Blueprint III revisited. Where does this belong in the decade? 2000-2010

didn't like the album it had a lot of wack songs like hater, reminder, forever young, off that and venus vs mars.

didn't like the album it had a lot of wack songs like hater, reminder, forever young, off that and venus vs mars.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Do not understand the hate for "Haters" did yall completely erase Jay-Z's verse? Ye's was weak but Jay-Z's was stellar

#*$+'s just wack, Jay doing that Big Sean flow just makes me cringe. 

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Do not understand the hate for "Haters" did yall completely erase Jay-Z's verse? Ye's was weak but Jay-Z's was stellar

#*$+'s just wack, Jay doing that Big Sean flow just makes me cringe. 

^^thats what im sayin... the"Haters" dislike is the most surprising thing to me

i think off that and reminder will be the consistent disliked...venus vs mars and forever young can go either way tho

^^thats what im sayin... the"Haters" dislike is the most surprising thing to me

i think off that and reminder will be the consistent disliked...venus vs mars and forever young can go either way tho

Album was basura, Jay's lame attempt at capturing a modern sound.

Cam*How you claim you an 80 baby when you born in 1969*CAM

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And what numbers is Kitten Cam doing nowadays?To OP: One of Jay's stronger albums. The thing is not ONE of Jay's albums is "basura" although some are better than others, not even Kingdom Come which imo is actually an UNDERRATED album from him. I would probably put BP3 in Jay's top 5 or 6 (RD, BP, TBA, AG, BP3/KC). In terms of this decade? There's a TON of great LPs across pop/rock/hip-hop that deserves merit so it's hard to place. Gotta think about this one.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And what numbers is Kitten Cam doing nowadays?To OP: One of Jay's stronger albums. The thing is not ONE of Jay's albums is "basura" although some are better than others, not even Kingdom Come which imo is actually an UNDERRATED album from him. I would probably put BP3 in Jay's top 5 or 6 (RD, BP, TBA, AG, BP3/KC). In terms of this decade? There's a TON of great LPs across pop/rock/hip-hop that deserves merit so it's hard to place. Gotta think about this one.

I REALLY liked:
"What We Talkin Bout"
"Empire State Of Mind"
"Young Forever"
"Already Home"

I liked:
"D.O.A."
"Venus vs Mars"
"Run This Town"

I didn't care for:
"Thank You" - It wasn't completely awful but the Slick Rick accent just wasn't doin it for me... And the song has been EXTREMELY overrated on NT

"Real As It Gets" - Not a bad song, just doesn't belong on this album... I'm sure this would've helped of TM103 get a release date tho... Once again Jeezy loses

"A Star Is Born" - I know... I know, it features NTs darling J Cole and I'm sure he "BODIED" the verse and all, but there's really nothing too good about this song, he's just shoutin out a bunch of artists that were big... Not orginial by ANYmeans, the hook and beat are just down right AWFUL...

I HATED:
"On To The Next One" - Sure I'll rock to it in the club and act like its good... But its NOT. Beat is annoying, sounds like somethin that shuldve came out in the early 2000s (its no wonder Swizz produced it)

"Off That" - This is just AWFUL... You get an MC as great as Mr Knowles, and a new talent the calibur of Aubrey & Timbaland on the boards and THIS is the end result?? This is absolutely unacceptable... "Light Up" made up for it, but its GREATness just made this collab look EVEN worse (if possible)

"Hate" - Mr Knowles & Mr West could've done A LOT better than this... They HAVE done better than this... I just can't stand that "err" flow

"Reminder" - Just a bad song... Timbaland & Stedman have NO business makin ANYthing this bad...

"Ambitious" - See "Reminder"

I REALLY liked:
"What We Talkin Bout"
"Empire State Of Mind"
"Young Forever"
"Already Home"

I liked:
"D.O.A."
"Venus vs Mars"
"Run This Town"

I didn't care for:
"Thank You" - It wasn't completely awful but the Slick Rick accent just wasn't doin it for me... And the song has been EXTREMELY overrated on NT

"Real As It Gets" - Not a bad song, just doesn't belong on this album... I'm sure this would've helped of TM103 get a release date tho... Once again Jeezy loses

"A Star Is Born" - I know... I know, it features NTs darling J Cole and I'm sure he "BODIED" the verse and all, but there's really nothing too good about this song, he's just shoutin out a bunch of artists that were big... Not orginial by ANYmeans, the hook and beat are just down right AWFUL...

I HATED:
"On To The Next One" - Sure I'll rock to it in the club and act like its good... But its NOT. Beat is annoying, sounds like somethin that shuldve came out in the early 2000s (its no wonder Swizz produced it)

"Off That" - This is just AWFUL... You get an MC as great as Mr Knowles, and a new talent the calibur of Aubrey & Timbaland on the boards and THIS is the end result?? This is absolutely unacceptable... "Light Up" made up for it, but its GREATness just made this collab look EVEN worse (if possible)

"Hate" - Mr Knowles & Mr West could've done A LOT better than this... They HAVE done better than this... I just can't stand that "err" flow

"Reminder" - Just a bad song... Timbaland & Stedman have NO business makin ANYthing this bad...

"Ambitious" - See "Reminder"

I have the Dynasty album ranked ahead of this in my head.

Best song on it was Already Home.

I have the Dynasty album ranked ahead of this in my head.

Best song on it was Already Home.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Where does it rank in the decade?? Not in the top 100... Prolly not top 200... Maybe #246...

Sounds about right to me.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Where does it rank in the decade?? Not in the top 100... Prolly not top 200... Maybe #246...

Sounds about right to me.

I just listened to this from front to back for the 1st time in 2010 just last week.  I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

And "On To The Next One" is one of the best tracks Swizz has made in YEARS (not saying too much, but still)...

Only track that is absolute CERTIFIED basura for me is "Off That"...

& "So Ambitious" is a personal fav...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom