Blueprint III revisited. Where does this belong in the decade? 2000-2010

Besides a few verses, can someone please tell me what Jay was talking about on this album? All he did was talk about himself or his "value" to the game. What stories did he tell? What bragging did he do that made you say "oh %**@!!" like we've all done in the past? Not impressed with this album. If this was Wayne, Nas, or Eminem, there'd be a LOT more hate. Hov gets the "I'm #1 on most people's list" pass when his stuff is subpar ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Besides a few verses, can someone please tell me what Jay was talking about on this album? All he did was talk about himself or his "value" to the game. What stories did he tell? What bragging did he do that made you say "oh %**@!!" like we've all done in the past? Not impressed with this album. If this was Wayne, Nas, or Eminem, there'd be a LOT more hate. Hov gets the "I'm #1 on most people's list" pass when his stuff is subpar ...

To that point though, WHAT else can he talk about? Dude has pretty much done it all in terms of rapping. He's damn sure not believable talking about the hood anymore.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

To that point though, WHAT else can he talk about? Dude has pretty much done it all in terms of rapping. He's damn sure not believable talking about the hood anymore.

Hate to break it to you illfrozn, but hip-hop is the definition of braggadocio music. That's the stuff that SELLS.

Besides what the hell you want him to talk about? Hustling? He's a made man now. Like he said, he's on his new %$*. You want his old %$*? Buy his old album...either way, he wins.

Hate to break it to you illfrozn, but hip-hop is the definition of braggadocio music. That's the stuff that SELLS.

Besides what the hell you want him to talk about? Hustling? He's a made man now. Like he said, he's on his new %$*. You want his old %$*? Buy his old album...either way, he wins.

the album where i officially stopped buying jay z affiliated products
im not gonna act like i've bought an album in the past 8 years or so but this completely turned me off to rocawear boxers

im not gonna act like i've bought an album in the past 8 years or so but this completely turned me off to rocawear boxers

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

lol..?

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

lol..?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

The other proved that he could still produce hit singles (Run This Town, Empire State Of Mind).

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

Empire State Of Mine (#1)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 
I swear some of you are so %!*$+$% clueless. If you have the budget to get Rihanna, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats on songs along with production by Kanye and No ID, it doesn't prove anything. The only thing that old $$* %@*@# contributed those 5 songs was the na-na-na-na on DOA. Give TIME a Rihanna hook on a Kanye beat and he's going platinum.

You're a damn idiot. You DO realize that making hit songs on a consistent basis is an art that Jay pulls off as well as anyone in music today right? You don't just throw big names and production on a song and voilà you go multi-platinum. Same is said for movies and video games as well.You don't have to like BP3 but what you said was ignorant.

First of all I didn't say I didn't like BP3 nor did I say anything about going multi-platinum, so shut your illiterate !%* up
Obviously it takes a little bit more, but I hope you're not naive enough to think that isn't a large of the process. If what you were saying was the case then I'm sure he'd rather pay for less known artists then break the bank on A-Listers. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The other proved that he could still produce hit singles (Run This Town, Empire State Of Mind).

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 
I swear some of you are so %!*$+$% clueless. If you have the budget to get Rihanna, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats on songs along with production by Kanye and No ID, it doesn't prove anything. The only thing that old $$* %@*@# contributed those 5 songs was the na-na-na-na on DOA. Give TIME a Rihanna hook on a Kanye beat and he's going platinum.

You're a damn idiot. You DO realize that making hit songs on a consistent basis is an art that Jay pulls off as well as anyone in music today right? You don't just throw big names and production on a song and voilà you go multi-platinum. Same is said for movies and video games as well.You don't have to like BP3 but what you said was ignorant.

First of all I didn't say I didn't like BP3 nor did I say anything about going multi-platinum, so shut your illiterate !%* up
Obviously it takes a little bit more, but I hope you're not naive enough to think that isn't a large of the process. If what you were saying was the case then I'm sure he'd rather pay for less known artists then break the bank on A-Listers. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

But not all hip-hop is straight bragging music. Hell, I don't mind it, but I like a mix. And if this dude is the GOAT and has given us more than just bragging, why can I not expect more especially when he is where he is at in life? And that's not all that sells (see Drake, see Eminem, see Nas). Plus, anybody 42 years old running around constantly talking about themselves [in real life] would look like a fool. Yet, this cat does it for nearly an hour of our time on this CD. And he doesn't have to worry, I've got the old %+++ and it gets more plays by far than the new %+++. The new %+++ gets a blank disc with my handwriting on it ...

He doesn't have to talk about the hood in regards to him on a street corner, but there are major issues going on in the hood that a man of his stature could really try and speak on. I mean, do you think U2 is talking about the same %+++ as 20 years ago? I just personally think Jay's well has dried up, topic wise. Why not talk about the industry more indepthly? Why not a love song that's not mushy? Yes, he's done some of these topics before, but hell, his #1 topic is bragging, so if he can constantly dwell on his self worth, he can dwell on more important things. And he can stop the constant name-dropping too ...

But not all hip-hop is straight bragging music. Hell, I don't mind it, but I like a mix. And if this dude is the GOAT and has given us more than just bragging, why can I not expect more especially when he is where he is at in life? And that's not all that sells (see Drake, see Eminem, see Nas). Plus, anybody 42 years old running around constantly talking about themselves [in real life] would look like a fool. Yet, this cat does it for nearly an hour of our time on this CD. And he doesn't have to worry, I've got the old %+++ and it gets more plays by far than the new %+++. The new %+++ gets a blank disc with my handwriting on it ...

He doesn't have to talk about the hood in regards to him on a street corner, but there are major issues going on in the hood that a man of his stature could really try and speak on. I mean, do you think U2 is talking about the same %+++ as 20 years ago? I just personally think Jay's well has dried up, topic wise. Why not talk about the industry more indepthly? Why not a love song that's not mushy? Yes, he's done some of these topics before, but hell, his #1 topic is bragging, so if he can constantly dwell on his self worth, he can dwell on more important things. And he can stop the constant name-dropping too ...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'm really not understand how people like this bum %*# album
QFT

i forgot to list some other songs i don't like on the album so ambitious and as real as it gets, BP III is easily one of his worst albums in his catalog

QFT

i forgot to list some other songs i don't like on the album so ambitious and as real as it gets, BP III is easily one of his worst albums in his catalog

QFT

QFT

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Jay is selling a product. You APPEAL to the target audience by putting a popular name, brand, etc. on it to reel customers in. What, you're CRITICIZING him for doing this? What do you think EVERY relevant and successful pop musician have been doing since forever? However, the product still needs to have substance for customers to keep buying (or listening) to the product. Jay has had that in his songs, if he didn't he wouldn't stay on top of the charts for weeks on end. Jay writes his own songs, constructs his own music, oversees his own music, chooses whom he wants to work and produce with and how the song should be put together, and ALSO works on marketing his product. He does a LITTLE more than just sing "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" as you wrongfully exaggerated. He ain't a dummy.

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Jay is selling a product. You APPEAL to the target audience by putting a popular name, brand, etc. on it to reel customers in. What, you're CRITICIZING him for doing this? What do you think EVERY relevant and successful pop musician have been doing since forever? However, the product still needs to have substance for customers to keep buying (or listening) to the product. Jay has had that in his songs, if he didn't he wouldn't stay on top of the charts for weeks on end. Jay writes his own songs, constructs his own music, oversees his own music, chooses whom he wants to work and produce with and how the song should be put together, and ALSO works on marketing his product. He does a LITTLE more than just sing "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" as you wrongfully exaggerated. He ain't a dummy.

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

jay was spittin on the whole thing but some wack beats/hooks keep it from being anything close to a classic...

Gotta go with time here. Dope verses but too many wack songs

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

jay was spittin on the whole thing but some wack beats/hooks keep it from being anything close to a classic...

Gotta go with time here. Dope verses but too many wack songs

Back
Top Bottom