BLACK HISTORY MONTH THREAD

Black history month symbolizes the mockery of our culture to even suggest it could be limited into a single month. Labeling Feb. a 'black history month' is merely an acknowledged representation of years and years and years of cultural suppression of the millions of blacks who were dragged into the economic, political, and societal hell, known as America.

The Era of Capitalism-Imperialism is over. All the problems Africa and other "3rd world" countries have now are the DIRECT product of this system of exploitation.

I have no interest in getting a job in a broken, flawed, heinous institution, whose only pursuit is found in the pocket. My life has higher meaning and my people deserve better living conditions.
The accomplishments are fine. That's wonderful. As Americans, we should be proud of achievements made by other Americans. What does being black have to do with it? It's in the past, let it go and move on. Besides, none of the wrongs were done to you. People are screwed up and living in the past. Once they let this color barrier thing go, all of us might live more peaceful. It's too bad I won't be around in a couple hundred years when our brains evolve and get past this ignorance.

Get out of here with optimistic apologetic tones. The facts are in front of your face. You and the Americans before you have never had true equality. Develop your understanding of history before you talk aimlessly. Race is a barrier but we can't just act like that barrier was never there. That is the antithesis to the problem, even though it's the upcoming solution to your own personal safety and comfort.

A man named Francis Bok was the guest speaker at my university last week.He was a child slave from S.Sudan. Sudan has just made a move for independence! Francis was at my school seeking fighters and teachers. We can't allow these capitalist pigs to invest their money and corruption in our homeland which is calling for nourishment, development, and attention.

Black history month symbolizes the mockery of our culture to even suggest it could be limited into a single month. Labeling Feb. a 'black history month' is merely an acknowledged representation of years and years and years of cultural suppression of the millions of blacks who were dragged into the economic, political, and societal hell, known as America.

The Era of Capitalism-Imperialism is over. All the problems Africa and other "3rd world" countries have now are the DIRECT product of this system of exploitation.

I have no interest in getting a job in a broken, flawed, heinous institution, whose only pursuit is found in the pocket. My life has higher meaning and my people deserve better living conditions.
The accomplishments are fine. That's wonderful. As Americans, we should be proud of achievements made by other Americans. What does being black have to do with it? It's in the past, let it go and move on. Besides, none of the wrongs were done to you. People are screwed up and living in the past. Once they let this color barrier thing go, all of us might live more peaceful. It's too bad I won't be around in a couple hundred years when our brains evolve and get past this ignorance.

Get out of here with optimistic apologetic tones. The facts are in front of your face. You and the Americans before you have never had true equality. Develop your understanding of history before you talk aimlessly. Race is a barrier but we can't just act like that barrier was never there. That is the antithesis to the problem, even though it's the upcoming solution to your own personal safety and comfort.

A man named Francis Bok was the guest speaker at my university last week.He was a child slave from S.Sudan. Sudan has just made a move for independence! Francis was at my school seeking fighters and teachers. We can't allow these capitalist pigs to invest their money and corruption in our homeland which is calling for nourishment, development, and attention.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Care to elaborate on what is "ignorant" or who said we were "unequal"?  Who said we aren't proud of achievements made by other Americans? 

Your thought process and logic is awful.  Awfully stupid. 

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Care to elaborate on what is "ignorant" or who said we were "unequal"?  Who said we aren't proud of achievements made by other Americans? 

Your thought process and logic is awful.  Awfully stupid. 

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

i agree sorta, refer to where i said this country is great because of black people

i cannot argue with this at all. The lingering effects of European imperialism on Africa are profound.

i agree sorta, refer to where i said this country is great because of black people

i cannot argue with this at all. The lingering effects of European imperialism on Africa are profound.

my people? please... means that if you're not black you're not part of YOUR people?? get over yourself. just cause you black doesnt make you special.

and because africa is poor, you think it is the fault of capitalism? you should tell them to stop killing each other.. africans killing other africans just cause they are a different tribe.

but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?

just like the blacks that wouldnt vote for obama if his wife was white.. and your president is just as much white as he is black.

my people? please... means that if you're not black you're not part of YOUR people?? get over yourself. just cause you black doesnt make you special.

and because africa is poor, you think it is the fault of capitalism? you should tell them to stop killing each other.. africans killing other africans just cause they are a different tribe.

but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?

just like the blacks that wouldnt vote for obama if his wife was white.. and your president is just as much white as he is black.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]
I ask you this: 
Which way to go? 
I ask you this: 
Which sin to bear? 
Which crown to put 
Upon my hair? 
I do not know, 
Lord God, 
I do not know.
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td] 
She stands 
In the quiet darkness, 
This troubled woman, 
Bowed by weariness and pain, 
Like an 
Autumn flower 
In the frozen rain. 
Like a wind-blown autumn flower 
That never lifts its head 
Again. 

