Blueprint III revisited. Where does this belong in the decade? 2000-2010

blueprint_3_cover.jpg

I really like this album. Its a mature sound and the lyricism shows a man that pays homage to his own past while trying to gain a few fans and balancing old ones.

I don't wanna use the word "Modern Day Classic" but there is some really good music on here.

After listening to Jay's explanation of his D.O.A. in the Warren Buffet/Forbes interview, I understand why his sound has always been kinda unique. A lot of his songs age really well and thats because he doesn't really fall into trends like that.

Thoughts?

blueprint_3_cover.jpg

I really like this album. Its a mature sound and the lyricism shows a man that pays homage to his own past while trying to gain a few fans and balancing old ones.

I don't wanna use the word "Modern Day Classic" but there is some really good music on here.

After listening to Jay's explanation of his D.O.A. in the Warren Buffet/Forbes interview, I understand why his sound has always been kinda unique. A lot of his songs age really well and thats because he doesn't really fall into trends like that.

Thoughts?

jay was spittin on the whole thing but some wack beats/hooks keep it from being anything close to a classic...

jay was spittin on the whole thing but some wack beats/hooks keep it from being anything close to a classic...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 It was an ok album, nothing to write home about. AG was a modern day classic.
Would've been better without Off That and Venus Vs. Mars

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 It was an ok album, nothing to write home about. AG was a modern day classic.
Would've been better without Off That and Venus Vs. Mars

Decent. The hook game was annoying and second rate and the production was Doo Doo. Some decent songs on here though. *$* just didn't sound like a "Hov album" to me.

Decent. The hook game was annoying and second rate and the production was Doo Doo. Some decent songs on here though. *$* just didn't sound like a "Hov album" to me.

Enh..album.

I have more appreciation for Thank You and Already Home now than I did when i originally listened to it.

Enh..album.

I have more appreciation for Thank You and Already Home now than I did when i originally listened to it.

album was dope....not top 5 in his catlogue or nutin tho....but for the time period and climate of music we in now, the album had major legs...a year after its release it held down his half of the home and home tour w Em...not to mention the countless amount of concerts he had prior

Reminder was the worst song on the album...he shud have went w his gut and left it off....Timbaland production was the most disappointing part about the whole project

album was dope....not top 5 in his catlogue or nutin tho....but for the time period and climate of music we in now, the album had major legs...a year after its release it held down his half of the home and home tour w Em...not to mention the countless amount of concerts he had prior

Reminder was the worst song on the album...he shud have went w his gut and left it off....Timbaland production was the most disappointing part about the whole project

I really enjoyed this album I dont get why so many people hated on it when it first came out. So many songs to like.

run this town
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

real as it gets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thank you
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

already home
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

a star is born
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

empier state of mind
pimp.gif

I really enjoyed this album I dont get why so many people hated on it when it first came out. So many songs to like.

run this town
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

real as it gets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thank you
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

already home
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

a star is born
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

empier state of mind
pimp.gif

dope album, sounded alot more commercial than his other albums but A Star Is Born is one of my fav tracks off this album

dope album, sounded alot more commercial than his other albums but A Star Is Born is one of my fav tracks off this album

it's one of the decades best commercial rap albums easily

I still bump What We Talkin Bout, Thank You, Already Home and Hate alot
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it's one of the decades best commercial rap albums easily

I still bump What We Talkin Bout, Thank You, Already Home and Hate alot
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Would've been better without Off That and Venus Vs. Mars "Reminder"
Still a good listen, however, but the album is above-average at best.

Back
Top Bottom