Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Wish we could have OP summarize all the info on the first post.

3M
Nubuck
Jumpman
"Infrared23" aka the same on the whites

Let's do this. I need new winter beaters

I been sayin since summer time they were gonna be listed as infrared23 which I was under the impression was a darker shade of infrared from looking at the infrared23 6s that released back in February. JB trying to patent their own shade of infrared or something. I'm sure it looks alot better being up against an all black shoe instead of a white. Still prob coppin after I said I wouldn't if it was the same infrared as the whites but over time this infrared color has kinda grown on me with my whites. And enough for me to cop a pair of these cause everything else about this shoe just looks so on point to me.

these are two shots that i could grab while going through new inventory yesterday at work, for reference its a size 12. They look amazing in person. The infrared is very vibrant, although it could be because the background is black now and not white. As for the whole color debate it honestly looks just like the white infrared color from earlier this year and i am a ok with that!

View media item 1260514
View media item 1260517

Nice pics

These are a GR though. If you really want them it won't be as hard to get. The Black Cement 3's restocked. The Bred 4's restocked. The Oreos definitely restocked. Hell, the holiday 11's restock a ton of times.
And the similarity...

ALL THESE dropped on Black Friday (for those that didn't know)

Let's hope my local stores don't rig the raffles like they normally do... Eh they prob will. 
tired.gif

What exactly is durabuck? 
Its basically nubuck fused and coated with some polymers (plastics and amides) that make it more tougher and more durable to use outdoors (rain, grinding, scuffing etc).

It can take a beating and doesnt care bout rain, but it cant stand the test of time. After years the synthetic coats turn brittle (due to oxidation) and makes the material crack, making it unusable.

At the end of the day, if you wear your kick, you cant find a better not-giving-a-f*ck material.

Last edited:

A very light, light, light imitating suede 

Next in quality would be nubuck (reference Orange/Grey 12s, and other nubuck 12s like Flu game (OGs were leather though, I believe)

Then suede (top shelf material)
Quality (prestige and material wise) it would go like this: Suede (best), nubuck, leather, durabuck (semi-synthetic).

Durability: Durabuck (best durability), Nubuck, Leather, suede (worst durability).

Durabuck sounds amazing <3 How long until the oxidation f's it up? What type of material do the Infrared VI usually come out in?

Durabuck sounds amazing <3 How long until the oxidation f's it up? What type of material do the Infrared VI usually come out in?
How long? If you wear your shoes every day then never haha.

Depends, the oxidation needs light (UV) and oxygen from air. Problem with storage is that you cant seal the shoe in a container (like fully synthetic lebron 11) because its only half synthetic, so it need to breath or it will crumble like leather.

Educated guess (pulling out of my a*s) would be, at around age of 6 (from release date) you would start to see the oxydation happening (tiny cracks here and there, yellowing, rubber hardening). It all depends where you live and what atmospherical conditions are and how often you wear them (less wear/more storage = crumble on wear after long storage). If the icy soles werent monguled with, how icy it is would be a good indicator of oxydation (more yellow = more oxydation).

1992 OG infrareds had 3/4 durabuck and the heel panel was smooth leather with 3M underneath

2000 Infrared (not sure, fill me in) I think it was a fully nubuck build, no 3M

2010 Infrared was fully mediocre suede, no 3M

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom