Black students fleeing Mizzou

NC A&T was lit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Both of my grandparents went to A&T and my grandfather would take me to homecoming. Homecoming was littttt......

Transferring from Virginia State, Norfolk State, or Virginia Union will cause you to lose some credits. I have friends that transferred from each school to another VA school in the same major, they all lost some credits.

I transferred from CNU to VCU and didn't lose a single credit.

Transferring from Virginia State, Norfolk State, or Virginia Union will cause you to lose some credits. I have friends that transferred from each school to another VA school in the same major, they all lost some credits.

Virginia Union is trash I heard. My cousin used to work there and he told me they don't have any resources.

They're a lot of factors that factor in to that., state vs private school, major, school you attended, etc...

Exactly cats go from majoring in computer science at one school to mass comm at another and think the stuff will transfer, or same majors but differenr accreditations etc.
just sharing my experience I went from a accredited HBCU to a public PWI and they weren't messing with those HBCU credits

IMO if you live in the west or east that HBCU conglomerate really isn't the move
You mind sharing which one you went to?

I went to NC A&T ...and folks I know who transferred to UNC or NC State never had those issues. A&T was a state school so that might've made things a lot easier. I know going to smaller private schools whether it's a hbcu or pwi can make transferring a lot more trickier if it's to a state school 

Yeah I went to Claflin University in SC for my 1st and half of my 2nd year. Was moving back to NYC and I was just trying to find any college in the city to take any of credits. Didn't work :x didn't even want ENG101 :lol: so I started all over and just took extra classes during summer and winter to make up those classes

My homie transferred from TSU to U of H and all his credits were accepted. It depends on the school.

I almost transferred to UNCC after my freshman year and they were going to take all my credits except one class. Wouldn't have been a big deal because I could've made it up during the summer 

Yeah I went to Claflin University in SC for my 1st and half of my 2nd year. Was moving back to NYC and I was just trying to find any college in the city to take any of credits. Didn't work
sick.gif
didn't even want ENG101
laugh.gif
so I started all over and just took extra classes during summer and winter to make up those classes
Now I see why 
laugh.gif
...that's a small private hbcu right? but damn that sucks because I know you had to shell out some money for that one year ...that's what happen to folks that go to Shaw, Livingstone, and some other smaller hbcus here in NC 

Virginia Union is trash I heard. My cousin used to work there and he told me they don't have any resources.
Union is a trash private HBCU, 30K a year for nothing essentially. 

Union is literally a block away from VCU and VCU doesn't take their credits 
laugh.gif

Just stated these schools because it happens, you transfer and lose credits.

As with anything the choice between schools is situational. I grew up in a predominantly black area but went to a PWI (Elon). Which in a way was good for me as I got to be around different people and found out how to deal with white supremacists and direct racism, or just be around regular white people for that matter.

My girl on the other hand grew up in a predominantly white area and dealt with all kinds of racism but went to a HBCU (Hampton) and finally got to be around more black people and get the "black experience".

My experience was good for me and her experience was good for her given both of our individual backgrounds.

As with anything the choice between schools is situational. I grew up in a predominantly black area but went to a PWI (Elon). Which in a way was good for me as I got to be around different people and found out how to deal with white supremacists and direct racism, or just be around regular white people for that matter.

My girl on the other hand grew up in a predominantly white area and dealt with all kinds of racism but went to a HBCU (Hampton) and finally got to be around more black people and get the "black experience".

My experience was good for me and her experience was good for her given both of our individual backgrounds.
Oh ****...would've never expected you to name drop Elon as your alma mater 
eek.gif

very nice campus...school is the definition of PWI besides athletics lol

but my story is more like your girls...went to majority white schools all my life so I needed a change. 

Last edited:
Oh ****...would've never expected you to name drop Elon as your alma mater :wow:

but my story is more like your girls...went to majority white schools all my life so I needed a change. 
Same w me.

Oh ****...would've never expected you to name drop Elon as your alma mater :wow:

Yeah champ I figured everyone else was sharing and telling stories about their school experience so why not me. I had a great time at Elon and made the most out of it. Spent a lot of my weekends at different schools partying and definitely hung out at your alma mater (A&T) as well. Loved the AKA's there..(Alpha Phi chapter).

Last edited:
appreciate you sharing that 
nthat.gif

are paths probably crossed and we had no idea 
laugh.gif
 cool thing about NT 

appreciate you sharing that 
nthat.gif

are paths probably crossed and we had no idea 
laugh.gif
 cool thing about NT 
No doubt champ, holla. I miss those late night runs to Cookout for burgers and hush puppies.....I love North Carolina.
meant to say OUR* 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
 but yea cookout was the clutch late night spot in college. I barely mess with it now because I ate there so much back then lol

Cookout came to ATL and crushed the fast food burger buildings lol. I was amazed the amount of stuff me and my girl ordered and it was like 10 bucks

i feel like in a few years its gonna come out that its something wrong with cook out's meat or some **** because they give you so much food for 5-6 bucks

until then imma flourish tho

if they went nationwide they would have the fast food game sewed up

i feel like in a few years its gonna come out that its something wrong with cook out's meat or some **** because they give you so much food for 5-6 bucks

until then imma flourish tho

if they went nationwide they would have the fast food game sewed up

yea they gotta be using Cancer cows or something or they run on thin margins, or the fact they dont any marketing (in atlanta at least) may keep the cost down.

Back
Top Bottom