Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

How's the quality on these? Passed on these this morning, might cop down the road if quality is decent enough.

No better or worse than any other GR Jordan. I actually like the material they used on these. And as much as I love my 2010 infrared pack, I'm kinda digging this material more. It's closer to the durabuck used on the originals. Shorter nap, if that makes any sense.

With that said, I had a good amount of pairs and while I didn't look at all of them, all the ones that I did look at had glue stains and slight scuffs on the toe box. Not a big deal in my opinion. I think people over scrutinize Jordans, but they were certainly present.

I wonder what next years BF release will be. Can't picture them re-releasing the Charcoal VII again

Been pondering the same thing for a few days now. My guess is they go charcoal 7, but use the two-tone upper like the pack (was that a DMP pack?) instead of the solid upper from the recently released charcoal/raptor 7.

Man, I am a ecstatic I got a double up, if you didn't cop I feel bad for you, esp the stories about scandalous employees and FNL charging dudes 10 times no shoes.

That is some bull$+!7.

Personally, I gotta shout out Sole Sniper, I used their ATC on NDC.

NDC has free shipping, so paying $10- $20 for ATC and guaranteed kicks, way better, no stress, still close to same cost as FNL, less hassle. Just saying.

Also, I kept plugged to this thread, and Shoepalace out of nowhere had a FSR @ Like 12PM. Doubled up.

Also got a set with a ticket at FTL.

That's my story. Be prepared, keep eyes open, eat.

Been pondering the same thing for a few days now. My guess is they go charcoal 7, but use the two-tone upper like the pack (was that a DMP pack?) instead of the solid upper from the recently released charcoal/raptor 7.
Yep DMP pack w/ the horrific Orlando Magic CW.

I think they were trying to mimic the effect (on the DMP pair) of the upper fading on the overlay that occurred eventually in the OG and '02 pairs, but didn't do it very effectively.

A version that looks "petinaed" with the fading upper would be bananas. Love my 2011 (or was it 2012?) pair, but that concept would be awesome. But...knowing JB, we'll get some stupid retro + CW. Eh...time will tell.

Ok so I haven't lived in the US for a while and IDK that much about black friday and shipping but friend said that places DO ship on friday. Did anyone get an email saying their stuff was shipped from NDC?

UPS is shipping today (my job uses UPS). Whether they are picking up from Nike today is a different question and I don't have the answer.

lol nowadays waking up at 8 AM and waiting an hour in line at nike only to have trouble to checkout is called an "easy cop"
Indeed, my friend. I'm from the older class. I got my first job in high school because my mom couldn't afford to pay $125 for retroes every couple months. I remember I would work my 8AM to 12PM shifts on Saturday, take the bus to cash my check, and then take another bus to buy the Jordans in the mid to late afternoon with absolutely no problems.

The only shoes I had to line up for were the 11s. I think I arrived 15 mins before the store opened at 7AM for the Columbia 11s in the 10th grade and was like the 4th one, and same for the black/red joints too.

Yep DMP pack w/ the horrific Orlando Magic CW.

I think they were trying to mimic the effect (on the DMP pair) of the upper fading on the overlay that occurred eventually in the OG and '02 pairs, but didn't do it very effectively.

A version that looks "petinaed" with the fading upper would be bananas. Love my 2011 (or was it 2012?) pair, but that concept would be awesome. But...knowing JB, we'll get some stupid retro + CW. Eh...time will tell.

Bruh...I'm inclined to agree with everything you said. I don't know how to pronounce "petinaed" but yea...what you said.

I don't think they are wearing shoes because of kanye per se back in the late 00's . Like they weren't trying to be him lol, it's just slot of people who were not in the know with sneakers and basketball culture were put onto some shoes because of ye and other celebrities.

Think about it the 6 is a cool shoe in its own right, but if you young and don't know about Jordan's and you are just seeing these hot shoes on ye and you never really heard of them before, wouldn't you start thirsting too? I got this guy at my job that always asks me about shoes that he now wants because he saw somebody wearing them in a picture on in a magazine on a celeb. It's the same thing, and that's why varsity reds flew off the shelves when ye was photoed wearing them.
i still remember the varsity red january release like it was yesterday. Nike toronto still had full size runs in april 2010. Everybody was pi**ed off that the color on the midsole wasnt infrared. They didnt sell well at all. Same with the white and red xiis from 2009. They sat for months. As for kanye influencing ppl to wear the infrared vi, i dont know about that one buddy but then again im a grown man at 28 years old and most kids these days are followers.
I'm 30, i remember the varsity release too, I didn't care about em my girl bought them for me the day of release in the middle of the afternoon for me as a gift. Yea they sayt, but it wasn't until ye started wearing them after release that resell values jumped and all of a sudden they weren't that easy to get anymore. And that's most likely cuz people weren't trying to put the extra money into gettin the infrareds.

And like I said before i don't think it was really influencing, it's just putting people on who weren't sneaker heads to a really cool shoe. I mean people act like the DMV wouldn't be going crazy over foams if wale wasn't in the lrg ad with the eggplants, he went hard to make foams a local thing lol.

I can Also admit there are some things I wasn't into but got put on when I've seen somebody rockin em. It doesn't happen too often but I'll admit it.

Last edited:
No better or worse than any other GR Jordan. I actually like the material they used on these. And as much as I love my 2010 infrared pack, I'm kinda digging this material more. It's closer to the durabuck used on the originals. Shorter nap, if that makes any sense.

With that said, I had a good amount of pairs and while I didn't look at all of them, all the ones that I did look at had glue stains and slight scuffs on the toe box. Not a big deal in my opinion. I think people over scrutinize Jordans, but they were certainly present.

Thanks fam. I appreciate it!

Anyone know what the bundled "gift" is from Shoepalace?  Ordered the 6 Spizike from them and got socks bundled but I think it was specific that socks were part of the bundle.  For these infrareds it just says "gift." 

It's ok whatever it is, since with the promo code they were slightly under retail, but was wondering if anyone has any idea?

Last edited:
I wonder what next years BF release will be. Can't picture them re-releasing the Charcoal VII again
Bordeaux or charcoal likely guess. Everything else pretty much has a realse date, doubt they go new color way for BF.. I wonder what Oreo 7s would look like tho...

Back
Top Bottom