[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
Hughes2.JPG
[/td][td]My soul 
Empty as the silence, 
Empty with a vague, 
Aching emptiness 
Desiring, 
Needing someone 
Something ......
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
We have tomorrow,
Bright before us

Like a flame.

Yesterday, a night-gone thing 
A sun-down name.

And dawn today 
Broad arch above the road we came. 
We march!

[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
Hughes3.JPG
[/td][td]The calm, 
Cool face of the river 
Asked me for a kiss. 
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]Oh, wash-woman, 
Arms elbow-deep in white suds, 
Soul washed clean, 
Clothes washed clean, 
I have many songs to sing to you; 
Could I but find the words ......
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td] 
I know very little to tell you about the Blues.  They always impressed me as being very sad, sadder even than the spirituals because their sadness is not softened with tears but hardened with laughter, the absurd, incongruous laughter of a sadness without even a god to appeal to.  In the Gulf Coast Blues one can feel the cold northern snows, the memory of the melancholy mists of the Louisiana low-lands, the shack that is home, the worthless lovers with hands full of gimme, mouths full of much oblige, the eternal unsatisfied longings.  There seems to be a monotonous melancholy, an animal sadness running through all Negro jazz that is almost terrible at times ........
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
I , too, sing America. 
I am the darker brother. 
They send me to eat in the kitchen 
When company comes, 
But I laugh, 
And eat well, 
And grow strong.

Tomorrow, 
I'll sit at the table 
When company comes. 
Nobody'll dare 
Say to me, 
"Eat in the kitchen," 
Then.

Besides, 
They'll see how beautiful I am 
And be ashamed, ----

I, too, am America. 

[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
This is a song for the genius child. 
Sing it softly, for the song is wild. 
Sing it softly as ever you can --- 
Lest the song get out of hand.

Nobody loves a genius child.

Can you love an eagle, 
Tame or wild?

Wild or tame, 
Can you love a monster 
Of frightening name?

Kill him - and let his soul run wild
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
Let America be America again. 
Let it be the dream it used to be. 
Let it be the pioneer on the plain 
Seeking a home where he himself is free.

(America never was America to me.)

Let America be the dream the dreamers dreamed - 
Let it be that great strong land of love 
Where never kings connive nor tyrants scheme 
That any man be crushed by one above.

(It never was America to me.)

O, let my land be a land where Liberty 
Is crowned with no false patriotic wreath, 
But opportunity is real, and life is free, 
Equality is in the air we breathe.

(There's never been equality for me, 
Nor freedom in this "homeland of the free.")

Say who are you that mumbles in the dark? 
And who are you that draws your veil across the stars?

I am the poor white, fooled and pushed apart, 
I am the Negro bearing slavery's scars. 
I am the red man driven from the land, 
I am the immigrant ....

[/td][/tr][/table]
Hughes4.JPG

One of my favorite poets -- black, or otherwise...​

It's not about celebrating being black.  I don't need a celebration for that.   It's about celebrating the accomplishments of African American's because history has been skewed and portrayed with a Euro-centric bias.  Without the acknowledgement of these accomplishments, most people would think the only thing that took place in Black history is that they were slaves.  
It's all good that you wanna talk this "As Americans" talk, because idealistically speaking, I agree with you.  We ARE all the same in my eyes.  But you're ignoring the fact that, that is not really how things are, especially in the history books.  And furthermore, sweeping things under the rug and pretending like they don't exist is not going to make us live more peacefully 
laugh.gif
.  What do you think we've BEEN doing?  More truth and honesty is required...and then there wouldn't be a need for a "Black History Month."

[table][tr][td]
I ask you this: 
Which way to go? 
I ask you this: 
Which sin to bear? 
Which crown to put 
Upon my hair? 
I do not know, 
Lord God, 
I do not know.
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td] 
She stands 
In the quiet darkness, 
This troubled woman, 
Bowed by weariness and pain, 
Like an 
Autumn flower 
In the frozen rain. 
Like a wind-blown autumn flower 
That never lifts its head 
Again. 

[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
Hughes2.JPG
[/td][td]My soul 
Empty as the silence, 
Empty with a vague, 
Aching emptiness 
Desiring, 
Needing someone 
Something ......
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
We have tomorrow,
Bright before us

Like a flame.

Yesterday, a night-gone thing 
A sun-down name.

