Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!

Basically how I am with ebay sellers. I don't like my money being played with.

qft
Theres soooo many scammers out there. Fake kicks, fake money. Cover yourself.

On a side note, with the Pink foams and many other jordans getting a restock this week, I wonder if the stealths will restock as well? hmmmm :nerd:

It's a scam. Someone was doing the same with the Bred 13's size 10.5. Had 4 pairs for $200 each. You would purchase it then a day or 2 later he would claim his eBay account was messed up and would refund ur money then would send you a paypal invoice for the same price and ask you to pay by invoice.

Wow. I wonder how many people are paying that invoice once their money is refunded. What are his intentions with that? Never have the shoes in the first place and scam with the invoice?

Wow. I wonder how many people are paying that invoice once their money is refunded. What are his intentions with that? Never have the shoes in the first place and scam with the invoice?

scammer gets the money, transfers it out of paypal and then disappears. paypal will usually refund the buyer, but paypal will have a hard time trying to get their money back from the scammer.

i don't deal with any ebay sellers with 0 feedback and fishy listings. on the forums you have to be very skeptical with 0 feedback sellers especially if they have no history on the forum. if it seems too good to be true 99% of the time it's a scam.

Everything I have read says, if anything, go 1/2 size UP.  I'd be wary of this transaction.

Makes sense. He was gonna let me try them on before we made transaction, but it was his stealths, Nuggets cw Question and OG red/white Question for the Cement 88'

Makes sense. He was gonna let me try them on before we made transaction, but it was his stealths, Nuggets cw Question and OG red/white Question for the Cement 88'
Well- that was cool that he was going to let you try them first.  It sucks buying shoes without seeing them in person first, as is the case nowadays thanks to the heightened demand/resellers.  Good luck!

how are everyone's Stealth's holding up to some regular wear?  i'll admit I'm kind of concerned about the soles yellowing so I haven't taken them out of deadstock yet.  I'm thinking of just busting out my Cough Drops since those don't get a lot of love so I might as well use them as my foamposte beater shoe and leave the Stealths in the closet or *gasp* sell/trade them

Mine still look great. I probably wear mine about 1x every week, but always clean my soles with the toothpaste method after each wear. No yellowing on my soles

I think if you clean your soles after every wear (I do), it will slow down the yellowing process. The dirt sitting and penetrating the soles doesn't help.

I think if you clean your soles after every wear (I do), it will slow down the yellowing process. The dirt sitting and penetrating the soles doesn't help.
pimp.gif

what's the best way to clean the bottoms of these? also i haven't even worn mine yet but it has a glue stain on the bottom of the shoe, anyway to take it off? GOO GONE maybe ?

what's the best way to clean the bottoms of these? also i haven't even worn mine yet but it has a glue stain on the bottom of the shoe, anyway to take it off? GOO GONE maybe ?
Use sea glow my dude. Kinda expensive but it's cater towards "Icey"

Use sea glow my dude. Kinda expensive but it's cater towards "Icey"

Please don't put sea glow on these, they don't need them now and never will.
The soles on these aren't icy and aren't supposed to be.
Just clean the sole like you'd clean any other shoes sole. It's not rocket science and these shoes are far from delicate.

Regular sneaker cleaner from the shoe store or Jason markk will work

If you buy these sneakers, DO go up a half size. I've worn mine about 3 times now and they are too tight. Sucks because I really like these sneakers but now I have no use for them.

how are everyone's Stealth's holding up to some regular wear?  i'll admit I'm kind of concerned about the soles yellowing so I haven't taken them out of deadstock yet.  I'm thinking of just busting out my Cough Drops since those don't get a lot of love so I might as well use them as my foamposte beater shoe and leave the Stealths in the closet or *gasp* sell/trade them

decided not to break mine out until summer at the earliest...and maybe even longer. they're boxed up and in the storage closet until further notice. lots of other kicks to put in rotation in the meantime.

Please don't put sea glow on these, they don't need them now and never will.

huh? do you know what seaglow is and what it was originally used for?

all colorless clear or opaque soled shoes will eventually turn yellow or brown. even some of the blue tinted ones do. seaglow corrects and helps to prevent the issue. all it does is restore the original color of the soles, it won't make it clearer than it was to begin with.

all colorless clear or opaque soled shoes will eventually turn yellow or brown. even some of the blue tinted ones do. seaglow corrects and helps to prevent the issue. all it does is restore the original color of the soles, it won't make it clearer than it was to begin with.

the original question was what to use to CLEAN the soles not to unyellow/bring back the original soles so soap and water is the best/easiest answer to that question so i would agree that seaglow is not needed (in any instance for that matter) since retrobrite is so much cheaper and works just as good if not better.

the original question was what to use to CLEAN the soles not to unyellow/bring back the original soles so soap and water is the best/easiest answer to that question so i would agree that seaglow is not needed (in any instance for that matter) since retrobrite is so much cheaper and works just as good if not better.

fair enough. retrobrite is a good alternative to seaglow where yellowing is invovled.

for cleaning i'd also suggest jason markk shoe cleaner. or whitening toothpaste. lots of cheap cleaning methods. main thing as someone else said is to clean the bottoms as soon as you can after wearing instead of letting them sit and giving the grime more time to soak in.

If you buy these sneakers, DO go up a half size. I've worn mine about 3 times now and they are too tight. Sucks because I really like these sneakers but now I have no use for them.

My size 13s were tight too and the option of a half size up in my case is impossible. I wore them Around the house on weekends and put wood shoe inserts from my dress shoes to spread them out. Fit much more comfortably now.

As far as the yellowing theory, I used glow on my clear sole Jordan's...but the pics of these foams with the soles dyed black look really good to me. I saved the instructions and bought materials to do that like a year from now.

Last edited:

Dude, calm down. There's no way a pair of shoes released in December would need sea glow and because of the grey tint to the sole I don't anticipate these will ever visibly yellow to the point of needing sea glow.

Unless you guys are using your stealths as rain boots or storing them in a damp garage/basement, it's not that serious.

I went up half a size and worn them a couple of times now, still tight on my foot but still my 2nd fav shoe I own atm

Dude, calm down. There's no way a pair of shoes released in December would need sea glow and because of the grey tint to the sole I don't anticipate these will ever visibly yellow to the point of needing sea glow.

Unless you guys are using your stealths as rain boots or storing them in a damp garage/basement, it's not that serious.

dude, the question was asked. i answered. not that serious right?

Back
Top Bottom