Black guy hair cuts

What kinda cut is trey even supposed to have up there? Can't even call it.

really?

drop fade, low fade, mid fade

call it want you want thats what he got

This is exactly why the question gets asked in the first place. :lol:

Some of y'all be actin shocked when dudes ask the name of a specific fade or taper like dudes should just know, then give a handful of vaguely similar names, then say call it when you want, then the next dude comes and says, "nah that's just a standard ___," then the next dude says just show your barber a picture of exactly what you want, and the next dude after that will come and say never show a picture, just tell ya barber exactly what you want, and we end up back at square one. :lol:

Last edited:

Some of y'all be actin shocked when dudes ask the name of a specific fade or taper like dudes should just know, then give a handful of vaguely similar names, then say call it when you want, then the next dude comes and says, "nah that's just a standard ___," then the next dude says just show your barber a picture of exactly what you want, and the next dude after that will come and say never show a picture, just tell ya barber exactly what you want, and we end up back at square one. :lol:

my bad some of you live in the sticks

when i go to the barber tomorrow for example i say gimme a mid fade, even if i said drop fade he would still know the deal.....even if i said low fade he still gonna talk to me about where i want him to start the blend at.

if you need to show a barber a pic who isnt up on the latest styles makes perfect sense. screen shot a IG pic an hope he gets it right........if not maybe give him one more shot after that go to a new barber/spot

i honestly feel bad for you guys if goin to a barber is this difficult, hack jobs, hair lines etc, in this day an age of social media and youtube should be no excuse, maybe some of these dudes should invest in going to a barber seminar by the good guys in the industry

Last edited:
Got nothing to do with living in the sticks bruh. :lol:

Dude asked a question and I don't think you really know the answer.

Got nothing to do with living in the sticks bruh. :lol:

Dude asked a question and I don't think you really know the answer.

I ANSWERED THE QUESTION

mid fade, drop fade or low fade

if you want one answer to avoid confusion say mid fade. i fail to see whats so funny?

i dont know the answer yet i wear the style? yea ok

another example

temp and taper............2 diff words but barbers i know, know what to do

if you dont wanna be a lame an ask for south of france, say burst fade or faux hawk

there are multiple names for cuts sheesh

Last edited:
Its really not even that serious bruh :lol: Audi doing the most as usual. Wasn't asking about the cut for myself just wanted to know what was going on in the back.

its not even at you

its at ICE

i mean damn i answered the question

final answer

MID FADE

Oh ok cool my mistake but that only proves my point. I had no idea those were all the sane thing and when you said call it what you want I didn't even think you were giving a serious answer. Point is terminology is not common knowledge most people have been rockin the same one or two cuts their whole life.

Just wish there was a lil more originality but then again how many different hairstyles are there out there

i mean this is what it all comes down too, so when a new cut catches on..............EVERYBODY on it

like most things in life

To the dudes that started the south of france from a low cut what did you do until the middle got long? Continue brushing or just let that joint rock?

To the dudes that started the south of france from a low cut what did you do until the middle got long? Continue brushing or just let that joint rock?

when i had it..

.rock out, youll look like a damn fool when its low and your hair all proper with the sides done.........go for that short nap look as it grows its gets better an better obviously

if your hair grows slow its not fun

The names of a certain cut can also vary by location and "slang" within your city or state.

If you're really having a difficult time finding the name of a cut, just tell the barber exactly how low you want the overall cut and how high you want the actual fade.

Example: "Just give me a dark caesar, and fade out the sides."
Of course, barbers might interpret it differently but don't be afraid to tell them how you want it.

Something to keep in mind about Trey's haircut is that he probably had it dyed before/after the cut. Dying your hair will leave a fuller kind of look even though the cut is pretty low.

I used BIGEN before a lot of my cuts back in the day.

EDIT: Also some of you guys might have to chalk it up the fact that you have AVERAGE barbers. That's probably one of the reasons why many people aren't too satisfied with their haircuts.

Last edited:
No matter what dudes on here say, taking a picture with you to the shop will solve a lot of problems.

Man, taking a pic to the barber just doesn't feel right lol. But I started doing it... And it eliminates the confusion.

My barber posts some of his cuts on IG, so I just screenshot a pic of a cut he's done that's clean, and I take it to him.

When I had that big Sean fade with the part last year, I showed my Barber the pic on my phone and he did the damn thing. Been cutting my own hair since then but once I grow out the curls for the fade I'm going back to the chair.

I don't know if anyone has been on NT since the Yuku days, but I still get the same $7 cuts from Korean ladies that I used to complain about, it's a new one in town though that's nice with it so I got the temp fade last time and that's been my look since. I don't like it when it's fresh but like 2 days later which it's kinda ashy and darkening back in until I get it cut again phase looks nice on me with the curls on top and longer length. I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time this weekend in Arkansas too. It's alright, not something I'd consistently pay $10 for though. I ain't go all thin line Ninjahood or nothing, just told her edge them up since they are kind of bushy

Back
Top Bottom