Black Man Lynched by White Teens in Mississippi

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Why do you all want this joint broadcasted on national television? For more violence to ensue and more hate crimes to take place? I live in South Florida myself so, this incident was a few states away. Uplift your spirits man, so many people complain about the stigmas that we as AFRICAN-AMERICANS (I totally HATE the term "Black", I hate that term more than the "N" word and, they have the same meaning) have let materialize, we are some of the biggest racist amongst man. Always throwing derogatory and slandering terms towards other ethinicites. But, when the tables turn, we get infuriated and want to hurl stones at anyone in the vicinity. Even our own kind. We've been are biggest critic and, that in turn makes us obsolete. Our support for one another is very minor, we do not stick together at all. You guys may post pictures of Martin or Malcolm but, what they did for us 30-40 years ago, you guys are not carrying out the dream. If you're such a forgiver of man, FORGET what occured 400 years ago. People have been enslaved over the course of human existence, and, there are still indentured servants to this day. Cats go on worldstar hip-hop everyday, and laugh at themselves doing things that may be deemed idiotic or, but, when something happens close to home, it riles you up. 

The best way to negate violence and racism is to come together, not just one race, but the entire spectrum. African-Americans act as if they are the only ones facing oppression. Wisen up, it starts with YOU! Those same seeds you bring into the world, nuture and cultivate them in the right manner. That's where it starts. I grew up in an urban environment and, I saw it everyday. It is cataclysmic how we bash and belittle one another. We hardly ever support those that we deem associates, friends become enemies in the African-American community far too often. It sickens us to see another individual of our own race w/anything more lucrative or valuable than ours. Stop trying to blame others for your our shortcomings. Do a positive deed and boost the morale of our race by raising the spirits with positive encouragement. The longer you use someone else as a scapegoat for your problems, you will be stuck in that same, neverending saga of blame.

Meh I love the word black, I actually tend to associate the word with positivity but that's because I'm weird and don't completely accept people definitions/associations of the black-white color dichotomy-

Black and the Nword do not have the same meaning, no idea where you got that nonsense from-You don't have to prefer the term but it isn't a derogatory term

It was a derivative/play-on-words and became a slang term  for the word  "negro/niger", which means black...

Because it SOUNDS like a Derogatory term it is Derogatory to you and ur embarrassed by it? You have essentially accepted the white man's definition of what the color black signifies-

I suppose Chinese people should change the name of their country cause it sounds too much like Ch***

Or Nigeria/Niger needs to be called something else

Black is a color not a derogatory term-I'm not letting people dictate what the color means to me-Black, Noire, Negro doesn't equal N*GG#$$

Ironically, many people don't like the word African American either, figures
laugh.gif

im not surprised this happened in mississippi at all, after stayin there for a year its really crazy to see how far behind they are out there

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by solefood229

The DA needs to give his #%! the business

Man I have so much love in my heart for MS but at the same time so much hate..... I would pay for the opportunity to watch this kid get the snot beat out of him by a group of angry black youth..... 

fighting violence with violence.
grin.gif
...And keeping it racially motivated at the same time. Simply seeing this kid "get the snot beat out of him" should be enough. But naw, let's fight hate crimes with hate crimes.

Meh I love the word black, I actually tend to associate the word with positivity but that's because I'm weird and don't completely accept people definitions/associations of the black-white color dichotomy-

Black and the Nword do not have the same meaning, no idea where you got that nonsense from-You don't have to prefer the term but it isn't a derogatory term

It was a derivative/play-on-words and became a slang term  for the word  "negro/niger", which means black...

Because it SOUNDS like a Derogatory term it is Derogatory to you and ur embarrassed by it? You have essentially accepted the white man's definition of what the color black signifies-

I suppose Chinese people should change the name of their country cause it sounds too much like Ch***

Black is a color not a derogatory term-I'm not letting people dictate what the color means to me-Black, Noire, Negro doesn't equal N*GG#$$

laugh.gif

You're getting far to technical. Lol, Im not nitpicking or undermining the color black. I just feel more comfortable w/African American being that we originated from the continent. It's all personal preference per se. I dont knock any person our ethnicity who prefers to be called Black as opposed to African-American. I just embrace African-American as a term moreso than "Black". I may have went overboard saying its a negative conotation but, if people enjoy it, so be it. There's no indifference, we're all the same at days end.  

laugh.gif

You're getting far to technical. Lol, Im not nitpicking or undermining the color black. I just feel more comfortable w/African American being that we originated from the continent. It's all personal preference per se. I dont knock any person our ethnicity who prefers to be called Black as opposed to African-American. I just embrace African-American as a term moreso than "Black". I may have went overboard saying its a negative conotation but, if people enjoy it, so be it. There's no indifference, we're all the same at days end.  

yes, just say its personal preference don't say black means/the same as n***** it's offensive to people who are ACTUALLY proud of that word-just say you embrace African American and leave it at that

Looks like this kid got charged with capital murder. Here is the link to the story on CNN.com & the article below.

