BMW a good move?

I'm gonna be honest and say I really don't respect someone driving a luxury vehicle that's over 3 years old. Especially if you're not wealthy and have to save for the car.

:lol:

Warren-Buffett-Lincoln-Towncar.jpg

Warren Buffets 1998 Town Car.

What type of ****** up thinkin y'all on today?

The year/make/model has ZERO to do with what a person can afford, or in no way makes him a budget baller or "trying hard".

Only he knows if can truely afford it or not.

Dude at my barbershop owns a new vett.

He just recently went out and copped the bubble eye GS.

Why?

Because he likes that model > the newer ones.

Y'all worse then females :x

Wait what? :lol: geeze bro you jumped a whole gun

And yeah no one really knows what he can afford right? But being able to pay for something doesn't mean you can afford it. Same goes for your barber and whomever else.

You really think OP likes the '06 model better than the newer ones? :lol:

We aren't talking about a rare M3 from the 90s cuh :lol:

So yeah OP just save your money. Congrats on getting through school and focus on that. Get something much more practical if you have to and do it right for 8-10 years. Get everything in your life squared away and then roll up to the dealer and get the car you really want and earned straight cash :pimp:. Then hit the streets and put them thangs on em

:lol: I know it's incomprehensible for the tryhards on NT, but some people really do prefer older bodystyles to newer ones. Thats why if you go to any Country Club you'll see extremely wealthy people who keep buying the same W140s, e39s and other dated models over and over.

DO IT!!

for 10K no more!
You'll be hard pressed to find an FD for 10k.

Found a 93 rx7 turbo 90k miles. He wants 17k. What do?

I would say no. RX7 and their rotary motors rarely ever last. I've never personally had the opportunity to work on one, but this is what I've been told from other owners. Many of them need to have their motors rebuilt at some point in time or replaced once past 75k miles. Although I do love the classic styling of these 90's import sports cars, mainly rx7's, mr2's, and supras. 

Apex seals crap out on all wankels eventually. Not really a big deal, just comes with the territory. FDs are well worth the cost of repair/replacement.

You don't daily rx-7s and you better learn how to tear down your own engine. If you aren't into that it's not for you. I used to own one.

I make 200k a year and ride the metro and walk everywhere, and I don't even live in the city. Practical is more important than being flashy Just stay in your lane and the chips will eventually fall into place. Once you start making money, you'll realize its value and won't look to material possessions to define you. Don't spend every dollar you have, because one day you may be down, and you'll need every little you can get.

Naw that 07 Camry SE is the best looking Camry of all times.

I have an '11 SE (same body style but different kit and rims than 07 but generally the same) and I think its the smoothest looking Camry to date.

Interior sucks though. :lol:

I HATE TOYOTA, ESPECIALLY THE CAMRY, BUT EVEN MORE THE COROLLA. HATE THEM SO MUCH.

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com

A bunch of dealerships sell the mopar maximum care warranty for about half the retail price because they do them in bulk. You could save yourself a lot of headache.
2013 dart no problems , my oil change a 100 tho cuz i got the rallye :rolleyes

My cousin has a 2013 Dart as well. ****** just went out and I'd be surprised if she has 10K miles on it.

I make 200k a year and ride the metro and walk everywhere, and I don't even live in the city. Practical is more important than being flashy Just stay in your lane and the chips will eventually fall into place. Once you start making money, you'll realize its value and won't look to material possessions to define you. Don't spend every dollar you have, because one day you may be down, and you'll need every little you can get.

So much truth to this right here. Hope to work 12 months of the year, but budget for 9. You never know when you'll need it.

You don't daily rx-7s and you better learn how to tear down your own engine. If you aren't into that it's not for you. I used to own one.

You do if you're a boss *** *****
I did. :lol: left me stranded a few times. I was so torn between small block, rebuild or selling. I sold it and I still regret it. It was an immaculate fc. Not even a ding anywhere and my dumb *** sold it as a roller for 1k when I was broke.

So you're saying you make 200K and don't own a car?

You a TraPpStar bra .....

Been there. Done that
Do not buy a used German luxury car. BMWs are notorious for crappy cooling systems that fail like the water pump.
I had a Benz back in the day. Absolute POS. Only buy buy a German car if it's new with a warranty.

Germans like to overengineer things. They complicate the most basic things.Their cars have a lot of parts cramed under the hood. To get to certain components like a starter or water pump you have to lift the engine or some stupid ****. Japanese cars, you have plenty of room to work with and the parts are easy to get to

Get a Japanese car if you want reliability. GOAT reliable car is the Toyota corolla. If you want luxury but Toyota reliability, get a Lexus

Last edited:
Been there. Done that
Do not buy a used German luxury car. BMWs are notorious for crappy cooling systems that fail like the water pump.
I had a Benz back in the day. Absolute POS. Only buy buy a German car if it's new with a warranty.

Germans like to overengineer things. They complicate the most basic things.Their cars have a lot of parts cramed under the hood. To get to cetain components like a starter or water pump you have to lift the engine or some stupid ****. Japanese cars, you have plenty of room to work with and the parts are easy to get to

Get a Japanese car if you want reliability. GOAT reliable car is the Toyota corolla. If you want luxury but Toyota reliability, get a Lexus
As someone who has had multiple Audi's, VW's, BMW's, Toyota's, Lexuses, Honda's, and a Benz in their family, this is pretty much the truth.

The German cars (VW, Audi, BMW, Benz), they look nice af and run well, but damn, when something goes wrong, it costs you a pretty penny.

Meanwhile the Japanese cars, while not as sleek or flashy, have tended to be slightly more reliable. Definitely a lot cheaper to repair when something goes wrong, if something even goes wrong. My pop's '07 Toyota Tundra is going strong at 276,000+ miles with no major issues whatsoever. Grandmother's '07 Lexus ES350 going strong at 180,000ish miles. Aunt's Accord Coupe at 162,000 last time I was in it (last Spring break) and no issues that I know of.

That's why the next car will be that GS350, hopefully next month. 
nthat.gif

Man there was always an issue with my VW :lol: If i didn;t fix something nothing else would go wrong, but about a week after I would fix an issue a new one appeared.
So my advice with German, if your issue is minor.... don't fix it

Not serious

Back
Top Bottom