Black Woman's letter to Essence magazine about her rich racist husband

Unfortunately this is a lot more common than you think. She has told him to stop, but he continues to disrespect her in the disgusting way that he does...and even justifies the abuse.
There's only one reason why the abuse continues. Its her. She is allowing him to treat her this way. It would take one sock filled with D batteries to connect with his face in the middle of the night to end all the racial slurs.
If she wasnt about that life, then a phone call to the cousins would be all it took. This lady needs to file for divorce. If she stays then she has nobody to blsme but herself.

Last edited:
She's earning her keep, in my opinion...if you're willing to put up with that for a few dollars, then you deserve everything you get...and moreover, are everything he's calling you. Zero sympathy.

She got what she signed up for. Literally swapped dignity for a fancy lifestyle. I don't see where she expects sympathy, especially after her comments on black men.
Girls back home do the same thing. I want a rich Arab man to take care of me like my fellow poor Sudanese men can't. But when those men don't treat them right, they act like they deserve sympathy

She's earning her keep, in my opinion...if you're willing to put up with that for a few dollars, then you deserve everything you get...and moreover, are everything he's calling you. Zero sympathy.

Oh well.

She got what she wanted. The $$$ lifestyle

What advise does she expect to receive from Essence? She already made it clear she doesn't want to leave him, and if he doesn't love her enough to refrain from calling her a ***** ***** she needs to shut her trap and accept it. Why is she so dependent on him if she also attended an Ivy league school? Nobody should feel bad for this woman. She is embarrassed to tell her story, yet she isn't embarrassed to stay with the man.

Last edited:
Some black women would do anything and get with anything just so they don't have to end up with a black  man (or alone for that matter). Kind of sad, reminds me of a website called Lipstick Alley. 

Some black women would do anything and get with anything just so they don't have to end up with a black  man (or alone for that matter). Kind of sad, reminds me of a website called Lipstick Alley. 
Seen that website, bunch of bitter *******.

Don't feel bad for the wife whatsoever. She's an idiot that obviously married for financial gain. Be careful what you wish for babe

I don't feel sorry for that women one bit.  She is getting exactly what she signed up for.  She's learning the hard way just like Halle Berry had to learn the hard way when she started dissing brothas as well, and the same thing happened to her. 

Hell yeah...

A lot of minorities think that dating a blonde hair blue eyed big breast female is the ultimate trophy :smh:

That's what society and the media seem like the end all be all though :rolleyes

I don't feel sorry for that women one bit.  She is getting exactly what she signed up for.  She's learning the hard way just like Halle Berry had to learn the hard way when she started dissing brothas as well, and the same thing happened to her. 

mean.gif

Severe case of the Negro Bed Wench Mentality *Tariq Nasheed voice*
Exactly, was listening to this podcast the other day.

I don't feel bad for her, she doesn't have to be with dude. But I bet the money keep calling her

right ...

Because a white dude from "old money" wouldn't harbor such ancient ideas...

And a black woman wouldn't sacrifice her dignity by shaming brothers and holding white men up.

Got it.
lol i know right it aint like there isnt a tv show that is the most popular show amongst black women that basically depicts this very idea.......as if black woman can be this scandalous.

Hell the very same mindset is used in the whole "independent" i dont need no man etc... im a single black woman/mom etc... only difference is substitute husband with government and society...which to be real is whites at large...same results...same mindset

I work at whole foods and the majority of people who purchase items there are pretty wealthy at least well off. All of the black women I see are either single or married to a white man. I feel as If the mentality is either "_ ain't _" or "I deserve a wealthy white man". I get that vibe from them. It's quite sad to see.

Back
Top Bottom