CNN) -- A 19-year-old Mississippi man was charged with capital murder Tuesday in the death of an African-American man who died after allegedly being beaten by a group of white teens and run over by a truck, authorities said.

Deryl Paul Dedmon, 19, of Brandon, Mississippi was also charged by a grand jury with hate-crime enhancement in the murder of James Craig Anderson, said Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith.

The indictment alleges that Dedmon killed Anderson while in the commission of committing felony robbery, Smith said in a statement. Anderson's family, however, is asking state and federal officials not to seek the death penalty in the case.

Relatives of Anderson, who died shortly after receiving his injuries on June 26, sent a letter with their request to Smith, saying the family is opposed to the death penalty partly for religious reasons. The indictment against Dedmon alleged Anderson was targeted because of his race.

Dedmon's arraignment has yet to be scheduled, Smith said.Federal authorities have joined the local investigation, and both authorities are determining "the appropriate venue for the prosecution of any remaining suspects," Smith's statement said.

"All options are being considered and with each passing day, more evidence is being gathered," Smith said.

The death of Anderson, 48, occurred early June 26 in Jackson, allegedly at the hands of white teens who, after a night of partying and drinking, decided to go looking for black people to assault, law enforcement officials have said, quoting one of the suspects in the case.

Anderson's death drew national attention after CNN first reported it and aired exclusive surveillance video of the killing, captured by a parking lot security camera in a Jackson suburb.

Smith, the district attorney, has called it "vicious" and a "premeditated hate crime."

The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating the death as a possible federal hate crime and assisting local prosecutors. The killing has also prompted several large marches and prayer vigils in Jackson, a city of about 175,000 people.

A second teen, John Aaron Rice, 18, was initially charged with murder, but a judge reduced the charge to simple assault because Rice was not believed to be driving the vehicle used to kill Anderson.

However, Hinds County prosecutors have said they plan to seek indictments against Rice for murder and a hate crime, and will seek indictments against other teens who were at the scene.

The district attorney's office has not officially commented on the family's request for no death penalty in the case.

Last week, the Anderson family filed a wrongful death suit against all seven of the white teens alleged to have been present at the beating of Anderson that immediately preceded him being run over by the truck. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a nationally recognized organization based in Montgomery, Alabama, that opposes racism and intolerance, joined the lawsuit.

In addition to Dedmon and Rice, the lawsuit names five other teens as taking part in the incident: Sarah Graves of Crystal Springs; Shelbie Richards of Pearl; and William Kirk Montgomery, John Blaylock and Dylan Butler, all of Brandon. None of the five has been arrested or charged.

Anderson, a line worker at a Nissan plant, sang in his church choir, according to the family's attorney, Winston J. Thompson III. He leaves behind his partner of 17 years.

Attorneys for Dedmon and Rice have not responded to requests for comment from CNN.

During a recent bond hearing, Dedmon's attorney told the court he saw nothing to back up the "racial allegations."

A civil trial can proceed at the same time as a criminal case, but often the civil case is delayed pending the resolution of a criminal trial. While a criminal case is pending, a defendant in a civil case may need to invoke the Fifth Amendment.

Authorities believe Dedmon led and instigated the attack, which took place after a night of drinking in largely white Rankin County, outside Jackson.The gang of teens climbed into Dedmon's green truck and a white SUV and drove 16 miles to the western edge of Jackson. They would have seen Anderson immediately as they exited the highway, officials said. He was standing in a hotel parking lot just beyond the exit ramp.

On the videotape obtained exclusively by CNN, the group of teens is seen pulling into the parking lot and stopping where Anderson is standing, although he is just off camera and not visible.

The teens can then be seen going back and forth between their cars and Anderson.

Witnesses told authorities this is when Anderson's beating took place, as the teens yelled racial epithets, including "white power."

Authorities allege Dedmon and many of the other teens pummeled Anderson repeatedly as he crumpled to the ground, although this is not visible on the tape. After the beating, some of the teens left and others got into the green Ford truck.

At this moment, Anderson becomes visible on the tape as he staggers into view and walks toward the truck."Defendant Dedmon drove the F-250 out of the parking lot and turned right onto Ellis Avenue," the lawsuit says. "Just as Dedmon turned right, his headlights shone directly on Anderson, who, having been severely beaten, was stumbling in a grassy area near the motel's entrance. Dedmon accelerated, drove onto and over the street curb, and struck Anderson with the front of the F-250."