And dawn today 
Broad arch above the road we came. 
We march!

[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
Hughes3.JPG
[/td][td]The calm, 
Cool face of the river 
Asked me for a kiss. 
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]Oh, wash-woman, 
Arms elbow-deep in white suds, 
Soul washed clean, 
Clothes washed clean, 
I have many songs to sing to you; 
Could I but find the words ......
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td] 
I know very little to tell you about the Blues.  They always impressed me as being very sad, sadder even than the spirituals because their sadness is not softened with tears but hardened with laughter, the absurd, incongruous laughter of a sadness without even a god to appeal to.  In the Gulf Coast Blues one can feel the cold northern snows, the memory of the melancholy mists of the Louisiana low-lands, the shack that is home, the worthless lovers with hands full of gimme, mouths full of much oblige, the eternal unsatisfied longings.  There seems to be a monotonous melancholy, an animal sadness running through all Negro jazz that is almost terrible at times ........
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
I , too, sing America. 
I am the darker brother. 
They send me to eat in the kitchen 
When company comes, 
But I laugh, 
And eat well, 
And grow strong.

Tomorrow, 
I'll sit at the table 
When company comes. 
Nobody'll dare 
Say to me, 
"Eat in the kitchen," 
Then.

Besides, 
They'll see how beautiful I am 
And be ashamed, ----

I, too, am America. 

[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
This is a song for the genius child. 
Sing it softly, for the song is wild. 
Sing it softly as ever you can --- 
Lest the song get out of hand.

Can you love an eagle, 
Tame or wild?

Wild or tame, 
Can you love a monster 
Of frightening name?

Kill him - and let his soul run wild
[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
Let America be America again. 
Let it be the dream it used to be. 
Let it be the pioneer on the plain 
Seeking a home where he himself is free.

(America never was America to me.)

Let America be the dream the dreamers dreamed - 
Let it be that great strong land of love 
Where never kings connive nor tyrants scheme 
That any man be crushed by one above.

(It never was America to me.)

O, let my land be a land where Liberty 
Is crowned with no false patriotic wreath, 
But opportunity is real, and life is free, 
Equality is in the air we breathe.

(There's never been equality for me, 
Nor freedom in this "homeland of the free.")

Say who are you that mumbles in the dark? 
And who are you that draws your veil across the stars?

I am the poor white, fooled and pushed apart, 
I am the Negro bearing slavery's scars. 
I am the red man driven from the land, 
I am the immigrant ....

[/td][/tr][/table]
Hughes4.JPG

One of my favorite poets -- black, or otherwise...​

It's not about celebrating being black.  I don't need a celebration for that.   It's about celebrating the accomplishments of African American's because history has been skewed and portrayed with a Euro-centric bias.  Without the acknowledgement of these accomplishments, most people would think the only thing that took place in Black history is that they were slaves.  
It's all good that you wanna talk this "As Americans" talk, because idealistically speaking, I agree with you.  We ARE all the same in my eyes.  But you're ignoring the fact that, that is not really how things are, especially in the history books.  And furthermore, sweeping things under the rug and pretending like they don't exist is not going to make us live more peacefully 
laugh.gif
.  What do you think we've BEEN doing?  More truth and honesty is required...and then there wouldn't be a need for a "Black History Month."

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

there is soo much ignorance in this post
sick.gif

because black people are the only ones who think interracial couples are wrong..........this thread is not about which race is better please take this nonsense out of this thread that goes for bsmooth as well.

sick.gif

because black people are the only ones who think interracial couples are wrong..........this thread is not about which race is better please take this nonsense out of this thread that goes for bsmooth as well.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Nat Turner Biography[/h1][h2]( 1800 – 1831)[/h2]
Leader of a slave insurrection. Born October 2, 1800 in Southampton County, Virginia. He was born on the Virginia plantation of Benjamin Turner, who allowed him to be instructed in reading, writing, and religion. Sold three times in his childhood and hired out to John Travis (1820s), he became a fiery preacher and leader of African-American slaves on Benjamin Turner's plantation and in his Southampton County neighbourhood, claiming that he was chosen by God to lead them from bondage.

Believing in signs and hearing divine voices, Turner was convinced by an eclipse of the Sun (1831) that the time to rise up had come, and he enlisted the help of four other slaves in the area. An insurrection was planned, aborted, and rescheduled for August 21, 1831, when he and six other slaves killed the Travis family, managed to secure arms and horses, and enlisted about 75 other slaves in a disorganized insurrection that resulted in the murder of 51 white people.

