BLACK HISTORY MONTH THREAD

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Black history month symbolizes the mockery of our culture to even suggest it could be limited into a single month. Labeling Feb. a 'black history month' is merely an acknowledged representation of years and years and years of cultural suppression of the millions of blacks who were dragged into the economic, political, and societal hell, known as America.

The Era of Capitalism-Imperialism is over. All the problems Africa and other "3rd world" countries have now are the DIRECT product of this system of exploitation.

I have no interest in getting a job in a broken, flawed, heinous institution, whose only pursuit is found in the pocket. My life has higher meaning and my people deserve better living conditions.

my people? please... means that if you're not black you're not part of YOUR people?? get over yourself. just cause you black doesnt make you special.

and because africa is poor, you think it is the fault of capitalism? you should tell them to stop killing each other.. africans killing other africans just cause they are a different tribe.

but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?

just like the blacks that wouldnt vote for obama if his wife was white.. and your president is just as much white as he is black.

there is soo much ignorance in this post
sick.gif

because black people are the only ones who think interracial couples are wrong..........this thread is not about which race is better please take this nonsense out of this thread that goes for bsmooth as well.

Actually I've brought a no-nonsense approach to this thread and I will continue this campaign throughout the net because it's a real movement.

GoldenChild you should develop literacy on the issues you speak of. Nothing just happens and goes away, all the events of world history EVER, lead up to the situation we have NOW. There is no good or bad but only what IS and what ISNT.

Tribal conflict and violence is a natural part of human interaction. Gun powder and economic systems rooted in mere idealisms are NOT. You're talking to an interracial person btw. So you can't trick me of the ways of this country because I have more experience with diversity than you, I embody it. I'm not sure what race you are but you are probably misinterpreting a pro-black message as supremacy. On the contrary we are the true defenders of democracy. A very elite class controls PROPERTY and uses race as an illusion to divide the masses.

I came in here to contribute to the post after reading through it (nice thread Anton) and didn't even get the chance to add what I wanted to...and now I gotta head out
ohwell.gif
I'll be back later 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry, but you sound like a complete dummy.  There are just as many white people who have problems with interracial relationships as there are blacks.  There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships...and those that have a problem with it are ignorant...black or white.  Furthermore, this is not a black issue, and you sound ridiculous for trying to make it one.  [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think society owes me anything, and I have done quite well for myself.   You need to take yourself and your ignorant generalizations elsewhere[/font]

racism is fundamentally built on hypocrisy and nothing makes me angrier
mad.gif

keep this bull%%$ out of this thread
mad.gif

They are just trolling to try to get this thread locked.  The best thing to do is just ignore them and continue to post positive contributions by Black Americans.  You can't take the racism and hatred out of their hearts.

keep this bull%%$ out of this thread
mad.gif

They are just trolling to try to get this thread locked.  The best thing to do is just ignore them and continue to post positive contributions by Black Americans.  You can't take the racism and hatred out of their hearts.

I came in here to contribute to the post after reading through it (nice thread Anton) and didn't even get the chance to add what I wanted to...and now I gotta head out
ohwell.gif
I'll be back later 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry, but you sound like a complete dummy.  There are just as many white people who have problems with interracial relationships as there are blacks.  There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships...and those that have a problem with it are ignorant...black or white.  Furthermore, this is not a black issue, and you sound ridiculous for trying to make it one.  [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think society owes me anything, and I have done quite well for myself.   You need to take yourself and your ignorant generalizations elsewhere[/font]

racism is fundamentally built on hypocrisy and nothing makes me angrier
mad.gif

warhol-jean-michel-basquiat-1982-polaroid.jpg

The most significant black painter in history, and again, one of my favorites -- black or otherwise

[h3]Biography[/h3]
[size=+1]J[/size]ean-Michel Basquiat was born on December 22, 1960 in Brooklyn, New York.  His father, Gerard Basquiat was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti and his mother, Matilde was born in Brooklyn of Puerto Rican parents. Early on, Basquiat displayed a proficiency in art which was encouraged by his mother. In 1977, Basquiat, along with friend Al Diaz begins spray painting cryptic aphorisms on subway trains and around lower Manhattan and signing them with the name SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size]  (Same Old !$@$).  "SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size] as an end to mindwash religion, nowhere politics, and bogus philosophy," "SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size] saves idiots," "Plush safe he think; SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size] ."

[size=+1]I[/size]n 1978 Basquiat left home for good and quit school just one year before graduating form high school. He lived with  friends and began selling hand painted postcards and T-shirts.  In June of 1980, Basquiat's art was publicly exhibited for the first time in a show sponsored by Colab (Collaborative Projects Incorporated) along with the work of Jenny Holzer, Lee Quinones, Kenny Scharf, Kiki Smith, Robin Winters, John Ahearn, Jane Dickson, Mike Glier, Mimi Gross, and David Hammons. Basquiat continued to exhibit his work around New York City and in Europe, participating in shows along with the likes of Keith Haring,Barbara Kruger

[size=+1]I[/size]n December of 1981, poet and artist Rene Ricard published the first major article on Basquiat entitled "The Radiant Child" in Artforum.  In 1982, Basquiat was featured in the group show "Transavanguardia: Italia/America" along with Neo-Expressionists Sandro Chia, Francesco Clemente, Enzu Cucchi, David Deutsch, David Salle, and Julian Schnabel (who will go on to direct the biographical film Basquiat in 1996). In 1983 Basquiat had one-artist exhibitions at the galleries of Annina Nosei and Larry Gagosian and was also included in the "1983 Biennial Exhibition" at the Whitney Museum of American Art. It was also in 1983 that Basquiat was befriended by Andy Warhol, a relationship which sparked discussion concerning white patronization of black art, a conflict which remains, to this day, at the center of most discussions of Basquiat's life and work. Basquiat and Warhol collaborated on a number of paintings, none of which are are critically acclaimed.  Their relationship continued, despite this, until Warhol's death in 1987. 

[size=+1]B[/size]y 1984, many of Basquiat's friends had become quite concerned about his excessive drug use, often finding him unkempt and in a state of paranoia.  Basquiat's paranoia was also fueled by the very real threat of people stealing work from his apartment and of art dealers taking unfinished work from his studio.  On February 10, 1985,  Basquiat appeared on the cover of The New York Times Magazine, posing for the Cathleen McGuigan article "New Art, New Money: The Marketing of an American Artist."  In March , Basquiat had his second one-artist show at the Mary Boone Gallery.  In the exhibition catalogue, Robert Farris Thompson spoke of Basquiat's work in terms of an Afro-Atlantic tradition, a context in which this art had never been discussed. 

[size=+1]I[/size]n 1986, Basquiat travelled to Africa for the first time and his work was shown in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. In November, a large exhibition of more than sixty paintings and drawings opened at the Kestner-Gesellschaft in Hannover; at twenty-five Basquiat was the youngest artist ever given an exhibition there. In 1988, Basquiat had shows in both Paris and New York; the New York show was praised by some critics, an encouraging development.  Basquiat attempted to kick his heroin addiction by leaving the temptations of New York for his ranch in Hawaii.  He returned to New York in June claiming to be drug-free.  On August 12 , Basquiat died as the result of a heroin overdose. He was 27. 

warhol-jean-michel-basquiat-1982-polaroid.jpg

The most significant black painter in history, and again, one of my favorites -- black or otherwise

[h3]Biography[/h3]
[size=+1]J[/size]ean-Michel Basquiat was born on December 22, 1960 in Brooklyn, New York.  His father, Gerard Basquiat was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti and his mother, Matilde was born in Brooklyn of Puerto Rican parents. Early on, Basquiat displayed a proficiency in art which was encouraged by his mother. In 1977, Basquiat, along with friend Al Diaz begins spray painting cryptic aphorisms on subway trains and around lower Manhattan and signing them with the name SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size]  (Same Old !$@$).  "SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size] as an end to mindwash religion, nowhere politics, and bogus philosophy," "SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size] saves idiots," "Plush safe he think; SAMO[size=-1][emoji]169[/emoji][/size] ."

[size=+1]I[/size]n 1978 Basquiat left home for good and quit school just one year before graduating form high school. He lived with  friends and began selling hand painted postcards and T-shirts.  In June of 1980, Basquiat's art was publicly exhibited for the first time in a show sponsored by Colab (Collaborative Projects Incorporated) along with the work of Jenny Holzer, Lee Quinones, Kenny Scharf, Kiki Smith, Robin Winters, John Ahearn, Jane Dickson, Mike Glier, Mimi Gross, and David Hammons. Basquiat continued to exhibit his work around New York City and in Europe, participating in shows along with the likes of Keith Haring,Barbara Kruger

[size=+1]I[/size]n December of 1981, poet and artist Rene Ricard published the first major article on Basquiat entitled "The Radiant Child" in Artforum.  In 1982, Basquiat was featured in the group show "Transavanguardia: Italia/America" along with Neo-Expressionists Sandro Chia, Francesco Clemente, Enzu Cucchi, David Deutsch, David Salle, and Julian Schnabel (who will go on to direct the biographical film Basquiat in 1996). In 1983 Basquiat had one-artist exhibitions at the galleries of Annina Nosei and Larry Gagosian and was also included in the "1983 Biennial Exhibition" at the Whitney Museum of American Art. It was also in 1983 that Basquiat was befriended by Andy Warhol, a relationship which sparked discussion concerning white patronization of black art, a conflict which remains, to this day, at the center of most discussions of Basquiat's life and work. Basquiat and Warhol collaborated on a number of paintings, none of which are are critically acclaimed.  Their relationship continued, despite this, until Warhol's death in 1987. 

[size=+1]B[/size]y 1984, many of Basquiat's friends had become quite concerned about his excessive drug use, often finding him unkempt and in a state of paranoia.  Basquiat's paranoia was also fueled by the very real threat of people stealing work from his apartment and of art dealers taking unfinished work from his studio.  On February 10, 1985,  Basquiat appeared on the cover of The New York Times Magazine, posing for the Cathleen McGuigan article "New Art, New Money: The Marketing of an American Artist."  In March , Basquiat had his second one-artist show at the Mary Boone Gallery.  In the exhibition catalogue, Robert Farris Thompson spoke of Basquiat's work in terms of an Afro-Atlantic tradition, a context in which this art had never been discussed. 

[size=+1]I[/size]n 1986, Basquiat travelled to Africa for the first time and his work was shown in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. In November, a large exhibition of more than sixty paintings and drawings opened at the Kestner-Gesellschaft in Hannover; at twenty-five Basquiat was the youngest artist ever given an exhibition there. In 1988, Basquiat had shows in both Paris and New York; the New York show was praised by some critics, an encouraging development.  Basquiat attempted to kick his heroin addiction by leaving the temptations of New York for his ranch in Hawaii.  He returned to New York in June claiming to be drug-free.  On August 12 , Basquiat died as the result of a heroin overdose. He was 27. 

My hero....weird referring to him as Black "History" cause dude is very much alive, young and active.
pimp.gif
The man, he performed my mother's brain surgery

My hero....weird referring to him as Black "History" cause dude is very much alive, young and active.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by justChillmann

pimp.gif

��

I can honestly hope to be half the man he is.
tired.gif
it's funny how people assume i hate religious people when one of my heros is very religious. He has a painting of himself and white Jesus in his crib
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justChillmann

pimp.gif

��

I can honestly hope to be half the man he is.
tired.gif
it's funny how people assume i hate religious people when one of my heros is very religious. He has a painting of himself and white Jesus in his crib
laugh.gif

Sullivan_Louis_Wade.jpg

After witnessing poverty and discrimination in Depression-era Georgia, Louis Wade Sullivan committed his career to education and public service, rising to become Secretary of Health and Human Services under President George H.W. Bush.  He also was the founder and long-time president of Morehouse College School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.

Louis Wade Sullivan was born in Atlanta in 1933, but when his family moved to a small Georgia farming community that did not offer educational opportunities for African Americans, he was sent to live with relatives in Savannah where he could attend school.  After graduating at the top of his high school class, he entered Morehouse College in Atlanta, earning a B.S. in the premedical program in 1954.  He then received a scholarship to Boston University School of Medicine, where he was the only African American in his class.  He graduated third in his class, earning an M.D. (cum laude) in 1958.  During his internship and residency at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Sullivan conducted research into the correlation between blood and diseases.  He made several discoveries concerning alcohol and blood health, and subsequently conducted further medical research at Harvard Medical School and a number of other institutions during the following decades.  In 1976, he helped found the Association of Minority Health Professions Schools to promote a national minority health agenda.

In 1977, Sullivan became the first president of Morehouse College School of Medicine, which he helped to establish in an effort to increase the number of African American physicians serving urban and rural minority populations.  Morehouse College of Medicine was one of only two black medical schools created in the 20th Century.  He served as dean and president for the next 12 years.  Through fundraising efforts for the college, Sullivan met and became friends with then Vice President George Bush.  Sullivan became an advisor to Bush on health matters, and the two travelled to Africa in 1982 to learn about the continent's health needs.  When Bush became president in 1988, Sullivan left Morehouse to become Secretary of Health and Human Services, a position he held from 1989 to 1992.

After leaving the cabinet, Sullivan returned to his leadership at Morehouse for the next 10 years.  In 2003, he was appointed by President George W. Bush to chair an advisory committee, the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities.  

After witnessing poverty and discrimination in Depression-era Georgia, Louis Wade Sullivan committed his career to education and public service, rising to become Secretary of Health and Human Services under President George H.W. Bush.  He also was the founder and long-time president of Morehouse College School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.

Louis Wade Sullivan was born in Atlanta in 1933, but when his family moved to a small Georgia farming community that did not offer educational opportunities for African Americans, he was sent to live with relatives in Savannah where he could attend school.  After graduating at the top of his high school class, he entered Morehouse College in Atlanta, earning a B.S. in the premedical program in 1954.  He then received a scholarship to Boston University School of Medicine, where he was the only African American in his class.  He graduated third in his class, earning an M.D. (cum laude) in 1958.  During his internship and residency at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Sullivan conducted research into the correlation between blood and diseases.  He made several discoveries concerning alcohol and blood health, and subsequently conducted further medical research at Harvard Medical School and a number of other institutions during the following decades.  In 1976, he helped found the Association of Minority Health Professions Schools to promote a national minority health agenda.

In 1977, Sullivan became the first president of Morehouse College School of Medicine, which he helped to establish in an effort to increase the number of African American physicians serving urban and rural minority populations.  Morehouse College of Medicine was one of only two black medical schools created in the 20th Century.  He served as dean and president for the next 12 years.  Through fundraising efforts for the college, Sullivan met and became friends with then Vice President George Bush.  Sullivan became an advisor to Bush on health matters, and the two travelled to Africa in 1982 to learn about the continent's health needs.  When Bush became president in 1988, Sullivan left Morehouse to become Secretary of Health and Human Services, a position he held from 1989 to 1992.

After leaving the cabinet, Sullivan returned to his leadership at Morehouse for the next 10 years.  In 2003, he was appointed by President George W. Bush to chair an advisory committee, the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities.  

-My Prophyte
pimp.gif

Sullivan_Louis_Wade.jpg

-My Prophyte
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

CharlesHouston.jpg

Charles Hamilton Houston. Easily, my favorite African American in history. As an attorney, he (even above Bro. Justice Thurgood Marshall) was my single most influential decision to follow in the profession. Although he is not as popular as many others, this man was an integral part of the Civil Rights movement. Nicknamed "The Man Who Killed Jim Crowe", Houston was responsible for every case that went before the Supreme Court, challenging the "separate but equally doctrine". He is the one that discovered Bro. Justice Thurgood Marshall and taught him everything he knew.

