Black guy hair cuts

I thought about getting my eyebrows done once I realized I had a faint uni-brow. I'd have to get a lady to do it though, I wouldn't feel comfortable with my barber that close to me. :lol:

So I go up to one of the ladies at the salon and ask if they can dread my hair haha and I've gotten twists before, how much different if the process

I thought about getting my eyebrows done once I realized I had a faint uni-brow. I'd have to get a lady to do it though, I wouldn't feel comfortable with my barber that close to me. :lol:

I went to a new barber bc mine was out of town and he cuts a few NBA guys and is well liked, while I'm getting he cut he just slides the clippers along my eyebrows and I didn't even have time to react to say what is going on :\

I don't have a unibrow or hairy eyebrows but dude just trimmed them and scared me :lol:, luckily it looked alright and nobody could tell the difference besides my wife of course

So I go up to one of the ladies at the salon and ask if they can dread my hair haha and I've gotten twists before, how much different if the process

Its the same process fam, it's just all about if you wanna start with normal twists, braids or back combing. I feel like braids make the nappiest dreads, and back combing makes the 2nd most nappiest looking but they lock faster with this method. I did normal twisting cuz it looks cleaner than those other two methods. Bruhs, do yoself a favor and go to a real black woman that does hair not no asian spot or other to get dreads. You only have to get them done really on point the first time and then after that you can go to anybody to retwist. Don't get em too skinny cuz they'll fall out yo head if pulled hard enough.

I used to get em twisted every 2-3 weeks, lined every week and a half to 2 weeks. Braided maybe once a month. You don't wanna braid too much yo hairline gon get pulled back and you gon have a forehead like Ty $

Last edited:
My bad bad lol I meant like do a shadow fade cut makes the waves on top appear more verus getting a number 2 cut? Idk if im making sense to yall lol

My bad bad lol I meant like do a shadow fade cut makes the waves on top appear more verus getting a number 2 cut? Idk if im making sense to yall lol

Well a 2 guard isn't going to cut as low as a shadow fade. There are different variations for a shadow fade but (and I think this is what you mean) the shadow fade generally leaves the sides lighter (typically a no guard cut that gradually blends to the top) compared to a 2 on the side making the top of your hair stand out more.

I don't know if anyone has been on NT since the Yuku days, but I still get the same $7 cuts from Korean ladies that I used to complain about, it's a new one in town though that's nice with it so I got the temp fade last time and that's been my look since. I don't like it when it's fresh but like 2 days later which it's kinda ashy and darkening back in until I get it cut again phase looks nice on me with the curls on top and longer length. I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time this weekend in Arkansas too. It's alright, not something I'd consistently pay $10 for though. I ain't go all thin line Ninjahood or nothing, just told her edge them up since they are kind of bushy

http://niketalk.com/t/192468/nt-help-me-save-my-haircut-vol-too-late-pics-boosie-with-the-save

Gonna go back to the barber this week, can't taper myself properly. It looks decent but lacks that proper gradual increase. Curls on top are getting hella long too so I'll get those shortened as well

I got it threaded by one of those Pakistani ladies in the mall.
I don't know if anyone has been on NT since the Yuku days, but I still get the same $7 cuts from Korean ladies that I used to complain about, it's a new one in town though that's nice with it so I got the temp fade last time and that's been my look since. I don't like it when it's fresh but like 2 days later which it's kinda ashy and darkening back in until I get it cut again phase looks nice on me with the curls on top and longer length. I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time this weekend in Arkansas too. It's alright, not something I'd consistently pay $10 for though. I ain't go all thin line Ninjahood or nothing, just told her edge them up since they are kind of bushy

http://niketalk.com/t/192468/nt-help-me-save-my-haircut-vol-too-late-pics-boosie-with-the-save
South of Nevada

Back
Top Bottom