Black/Varisty Red VI....should I sell them....vol. missed out on Infrared's

you can find infrareds for cheap... just gotta keep an eye in the buy/sell... either way, dont sell your varsity reds unless you want to unload them for CHEAP, cause that's all your gonna get offered

i bought a pair of varsity reds in january no knowing for sure what the deal for a pack
- got rid of them for retail $150 and this was before the IP dropped (when it was confirmed)
& most others still had no clue
i consider that a loss too because it was all a waste of time

but with the IP black pair released, i don't know how you could settle for those varsity reds
regardless of upper materials

i bought a pair of varsity reds in january no knowing for sure what the deal for a pack
- got rid of them for retail $150 and this was before the IP dropped (when it was confirmed)
& most others still had no clue
i consider that a loss too because it was all a waste of time

but with the IP black pair released, i don't know how you could settle for those varsity reds
regardless of upper materials

since i've had them both, i can say
the varsity red and the ip black/infrared are so similiar in quality
the infrared wins hands down by colorway alone

yet both still remain so similiar, its not a big deal
but don't fool yourself

since i've had them both, i can say
the varsity red and the ip black/infrared are so similiar in quality
the infrared wins hands down by colorway alone

yet both still remain so similiar, its not a big deal
but don't fool yourself

Why the hell would they release the Infras in the next 2 years when they just released them last year after waiting 10 years to release them again?

I don't know if you'd get buyers bidding at the most, $150 for the V/reds but you could try. If you have some money and you really want the infra just try looking for anyone selling just the black ones. I don't know how someone could dislike the white ones though since it was the first time they've ever retrod and they are amazing.

Why the hell would they release the Infras in the next 2 years when they just released them last year after waiting 10 years to release them again?

I don't know if you'd get buyers bidding at the most, $150 for the V/reds but you could try. If you have some money and you really want the infra just try looking for anyone selling just the black ones. I don't know how someone could dislike the white ones though since it was the first time they've ever retrod and they are amazing.

quality on the varsity reds is actually very nice. my soles are still ice, whereas my DS infrared pack has already yellowed.

keep em.

quality on the varsity reds is actually very nice. my soles are still ice, whereas my DS infrared pack has already yellowed.

keep em.

I wouldn't sell em, Vreds stay icy....even after several wears. IFPs seem to be rotting in the box already.
I love my Vreds and plenty of people even FL employees thought they were IFPs. Think about it.

I wouldn't sell em, Vreds stay icy....even after several wears. IFPs seem to be rotting in the box already.
I love my Vreds and plenty of people even FL employees thought they were IFPs. Think about it.

Same shoes with a slight color diffrence... I bought both varsity red 6's ..white and the black for 100 a pop... I'm fine with that... I didn't even care about the pack once I saw the only diffrence was a lighter red...to each is own though

Same shoes with a slight color diffrence... I bought both varsity red 6's ..white and the black for 100 a pop... I'm fine with that... I didn't even care about the pack once I saw the only diffrence was a lighter red...to each is own though

Originally Posted by shoefreak77

i dont think there is much of a market for the VR VI...but maybe i am wrong...if you want to unload them, i am sure you will find a buyer, but it might not be for the price you are looking for.
-sf77
^^ What he said.  Considering that the black/V-Reds have sat so long at some outlet stores that they have been seen as low as $70 (yes, even a-grades), I think it's safe to say you're not getting jack for them if you sell them.  Besides, you could easily wear your pair into the ground by the time (if) a re-release of the infrareds comes around again, so it really doesn't make sense that you'd want to sell them to hold out for infrareds.  The only reason you should be considering selling them right now is because you really don't want them.  Just keep in mind you'll be taking quite the hit.  And if you truly want infrareds, just buy a black pair separately.  As others have mentioned, they pop up fairly frequently on eBay or NT, and it's not like they're going to be any cheaper than they are now if they re-release.

Originally Posted by shoefreak77

i dont think there is much of a market for the VR VI...but maybe i am wrong...if you want to unload them, i am sure you will find a buyer, but it might not be for the price you are looking for.
-sf77
^^ What he said.  Considering that the black/V-Reds have sat so long at some outlet stores that they have been seen as low as $70 (yes, even a-grades), I think it's safe to say you're not getting jack for them if you sell them.  Besides, you could easily wear your pair into the ground by the time (if) a re-release of the infrareds comes around again, so it really doesn't make sense that you'd want to sell them to hold out for infrareds.  The only reason you should be considering selling them right now is because you really don't want them.  Just keep in mind you'll be taking quite the hit.  And if you truly want infrareds, just buy a black pair separately.  As others have mentioned, they pop up fairly frequently on eBay or NT, and it's not like they're going to be any cheaper than they are now if they re-release.

Back
Top Bottom