Afterwards, Turner hid nearby successfully for six weeks until his discovery, conviction, and hanging at Jerusalem, Virginia, along with 16 of his followers. The incident put fear in the heart of Southerners, ended the organized emancipation movement in that region, resulted in even harsher laws against slaves, and deepened the schism between slave-holders and free-soilers (an anti-slavery political party whose slogan was ‘free soil, free speech, free labor, and free men’) that would culminate in the Civil War.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Nat Turner Biography[/h1][h2]( 1800 – 1831)[/h2]
Leader of a slave insurrection. Born October 2, 1800 in Southampton County, Virginia. He was born on the Virginia plantation of Benjamin Turner, who allowed him to be instructed in reading, writing, and religion. Sold three times in his childhood and hired out to John Travis (1820s), he became a fiery preacher and leader of African-American slaves on Benjamin Turner's plantation and in his Southampton County neighbourhood, claiming that he was chosen by God to lead them from bondage.

Believing in signs and hearing divine voices, Turner was convinced by an eclipse of the Sun (1831) that the time to rise up had come, and he enlisted the help of four other slaves in the area. An insurrection was planned, aborted, and rescheduled for August 21, 1831, when he and six other slaves killed the Travis family, managed to secure arms and horses, and enlisted about 75 other slaves in a disorganized insurrection that resulted in the murder of 51 white people.

Afterwards, Turner hid nearby successfully for six weeks until his discovery, conviction, and hanging at Jerusalem, Virginia, along with 16 of his followers. The incident put fear in the heart of Southerners, ended the organized emancipation movement in that region, resulted in even harsher laws against slaves, and deepened the schism between slave-holders and free-soilers (an anti-slavery political party whose slogan was ‘free soil, free speech, free labor, and free men’) that would culminate in the Civil War.

sick.gif

so because you dont know how to answer that question makes it ignorance? please... i agree with you, it is not about which race is better. im not asking you anything about that. i just want to know why black people stick together? creating a rift between themselves and other races. just cause something that happened 60, 70 years ago.

im not denying slavery, cause i know it happened. but why is it that so many years later, people still have to be remembered about it and still cant let things in the past rest?

yeah, it was horrible, but it happened. and that is the main cause why all of you are here. blacks need to let the past go and stop thinking that they white society owes them anything, cause they dont. slavery didnt happen to you, so stop your whining and make something of yourselves.

sick.gif

so because you dont know how to answer that question makes it ignorance? please... i agree with you, it is not about which race is better. im not asking you anything about that. i just want to know why black people stick together? creating a rift between themselves and other races. just cause something that happened 60, 70 years ago.

im not denying slavery, cause i know it happened. but why is it that so many years later, people still have to be remembered about it and still cant let things in the past rest?

yeah, it was horrible, but it happened. and that is the main cause why all of you are here. blacks need to let the past go and stop thinking that they white society owes them anything, cause they dont. slavery didnt happen to you, so stop your whining and make something of yourselves.

sick.gif

keep this bull%%$ out of this thread
mad.gif

sick.gif

keep this bull%%$ out of this thread
mad.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry, but you sound like a complete dummy.  There are just as many white people who have problems with interracial relationships as there are blacks.  There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships...and those that have a problem with it are ignorant...black or white.  Furthermore, this is not a black issue, and you sound ridiculous for trying to make it one.  [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think society owes me anything, and I have done quite well for myself.   You need to take yourself and your ignorant generalizations elsewhere[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry, but you sound like a complete dummy.  There are just as many white people who have problems with interracial relationships as there are blacks.  There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships...and those that have a problem with it are ignorant...black or white.  Furthermore, this is not a black issue, and you sound ridiculous for trying to make it one.  [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think society owes me anything, and I have done quite well for myself.   You need to take yourself and your ignorant generalizations elsewhere[/font]

sick.gif

Actually I've brought a no-nonsense approach to this thread and I will continue this campaign throughout the net because it's a real movement.

GoldenChild you should develop literacy on the issues you speak of. Nothing just happens and goes away, all the events of world history EVER, lead up to the situation we have NOW. There is no good or bad but only what IS and what ISNT.

Tribal conflict and violence is a natural part of human interaction. Gun powder and economic systems rooted in mere idealisms are NOT. You're talking to an interracial person btw. So you can't trick me of the ways of this country because I have more experience with diversity than you, I embody it. I'm not sure what race you are but you are probably misinterpreting a pro-black message as supremacy. On the contrary we are the true defenders of democracy. A very elite class controls PROPERTY and uses race as an illusion to divide the masses.

Back
Top Bottom