is the most overstated thing aside from can't get a job/career with locs rhetoric.

Waiting for your hair to get a certain length is a lil annoying....then boom it gets to the point where it's long enough to be heavy and in the way. :lol::smh:

For all the fellas in here with locs which method did you guys use to start them? Are they thick or the thin one's? I'm leaning towards getting mine thick because I love the look of them. Probably semi freeform them as well..

Thickness is relative you talking gun play/florida thick or what? Texture/thickness of your hair and size of your head will determine things...unless you want like 15 locs.

You should talk to an actual loctician and let them get you started.

Unless you have soft/fine hair or want your locs to be cornrow/braids neat the early stage is the most overstated thing aside from can't get a job/career with locs rhetoric.

Waiting for your hair to get a certain length is a lil annoying....then boom it gets to the point where it's long enough to be heavy and in the way. :lol::smh:

Thickness is relative you talking gun play/florida thick or what? Texture/thickness of your hair and size of your head will determine things...unless you want like 15 locs.

You should talk to an actual loctician and let them get you started.
Appreciate the response..Not sure how thick I want them just yet but I definitely know a few people I can get to do them. I'll be starting them soon...

I recommend going to an actual pro who specializes in locs not just someone who does locs/retwists at the beginning that can give you actual insight/advice based on your hair, use the right products so you minimize build up etc. illmatic kid illmatic kid

I recommend going to an actual pro who specializes in locs not just someone who does locs/retwists at the beginning that can give you actual insight/advice based on your hair, use the right products so you minimize build up etc. illmatic kid illmatic kid
Sorry about the delay in response but I appreciate the valuable info my man..

How long you been growin ya joints?

I put my hair in two strand twists right before July 4th last year. So a little over 9 months.

I'm honestly content with this length, one thing I never thought about though is the fact that I can't fit any of my fitted's anymore and idk if I should waste the bread to buy more.

Just got back from the shop after self cutting for the past year. I’m bout to go ahead and just fork over the $45 because my barbers drop fade/blowouts are way better than mine and he’s done in 20 mins vs me fooling around for a hour. Bout to tell him leave my line alone since he lowkey pushed me back and hit my temples with the spray when I don’t need it. He said 2 weeks but I’m thinking a month since I want my line to grow back in.

Just got back from the shop after self cutting for the past year. I’m bout to go ahead and just fork over the $45 because my barbers drop fade/blowouts are way better than mine and he’s done in 20 mins vs me fooling around for a hour. Bout to tell him leave my line alone since he lowkey pushed me back and hit my temples with the spray when I don’t need it. He said 2 weeks but I’m thinking a month since I want my line to grow back in.

Hate that. First thing I say now after saying the cut I want is leave my line alone

i have to learn how to line myu whole beard without ruining it, then further trying to fix it and further ruining it. I dont like my natural beard line because it hits too high, comes in above my mustache and I like it to hit below the mustache so it looks like a goatee then connected by beard straps, like most people's does . I tried to use a cut buddy but it didnt seem to help much, like was still all jagged

i have to learn how to line myu whole beard without ruining it, then further trying to fix it and further ruining it. I dont like my natural beard line because it hits too high, comes in above my mustache and I like it to hit below the mustache so it looks like a goatee then connected by beard straps, like most people's does . I tried to use a cut buddy but it didnt seem to help much, like was still all jagged
Honestly just go to the barber one time for the beard trim and follow their pattern for when the hairs start to grow back. Should be like $10 max since a lineup+beard is usually $20.

Im mixed (black/white) and letting my hair grow for the first time. I got a low cut on 12/29 and have only been back in late Feb for a shape up, so almost 4 full months of growth. I don’t even know what my goal is for my hair yet

Sadly I’m just now learning how to take care of my hair. Been washing it daily for my whole life (i know), so currently in my first week of trying to only wash it once/week. Ive been using shea moisture products for a few years now. Got myself a pick and a sponge

I have an appt with my barber in the morning and idek what Im gonna tell him to do lmao. I just need something since im stepping out tomorrow. Im just bout to have an afro

Let me add a question to this: When I go to my barber in the morning, should I wash it, condition, pick it out? Ive see varying answers on combos of all 3

Last edited:
The twist it up comb racket is better than the sponge. My barber hit my head with one and it makes the curls look way better.

I’m glad you posted this. I just finally ordered me one. I’ve been procrastinating for the longest. I remember seeing dude on shark tank. I’m happy to support a brotha.

I’m glad you posted this. I just finally ordered me one. I’ve been procrastinating for the longest. I remember seeing dude on shark tank. I’m happy to support a brotha.
Its not a gimmick, really works. Black hair is tough and it puts the coils in the hair, fooling with the sponge you’ll have little pieces of it breaking off in your hair.

The sponge breaks down after a while, absorbs moisture from your hair, and holds dirt.

Also depending on your hair length and type it doesn’t work that well. I know for me when my fro was short it worked well but once I got any type of length it didn’t produce the same results.

My barber said he doesn’t work Saturday anymore. These guys really out here flourishing from taxing us :lol: :smh:

I’ve been working remotely so I can go to the shop at odd times but if I go back on a normal schedule what type of ish is that. Saturday was the “money” day I thought.

My barber said he doesn’t work Saturday anymore. These guys really out here flourishing from taxing us :lol: :smh:

I’ve been working remotely so I can go to the shop at odd times but if I go back on a normal schedule what type of ish is that. Saturday was the “money” day I thought.

Think of how much bread a barber making if he can cut out the most busy day for haircuts each week.

Im white and most of my life I've gotten just the military cut lol. I got a mid skin fade last time, and kept some hair on top. Any suggestions? Lol I want to have a crisp cut.

Back
Top Bottom