Shortly afterward, Dedmon allegedly boasted and laughed about the killing, according to statements some of the teens made to detectives. "I ran that n----- over," he allegedly said in a phone conversation to the teens in the other car. The proceedings of the case are taking place in the Hinds County courthouse, where in 1994 Byron de la Beckwith was convicted in the notorious killing of civil rights leader Medgar Evers in 1963.

im white and can't get over this, 18 year old kids really? how are growing up when they are still this rascist. on another note the leader Deryl Dedmon Jr. is 5 foot, 130 pounds what a pathetic scrawny peice of crap, hope he has fun getting beat and raped in prison on a daily basis

Originally Posted by ethan1710

im white and can't get over this, 18 year old kids really? how are growing up when they are still this rascist. on another note the leader Deryl Dedmon Jr. is 5 foot, 130 pounds what a pathetic scrawny peice of crap, hope he has fun getting beat and raped in prison on a daily basis

what does you being white have to do with this?

just feel like a lot of the white people are coming into this thread trying to justify it by saying blacks kills whites too and trying to play it off like no big deal

ethan1710 wrote:
just feel like a lot of the white people are coming into this thread trying to justify it by saying blacks kills whites too and trying to play it off like no big deal
Does it really surprised you? Those that wear hoods on the weekend & carry tea part memberships like Nikes too. I'm constantly amazed at some of the comments NTers make. Just when I think I've seen the stupidest and/or ignorant comment, I get see another. Prejudice & Racism is alive and well especially in NT.

Originally Posted by psk2310

ethan1710 wrote:
Does it really surprised you? Those that wear hoods on the weekend & carry tea part memberships like Nikes too. I'm constantly amazed at some of the comments NTers make. Just when I think I've seen the stupidest and/or ignorant comment, I get see another. Prejudice & Racism is alive and well especially in NT.
The other side of that coin are the nter's who constantly take shots at Caucasians, Asian and Latins, but think it's justified because they are part of an oppressed minority group. Prejudice & racism are wack as %%%!.

laugh.gif

yes, just say its personal preference don't say black means/the same as n***** it's offensive to people who are ACTUALLY proud of that word-just say you embrace African American and leave it at that
I refuse to refer to blacks as African Americans.  It's akin to lumping all hispanics/latinos as Mexican.  It just sounds so damn proper.  African American.  Black.  I don't ask to be called Caucasian, European American, or any silly term like that.  I'm white.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

ethan1710 wrote:
The other side of that coin are the nter's who constantly take shots at Caucasians, Asian and Latins, but think it's justified because they are part of an oppressed minority group. Prejudice & racism are wack as %%%!.

You're right about other ethnicities on NT taking shots or making ill comments but I disagree with it being justified. Prejudice/hate is wrong no matter what (unless you hate the baltimore ratbirds, jk kinda). 

Originally Posted by moundraised23

soooo one of em got charged with murder & one got charged with simple assault...
thats it?!?!?!?!
My thoughts exactly. There were a whole bunch of kids in the video that was available but remember it's the south...  

Originally Posted by eaalto

I refuse to refer to blacks as African Americans.  It's akin to lumping all hispanics/latinos as Mexican.  It just sounds so damn proper.  African American.  Black.  I don't ask to be called Caucasian, European American, or any silly term like that.  I'm white.

We're all so happy you feel so entitled to make such a decision in reference to another group of people.

Damn privilege really is a *+!$#*%%%+!!....

soooo one of em got charged with murder & one got charged with simple assault...
thats it?!?!?!?!
My thoughts exactly. There were a whole bunch of kids in the video that was available but remember it's the south...  
Truly sucks. I think in my head if it was a close family member of mine that was killed, and only one was convicted. I'd probably go looking for the rest.

thats it?!?!?!?!

wouldnt blame it on the region any more than the screwed/flawed justice system

from the south if that matters, i can grasp where u comin from tho

thats it?!?!?!?!

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there, it has everything to do with the south & "protecting southern heritage"...

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

It sickens me that #$%+ like this still goes on
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I recently moved to the south and unfortunately racism is still going on down here. From all races. Coming from quite possibly one of the most racially diverse areas (Southern California) its hard to believe people are still this ignorant.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

It sickens me that #$%+ like this still goes on
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I recently moved to the south and unfortunately racism is still going on down here. From all races. Coming from quite possibly one of the most racially diverse areas (Southern California) its hard to believe people are still this ignorant.
Where did you move to?

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there, it has everything to do with the south & "protecting southern heritage"...

how so? and no flame towards u, but what do u mean by the bolded part?

Back
Top Bottom