Houston was the Rev. Bro. MLK Jr. of the legal profession. He tactfully engineered a lawsuit scheme that allowed for Plessy v. Fergueson to be overturn.  Houston caravan around the south with his team, filing lawsuits and winning cases in order to set up the proper precedent to get to the Supreme Court.

Good Brother Charles Hamilton Houston, Esq., I salute you for standing up for something bigger than you. Thanks for being an inspiration for me and many other attorneys across the country. 00000000006' !!!

"I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees." - Charles Hamilton Houston, Esq.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

CharlesHouston.jpg

Charles Hamilton Houston. Easily, my favorite African American in history. As an attorney, he (even above Bro. Justice Thurgood Marshall) was my single most influential decision to follow in the profession. Although he is not as popular as many others, this man was an integral part of the Civil Rights movement. Nicknamed "The Man Who Killed Jim Crowe", Houston was responsible for every case that went before the Supreme Court, challenging the "separate but equally doctrine". He is the one that discovered Bro. Justice Thurgood Marshall and taught him everything he knew.

Houston was the Rev. Bro. MLK Jr. of the legal profession. He tactfully engineered a lawsuit scheme that allowed for Plessy v. Fergueson to be overturn.  Houston caravan around the south with his team, filing lawsuits and winning cases in order to set up the proper precedent to get to the Supreme Court.

Good Brother Charles Hamilton Houston, Esq., I salute you for standing up for something bigger than you. Thanks for being an inspiration for me and many other attorneys across the country. 00000000006' !!!

"I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees." - Charles Hamilton Houston, Esq.
pimp.gif

Black history month symbolizes the mockery of our culture to even suggest it could be limited into a single month. Labeling Feb. a 'black history month' is merely an acknowledged representation of years and years and years of cultural suppression of the millions of blacks who were dragged into the economic, political, and societal hell, known as America.

The Era of Capitalism-Imperialism is over. All the problems Africa and other "3rd world" countries have now are the DIRECT product of this system of exploitation.

I have no interest in getting a job in a broken, flawed, heinous institution, whose only pursuit is found in the pocket. My life has higher meaning and my people deserve better living conditions.

my people? please... means that if you're not black you're not part of YOUR people?? get over yourself. just cause you black doesnt make you special.

and because africa is poor, you think it is the fault of capitalism? you should tell them to stop killing each other.. africans killing other africans just cause they are a different tribe.

but none of you still havent answered my question.. why do blacks think that mixed couples are wrong?? my boy went to nyc, and he's white, his wifey is black.. but the blacks were the ones that were hating on them.. so do blacks think they are better than any other race? is that why they look down on people that are in a mixed relationship?

just like the blacks that wouldnt vote for obama if his wife was white.. and your president is just as much white as he is black.

sick.gif

because black people are the only ones who think interracial couples are wrong..........this thread is not about which race is better please take this nonsense out of this thread that goes for bsmooth as well.

Actually I've brought a no-nonsense approach to this thread and I will continue this campaign throughout the net because it's a real movement.

GoldenChild you should develop literacy on the issues you speak of. Nothing just happens and goes away, all the events of world history EVER, lead up to the situation we have NOW. There is no good or bad but only what IS and what ISNT.

Tribal conflict and violence is a natural part of human interaction. Gun powder and economic systems rooted in mere idealisms are NOT. You're talking to an interracial person btw. So you can't trick me of the ways of this country because I have more experience with diversity than you, I embody it. I'm not sure what race you are but you are probably misinterpreting a pro-black message as supremacy. On the contrary we are the true defenders of democracy. A very elite class controls PROPERTY and uses race as an illusion to divide the masses.

you think you have more experience with diversity.. because.. you know who i am and where i have been?? right... if you keep saying that long enough to yourself you migh actually believe that.

sick.gif

you think you have more experience with diversity.. because.. you know who i am and where i have been?? right... if you keep saying that long enough to yourself you migh actually believe that.

Back
Top Bottom