BMW 4-Series (former 3-Series Coupe) - M3/M4 = 430HP Twin-Turbo I6

WTF? Sportback, BLS? I guess I retract my prior statements but I still stand that it just seems stupid. Honestly the Sportback doesn't look sleeker, it looks way chunkier and bigger than it's coupe brother. While the 6 grand coupe looks like the 6-series with an additional 2 doors. 6GC is still sleek and low and long, almost Aston Rapide-like while that Sportsback looks more like a smaller A7. :smh:

Last edited:
really feelin this
pimp.gif

BMW wanted to name the coupes the 4 series since the e90/92 came out. We'll see if they finally will this time around.

That said..i WILL be getting one of these in a couple of years.

i mean mercedes to me has a lot of different car models

imo BMW did not need to add another model to there car selection 
why not? everyone else is doing it. whats the harm in more variety? its as if BMW is breaking some moral code or something..

3 series = 5 passenger sedan

4 series = 4 passenger coupe

4 series GC = 4 passenger sedan (im assuming). when the 4 series comes out, it'll start turning heads!

oh, and that fender vent is functional!

this.! its funny.. should this have came out before the current gen accord coupe, everyone would be saying how Honda ripped off BMW.. none the less, this is one sexy car.!

not the first person to say this, it does look like it but I like it

need more of da interior pics

why not? everyone else is doing it. whats the harm in more variety? its as if BMW is breaking some moral code or something..

3 series = 5 passenger sedan

4 series = 4 passenger coupe

4 series GC = 4 passenger sedan (im assuming). when the 4 series comes out, it'll start turning heads!

oh, and that fender vent is functional!
so let me get this straight: the 3 and 4GC will be built on the same platform but you're just getting one less seat in the GC?

so let me get this straight: the 3 and 4GC will be built on the same platform but you're just getting one less seat in the GC?
negatory. They are different cars. the 3 is built as a 3 series (what its always been). The 4GC is a 4 door coupe. (like the CLS, audi a7, bmw 6 series GC, porsche panamera etc.).

The 4 series gran coupe is going to be "sleeker, sportier and more exclusive"

its confusing but this is how it goes:

3 series will always be what it used to be. However it wont have a coupe model, because its now the 4 series. The price isnt changing, just the name. But, the 4 series will also have a gran coupe model which is 2 added doors. The 4 passenger part is what im assuming, I havent read anything that negates that or confirms! I can definately see the possibility of it having a 4+1 seating style.

Last edited:
3 series will always be what it used to be. However it wont have a coupe model, because its now the 4 series. The price isnt changing, just the name. But, the 4 series will also have a gran coupe model which is 2 added doors. The 4 passenger part is what im assuming, I havent read anything that negates that or confirms! I can definately see the possibility of it having a 4+1 seating style.

But the current 3-series isn't what it used to be, it was meant to be a small sports car/sedan, it is not a size of the older 5-series. It's much bigger, longer and wider these days.

A 4-series GC will have a very tight backseat if not practically useless, the 6-series GC is already somewhat cramped and that is much longer. But a 4-series GC could work if they make a shorter 6GC I guess, I could just see the 4GC at around $45k-$50k and taking sales away from the 6GC.

But the current 3-series isn't what it used to be, it was meant to be a small sports car/sedan, it is not a size of the older 5-series. It's much bigger, longer and wider these days.
A 4-series GC will have a very tight backseat if not practically useless, the 6-series GC is already somewhat cramped and that is much longer. But a 4-series GC could work if they make a shorter 6GC I guess, I could just see the 4GC at around $45k-$50k and taking sales away from the 6GC.
and possibly cannibilizing 5-series sales? not sure where BMW is headed with this lineup strategy so i'll just hold up and wait til more info drops

friscosfinest - thanks for clarifying

real pics are out from the detroit auto show now

hottest BMW in a whileeeee

Last edited:
Love the concept, but I think it could have done without the fender vents a la Lexus LSF

Back
Top Bottom