Black Male NTers... does Bump Patrol really work?

thebachellor

Banned
I don't shave often, but when I do I use a straight razor. About 3-4 days after I do, the razor bumps will rear their ugly heads
laugh.gif
. I don't have asevere case of them, but i'd rather um... *not* have them. So yea... does this really work? Or just a gimmick?

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

It works wonders.....(well for my step pops, i don't even have facial hair
tired.gif
)
I wouldn't be mad at that at all. Razor bumps are not popping. My barber always says he doesn't know why black men shave because of thispredicament. If you do it, get a straight razor on the face. Don't use that Norelco or clippers crap.

I used to use a Mach 3 with anti-bump shaving cream and bump stop, and it worked pretty well. I had really bad razor bumps, and they were significantlyreduced, but not totally gone.

Based on other shaving threads, I've switched to just using the Andis T-Outliner and some Nivea aftershave lotion. This works wonders. It's reallycomfortable, and while my face isn't baby smooth, I can get a close shave without bleeding and/or having a rough, nasty face and neck area. If you'reonly shaving every now and then, It would probably be great for you, if you're willing to give up the razor shave. I grow hair pretty fast but the Andislets me shave about twice a week and stay pretty clean.

/advertisement

Originally Posted by Lazy B

tired.gif
)
I wouldn't be mad at that at all. Razor bumps are not popping. My barber always says he doesn't know why black men shave because of this predicament. If you do it, get a straight razor on the face. Don't use that Norelco or clippers crap.
You wild bro, get you some andi's t liners and some tea/tree oil and you're good.

I just keep my facial hair shaved low, in a beard.

straight razor > anything else...

im so glad i dont get razor bumps (just a few ingrown hairs)

it feels so good plucking ingrown hairs lol

it works if you use it in conjuction with an alcohol based after shave, and make sure you wash your face twice daily. razor bumps are caused when the curlyfacial hair, blk men have curl into the skin, and then the dirt n oil gets into the pores.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by sn00pee

straight razor > anything else...

im so glad i dont get razor bumps (just a few ingrown hairs)

it feels so good plucking ingrown hairs lol
Ingrown hairs = razor bumps
no no my good sir, razor bumps are caused my hair curling back into the skin, ingrown hairs never break the skin.

Use magic cream shave to take facial hair off.. Much easier thenshaving.. feels better and takes away bumps ... Shaving under your neck is basically a no no when your black especially dark skin

PROD_SSC081_lg.jpg

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

I don't shave often, but when I do I use a straight razor. About 3-4 days after I do, the razor bumps will rear their ugly heads
laugh.gif
. I don't have a severe case of them, but i'd rather um... *not* have them. So yea... does this really work? Or just a gimmick?
Thats the problem. Black males should just use the shavers with adjustable heads like how we get our hair cut. I stay with constant stubblebecause its better than me getting bumps. You shave too low. Our hair is too curly and causes bumps when it grows back etc.

That Magic Shave stuff never worked for me. It would remove little patches at the most. ANd yes, bump patrol works, but i use the Bump Patrol shaving cream andan Andis T Outliner like dude above said and I can still get pretty damn close yet not get bumps. And my facial hair grows back FAST too

Originally Posted by Lazy B

tired.gif
)
I wouldn't be mad at that at all. Razor bumps are not popping. My barber always says he doesn't know why black men shave because of this predicament. If you do it, get a straight razor on the face. Don't use that Norelco or clippers crap.
Yea do this...and have yo face lookin like

roll.gif
roll.gif

best thing to get is them andis outliners and if you want a close shave witout bumps get one of them braun shavers those are the best brands!

Just look up homemade tend skin and never look back. @## is way cheaper to make...for about 10$ you can get about a liter of it vs whatever the price is forthese other ones. Just rubbing alcohol / witch hazel / and ground up aspirins.

Got bumps for the first time last Fri, saw the other bump thread and saw people recommending tea tre oil, used it, but not on the same day I got cut. (thebumps came a day after I got cut) Oil didn't do much, now i'm waiting for "Baxter of California's Razor Bump Relief" to come in the mailword to Julius F. Wrek suggesting it.

Based on other shaving threads, I've switched to just using the Andis T-Outliner and some Nivea aftershave lotion. This works wonders. It's really comfortable, and while my face isn't baby smooth, I can get a close shave without bleeding and/or having a rough, nasty face and neck area. If you're only shaving every now and then, It would probably be great for you, if you're willing to give up the razor shave. I grow hair pretty fast but the Andis lets me shave about twice a week and stay pretty clean.
this minus aftershave lotion.

i just the andis on the face. again it isnt a close shave but it does get the job done for a good week. i just use the andis every week and before i go to thebarber to just clean up what i missed and fix the sideburns.

i got a mad sensitive face, so if the shave is tooo close i get ingrown hairs like no other.

im bout to cop some t-liners soon... i had to find out years ago the hard way that razor blade shaving isnt meant for black ppl
smh.gif

but yea bump patrol works pretty good... i hate razor bumps

Back
Top Bottom