Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

No way these will have 3M. That was the essential characteristics on the Blk/Red 13's and they didn't even put it. The 2000 retro didn't even have it. But then they make a entire Jordan 3 with 3M.

Zephyr I know your a advocate of og materials, shape, and what have you. As am I. But those days are gone, and don't appear to be on the horizon anytime soon.

The Blk/Red 13's did get a retro with Reflective back in 04/05, so JB in their idiotic thinking thought it would be okay to retro this time around without it. We haven't received a VI retro with reflective yet, so maybe there is some hope. If we had received a retro with reflective already, then I could see this upcoming release not having it. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I'm talking what JB did lately. In '04 they were still making solid retros, and didn't have a following close to what they have today. Messing up a classic was not tolerated by the small sneaker subculture community. Today they can because they'll sell out regardless. They still sometimes toss the occasional bone at us old heads with retros that are verbatim with the OG.

There's always a chance however. But that pic looks so fake, the tongue doesn't even sit that high on these retros.

Last edited:
the picture is nowhere near clear enough to tell what kind of material it is

but for discussion purposes, what if they DID have 3M but the cheap suede material? that would be an acceptable compromise for me lol. I'm sure none of you would pass if they legit had 3M

on the other hand, what if there's not actually 3M behind the holes, but just a white material that gives it the same look? idk why but it kind of looks like that to me

Nah b.. looks like Durabuck and 3M to me.

Praying to Helix Fossil that it's a real sample.

I wouldn't believe that those are the one releasing in that picture bc if you go to the Colombia thread that same site has a similar picture of the Colombia's but it's a og pic, so I think these are a og pic also.

Last edited:
I wouldn't believe that those are the one releasing in that picture bc if you go to the Colombia thread that same site has a similar picture of the Colombia's but it's a og pic, so I think these are a og pic also.
If you translate the article it states that it is in fact a sample for 2014, or so they say.

I believe SNKRBX posted that photo last week.
He's known for having samples.
He leaked the Command Force sample photos too.
I'm not vouching for dude, just throwing info out there.
If your not vouching then why back him up. look photos will soon surface,so don't stress it.

the picture is nowhere near clear enough to tell what kind of material it is

but for discussion purposes, what if they DID have 3M but the cheap suede material? that would be an acceptable compromise for me lol. I'm sure none of you would pass if they legit had 3M

on the other hand, what if there's not actually 3M behind the holes, but just a white material that gives it the same look? idk why but it kind of looks like that to me

Nah b.. looks like Durabuck and 3M to me.

Praying to Helix Fossil that it's a real sample.

This is what the almighty helix fossil told me

tumblr_n14k1wvNsI1r2rv18o1_250.gif

:nerd:

white outline surrounding the shoe and a cheesy background and branding? I think we can safely say this is an april fool's.
mean.gif

white outline surrounding the shoe and a cheesy background and branding? I think we can safely say this is an april fool's. :smh:

Like seriously cannot believe some of you believe that lol

I hope it's real, it's probably not, but let's consider these facts:

1. the blog did not post that today, it was several days ago

2. a dude in the Air Command Force thread described a new "south beach" like color with black durabuck along with saying the billy Hoyles would be unchanged from the og about a week ago, and then this same blog post sample pics of the shoes a couple days ago and they are exactly as the guy in the thread described...

with that said I'm not convinced they used 3M, maybe a white sock liner to give it the same look, because the holes toward the front of the shoe didn't have 3M behind it on the OG. and to me the material looks like what was used on the BC4s

Last edited:
I wanna say Bluffin. Just for the fact that ther pic of that Infra color and year releases, Nah NTLK fam I dont buy it!

In 1990-91 the OG did not read Deep Infrared. That was only on the 2000 NA first retro release. OG labe read Blk/Infrared.

Also the playoff VIIIs were not high grain durabuck, they were a lower grade level of hide. Just like the '99 Metallic Vs were 

Durabuck but just not the exact same level grain of the smooth buttery grain of the 1990 Metallic Vs.

Now back 2 the picwerte all talking about. Hmmm could be, or could not be. I do see a Durabuck not top shelf level

but it does look like the playoff VIIIs even though the Suns VIIIs got a higher grain of Durabuck compared to the Playoffs.

They do seem 2 have wich looks like 3M holes, OR just a sneekee lil move JB did and put sum weak A** 9M that doesnt 

reflect like the 5M or 3M as much or just plain white cloth in them holes to get us 2 bite. I believe 5M is wut was on the 

Laker VIs, I could be wrong. Now for as the color it looks like sum Infrared but not really deep infrared, or Infrapink like on this years white colorway.

Could be a Infra Orange more like the Toro Infra 23s. It for sure does not look like Varsity red. Plus also shape looks Diferent than the 2000 and and 2010 versions.

They're are alot of variations of Infra colors. It can be used on almost all colors. For instance IMO I think they did the same thing with 

the September Blue VIs coming out or wut ever you'll call em. It look like a infra-blue if you ask me.

They're are alot of variations of Infra colors. It can be used on almost all colors. For instance IMO I think they did the same thing with 
the September Blue VIs coming out or wut ever you'll call em. It look like a infra-blue if you ask me.

That was a photoshop the real september blue pics isnt bright like that

Back
Top Bottom