Black guy hair cuts

Barbers do yall recommend using Andis Cool Care Plus?

I cut my sons hair but I also take them to the barber a few times a year and I was wondering exactly what the spray was for

100% recommend. I apply it before and after each cut while the clipper is running. After the cut I brush off any obvious hair from the clipper, then turn it on and spray a light mist (1-2 seconds max) and let the clipper run while opening and closing the lever to loosen any hair that has gotten between the moving (cutting) and stationary blades, let it run for 5 seconds or so, then set it aside to allow it to disinfect for a couple minutes before putting everything away so the blades are clean and protected from developing rust. When it's time for the next cut, I repeat the process to clean and lubricate the blades. Since I only cut me and my son every 3 weeks, I buy the smaller black and gold cans and each one will last about a year.

Seems like it does, but the "lubricant" is less important because you'd still be oiling it seperately anyways.

If you aren't cutting a bunch of clients, you don't need to oil it very often. I usually like to oil my clipper if I'm going to put it away and not use it for a few weeks, but the trimmers I use 2-3 times a week just get brushed off after each use, sprayed with Cool Care once a week, and oiled once a month.

What clippers do you use?

Think its time for me to upgrade from the Andis Envy to the Andis Fade Masters
Cordless Envy or nah? I’ve got a cordless Wahl Legend sitting here I can send you if you’re interested. Have to see if I’ve got an extra set of guards though.

Cordless Envy or nah? I’ve got a cordless Wahl Legend sitting here I can send you if you’re interested. Have to see if I’ve got an extra set of guards though.
I have the Corded envy…they aren’t the best for blending
Appreciate the offer haven’t used Wahl in a long time

Just going to go ahead and buy the masters because my oldest is rockin his waves now and I gotta make sure his fade is exceptionally fresh lol

That gold Babyliss Pro trimmer is fire. Expensive, but reliable

Took this pic of my oldest when I was cutting his hair
😵‍💫
IMG_5544.jpeg

How do y'all go about finding a barber in a new city?

I've had my locks for almost 15 years...I think it's about that time :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom