Black influence in Japan

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by pdot

That's what I'm saying...
They are influenced by hip hop culture, not black culture.

True.. But Hip Hop is rooted in Black Culture that's just the way it is.
grin.gif

When I think of Rock and Roll, Im thinking of white guys with long hair.   Its pretty easy for music to be associated with race.
When you say Rock & Roll, Jimi Hendrix is the first person I think of...

I think its dope. Despite the fact that it amounts to little more than a caricature the intent isn't malicious so it's all good with me. I love how they've embraced the idea of dark skin being as beautiful as white or pail skin.

yeah...i went there about a year ago and found it quite prevalent...

in osaka, reggae culture was pretty heavy.

grin.gif

When I think of Rock and Roll, Im thinking of white guys with long hair.   Its pretty easy for music to be associated with race.
exactly, its the way its perceived. if i told you a sizable proportion of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of inductees were black (Michael Jackson, Etta Jmaes, Ray Carles, James Brown,Otis Redding, etc.) or that Chuck Barry was one of the first creators (if not the creator) of Rock and Roll, you would be as shocked as i was/am.

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah and when I think rap Im thinking of Eminem and Paul Wall.

i found that video very interesting

i wouldn't be surprised if she ended up marrying a black man

laugh.gif

Yeah and when I think rap Im thinking of Eminem and Paul Wall.
Might very well be the case – depends on what you've been exposed to.
That's how far hip hop has come.

That's why I don't know how to feel about hip hop culture representing black culture as a whole.

I guess if they're portraying it as a sign of admiration – more power to them.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by j1mmych0o

an entire genre of music shouldnt be associated with an entire race.
30t6p3b.gif
i'm guessing it was said like that because hip hop culture was influenced created by black culture

it isnt only blk influence in japan... it is simple JAPANESE HAVE SWAG!!! period... i am currently out here in japan coming straight from brooklyn,ny i love it an do not want to leave!! that news clip was a lil extra, it was more to get notoriety for them i guess as well as any other news broadcast, i was thinking about doing a documentary out here but i didnt want them to feel like im exposing them or anything, but japan is awesome, their style is unique, they're bold with their fashion, they listen to all forms of music, not just hiphop! of course if you go into a clothing store you'll here some upbeat music to keep you just in the shoppng mood but if u go to a book store for instance you'll hear some smooth jazz playing by ely bruna or something else rathr unique... i've seen the individuals not only tan but DARKSKIN literally bleaching there whole skin permanently not just tanning, and thats more of a rebellion thing... for girls who wanna be rich and white, there saying the opposite, fashion is dope, style is dope, food is amazing... after seeing this newsclip i really wanna shoot some stuff with my iphone4s and put together a documentary... if you wanna see some pics follow me on instagram @kingchiching

Originally Posted by soflyjedi

it isnt only blk influence in japan... it is simple JAPANESE HAVE SWAG!!! period... i am currently out here in japan coming straight from brooklyn,ny i love it an do not want to leave!! that news clip was a lil extra, it was more to get notoriety for them i guess as well as any other news broadcast, i was thinking about doing a documentary out here but i didnt want them to feel like im exposing them or anything, but japan is awesome, their style is unique, they're bold with their fashion, they listen to all forms of music, not just hiphop! of course if you go into a clothing store you'll here some upbeat music to keep you just in the shoppng mood but if u go to a book store for instance you'll hear some smooth jazz playing by ely bruna or something else rathr unique... i've seen the individuals not only tan but DARKSKIN literally bleaching there whole skin permanently not just tanning, and thats more of a rebellion thing... for girls who wanna be rich and white, there saying the opposite, fashion is dope, style is dope, food is amazing... after seeing this newsclip i really wanna shoot some stuff with my iphone4s and put together a documentary... if you wanna see some pics follow me on instagram @kingchiching

So materialistic girls = white and pale?
Girls like kreayshawn = dark?

doubt there trying to be black. they just like w/e they into, hip hop, rap, regaee stuff etc like any other culture. theres even japanese sureno type gangs out there and dudes that listen to that chicano rap music lol.

Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM

doubt there trying to be black. they just like w/e they into, hip hop, rap, regaee stuff etc like any other culture. theres even japanese sureno type gangs out there and dudes that listen to that chicano rap music lol.

And they are probably herbs just like the ones out here.

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

like this darkskin "black gal" ?
sfLTe.png

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

like this darkskin "black gal" ?
sfLTe.png

lol ninja edit, put the pic back up with the ugly girls fam.

Back
Top Bottom