Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

You and me both @jaylaw15
, even though I have two pairs of the 2014's, (1 pair still DS) and the 2010's Black/Varsity Red DS...

A remastered pair is a MUST, as they're one of my Top 3 favorite Air Jordan's of all-time....

Hopefully, on the remastered pair, the ankle collar and heel portion has that smooth suede like the OG's... and the toe box isn't boot like on the 2014's... Hell, I take the 2010's toe box, and I'd be straight.

Nice pics man.

:nthat:  ​
the back part was leather not suede actually

My bad, that's what I meant @PmpDaddyRobFord... In some of the pics, it looks like it's a smooth leathery suede though... But like you said, it's actually leather. I wonder why they didn't put a black version of that cheap plastic leather that they used on the White/Infrared's... On the back of the Blacks.... It would've resembled the OG's a little more. I guess that would be doin' too much though for JB...

laugh.gif

My bad, that's what I meant @PmpDaddyRobFord
... In some of the pics, it looks like it's a smooth leathery suede though... But like you said, it's actually leather. I wonder why they didn't put a black version of that cheap plastic leather that they used on the White/Infrared's... On the back of the Blacks.... It would've resembled the OG's a little more. I guess that would be doin' too much though for JB...

:lol:
yea to be fair it is a weird *** lookin leather

I was dumb enough and got 1/2 a size down on the Black pair and white pair they fit too tight. I still have my white ones DS so might sell those when rumors of a NA infrared pair start showing up

Do you guys take out the stock insole and replace it. Or just put the new insole on top. My tts fits big
Same happened to me with my infrared23 6s. Go to your local FTL Champs etc.Try insoles out and see what fits best. Swap them I don't suggest adding another. Also be prepared to warm up because sometimes there's a lot of glue holding down the insole

How do these hold up after a few dozen wears? My bros 2010 varsity Reds have been worn over a100 times yet the ashy Larry Nubuck still looks pretty new

How do these hold up after a few dozen wears? My bros 2010 varsity Reds have been worn over a100 times yet the ashy Larry Nubuck still looks pretty new
I've worn this almost exclusively every weekend for the past 2 months, just took a look at them last night. They look good, no premature ankle creasing or any problems with the toe box. It's actually holding up a lot better than my whites and carmines did, both that had a lot less wear time.

I've worn this almost exclusively every weekend for the past 2 months, just took a look at them last night. They look good, no premature ankle creasing or any problems with the toe box. It's actually holding up a lot better than my whites and carmines did, both that had a lot less wear time.
I finall yun DSed my pair for star wars yesterday. Free scuffs on heel. One thing o like about the ashy Larry pairs from 2010 though is that marks seems to show much less and they not look as grey

I was dumb enough and got 1/2 a size down on the Black pair and white pair they fit too tight. I still have my white ones DS so might sell those when rumors of a NA infrared pair start showing up

Are the 2014 black infrared 6s known to be true to size? So no sizing down?

Are the 2014 black infrared 6s known to be true to size? So no sizing down?

They ran bigger than normal to me. Ended up selling mine for that reason. When my true size 13 is not an ideal fit I'm usually s.o.l.

I hope these actually release some day, with the red Nike Air heel logo & all...
 ​
 ​
wink.gif
 ​
 ​
Screw your thoughts...
Gees....that midsole color blocking looks awful.  Doesn't work on the black infrared like it does on some others.

With all of the complaints about this 2014 version that people have, I have to say that I'm really enjoying mine.  Worn them countless times and they still look flawless.  Overall great looking shoe.  Yes, the infrared is a bit pinker than most of us would like, and the back isn't smooth leather, however, they still look great.  I get a lot of compliments from random people that don't normally even notice people's shoes.  The 3M is great too.  I don't have any noticeable creasing or cracking, and although they're not cushy like Futures, or even my Bordeauxs, they're still decently comfortable for a 6.  A remastered version would have to be pretty on point to lure me, as I see these holding up for many many years.

Anybody have a good suggestion for an insole replacement for these? Does Nike make performance/comfort insoles that would be good in these? Any advice would be appreciated. These are somewhat comfortable as is but could be a lot better.

Anybody have a good suggestion for an insole replacement for these? Does Nike make performance/comfort insoles that would be good in these? Any advice would be appreciated. These are somewhat comfortable as is but could be a lot better.
Dr. Scholl's 

Spenco is a pretty good brand

With all of the complaints about this 2014 version that people have, I have to say that I'm really enjoying mine.  Worn them countless times and they still look flawless.  Overall great looking shoe.  Yes, the infrared is a bit pinker than most of us would like, and the back isn't smooth leather, however, they still look great.  I get a lot of compliments from random people that don't normally even notice people's shoes.  The 3M is great too.  I don't have any noticeable creasing or cracking, and although they're not cushy like Futures, or even my Bordeauxs, they're still decently comfortable for a 6.  A remastered version would have to be pretty on point to lure me, as I see these holding up for many many years.

EXACTLY.. On point. I feel the exact same way. I'm suprised how well they've held up after multiple uses. Impressed overall.

EDIT: Actually my only complaint is that Nike used a different mold for these compared to the previous 2014 Jordan 6's. These fit me tts while the Sport Blues, Carmine and the White 6's all fit very lose. All size 11.5. I sold the others and keep these. I'm happy with these compared to the other 6's.

Last edited:
Thanks. Just did a eBay search and found a seller who sells full length zoom air insole inserts. They go under the stock Nike insole. Might go with those.
Can you share the ebay link?  I like the sound of full length zoom air insoles!

Back
Top Bottom