Blu Ray - Your take? Yay or nay.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Cekpethobce

do any of you actually BUY movies? i really dont see a point in a blu ray or hd dvd player

i buy movies all the time.

yes with an HDMI cable it cannot over component because its not a true digital signal...
the ps3 does a terrible job at upconverting compared to a $40 dollar Upconvert player

Gotta disagree here Cinco. PS3 does one thing right, movie playback. IMO it upconverts beautifully.

word? maybe theres something wrong im doing, or in the settings. ive tried many movies, and theyre the same !++* . i go to my buddies crib where he has a42" insignia tv with $50 rca upconvert and its way better.

$40 a movie? I've never seen it like that, and to be honest I get my blu-rays cheaper than DVD prices at retail. There's always Buy 1 Get 1's to behad, granted not as much you just have to look for them. The most I've ever paid is $19.99 and that is for I, Robot which retails for $35. I don't buymine off people too, I get mines from the stores. It usually ends up being between $10-15 a pop which is under the retail for DVD's.

i just got a ps3, but i doubt i will get any blu rays for a while since all the movies i like and would buy are really old. not to mention it's hooked upto a 10 year old tv...

I say yay. Blu Ray + HDTV =
pimp.gif

Downloads are the future
wink.gif

As long as you're not talking about taking over then no, maybe for very FEW. The idea of that is not very'user-friendly' at all (for the masses). Blu-rays aren't the future either, not everyone cares about hi-def.
do any of you actually BUY movies? i really dont see a point in a blu ray or hd dvd player
This is a sad statement. I still do on a weekly basis, DVD's, Blu-rays, CD's, all of that. Bootlegging is wack, you're probablyagainst fake sneakers though, right?

I would see which games you want to play, etc. If you're real big on Halo and Gears of War, maybe you wanna get the Xbox. If you're a big Metal GearSolid dude, then maybe get the PS3. At this point in the game, they're looking pretty equal. They're both getting big name releases like Call of Duty,GTA, and Resident Evil. If you like renting movies, Xbox has HD movie rental downloads. PS3 has Blu-Ray, which you could rent or buy. I got my Xbox when Halo 3came out, and I really wanted to play that, so I chose that over the PS3. I don't have any regrets, and Blu-Ray isn't a big priority for me anyway.DVDs look great on my HD set.

But actually right now, Smash Bros. on the Wii is getting most of my play time.

Back
Top Bottom