Black guy hair cuts

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

!@%%@$ in here talking about gettin conks.
Lawd help us....

roll.gif
But really doe, if you already got the job, what are you guys worried about? They can't fire you for a hairstyle, thats an easy disctimination case.
some of us like promotions and things like that tho.......

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

!@%%@$ in here talking about gettin conks.
Lawd help us....

roll.gif
But really doe, if you already got the job, what are you guys worried about? They can't fire you for a hairstyle, thats an easy disctimination case.

At this point, if you're doing your job and networking like you're supposed to, it won't be an issue. They will already know your character and you work should be speaking for you.

Originally Posted by SpaceLemonkush

do you guys who grow fro's use any grease?  i don't like that stuff and rather just wash hair
lolwat?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real. That makes no sense, you would wash whether you use it or not

Honestly, if you want to know what to do with your FRO you "Minus whale" go to a females natural hair website.

Google Search "Curly Nikki."

I want dreads, but don't want to go through the years of nasty twisty looking %$+#% it takes to get to that point. If I could just wake up tomorrow and have + shoulder lengths, I'd be all about it though.

I've mean meaning to ask a bunch of Black people from the South, Why do you guys want or grow out dreads so bad?

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I've mean meaning to ask a bunch of Black people from the South, Why do you guys want or grow out dreads so bad?

i'm sure someone doesn't have to be from the south to answer this question, but for me it was something different or maybe just a trend

roll.gif

At this point, if you're doing your job and networking like you're supposed to, it won't be an issue. They will already know your character and you work should be speaking for you.
Don't believe this %*%$. Image is still an extremely important part of the package, and this is still a White Man's world whether you want to admit it or not, and for the most part they hate that dread %*%$ in a professional setting. Now if you working in a warehouse knock yourself out, and get a neck tattoo while you are at it. #@$% trying to make a statement, it's overrated.

I live in the south. When I had dreads, I started because I just wanted long hair. And didnt want to constantly braid it. It wasnt about "trends" or anything like that.

Not from the south but I always wanted try out dreads. 
Had dreads for about 6 years and got tired of them and now I just rock with a caesar.
Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Don't believe this %*%$. Image is still an extremely important part of the package, and this is still a White Man's world whether you want to admit it or not, and for the most part they hate that dread %*%$ in a professional setting. Now if you working in a warehouse knock yourself out, and get a neck tattoo while you are at it. #@$% trying to make a statement, it's overrated.
You just moved Houston, you going to learn that its not as much of a "white man's world" as you think. There are a lot of successful black people here, dreads, tattoos and all.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, I know what I'm doing and what I've done.

Back
Top Bottom