Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

what was the significance of the muddy footsteps in the lobby of the Ritz before the credits rolled?

Anyone? I was wondering the same thing
Considering the Ritz is the pinnacle of class and luxury, the floor represents the clean veneer of Nucky's former life, which is growing increasingly remote. Although he is corrupt as the day is long, he previously maintained a somewhat wholesome image. Gambling and  election rigging are a far cry from cold blooded murder, which Nucky has now ordered twice (Schroeder and the Jewish witness) The mud just shows how Nucky is descending into full-blown evil, both through his choices and those of his underlings.

what was the significance of the muddy footsteps in the lobby of the Ritz before the credits rolled?

Considering the Ritz is the pinnacle of class and luxury, the floor represents the clean veneer of Nucky's former life, which is growing increasingly remote. Although he is corrupt as the day is long, he previously maintained a somewhat wholesome image. Gambling and  election rigging are a far cry from cold blooded murder, which Nucky has now ordered twice (Schroeder and the Jewish witness) The mud just shows how Nucky is descending into full-blown evil, both through his choices and those of his underlings.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Is anybody else a little bugged out that Jimmy acts just like Leo would? Idk if it the reference has been made in the previous pages, so excuse the lateness if it has. I just think it's kinda silly.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  What Leo are you talking about?  DiCaprio?  If yes, then I haven't made that connection as far as Michael Pitt's portrayal of Jimmy goes. 
DiCaprio. Smoking all the time, leaning his head a bit forward when talking to others, etc... could be just coincidence

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Is anybody else a little bugged out that Jimmy acts just like Leo would? Idk if it the reference has been made in the previous pages, so excuse the lateness if it has. I just think it's kinda silly.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  What Leo are you talking about?  DiCaprio?  If yes, then I haven't made that connection as far as Michael Pitt's portrayal of Jimmy goes. 
DiCaprio. Smoking all the time, leaning his head a bit forward when talking to others, etc... could be just coincidence

The first five minutes
laugh.gif

Another good episode.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Budweiser

This, and I think it also shows that he might be starting to slip up.
The games getting a lot dirtier and his tracks are beggining to show.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Hmmmm....interesting POV.  Makes sense. 

Hmmmm....interesting POV.  Makes sense. 

Not very hard to see considering they look like they could be brothers, or at least cousins.

Not very hard to see considering they look like they could be brothers, or at least cousins.

A friend of mine were just talking about the show, and he mentioned to me that Nucky is only appearing in five episodes
eek.gif
(I checked IMDB for confirmation). I don't see it being the first five episodes straight, so it will be interesting to see how/when he appears the rest of the season.

A friend of mine were just talking about the show, and he mentioned to me that Nucky is only appearing in five episodes
eek.gif
(I checked IMDB for confirmation). I don't see it being the first five episodes straight, so it will be interesting to see how/when he appears the rest of the season.

Good theory.

I also like the theory about Nucky being Jimmy's father

Good theory.

I also like the theory about Nucky being Jimmy's father

Van Alden is a straight savage. After the last ep, he seems like he's on some Kevin Spacey from Seven steez. Who quotes a lengthy Bible passage immediately after (effectively) murdering someone? I see him going down HARD before the season is out.

Also, it looks like they roll up on the KKK like the Count of Monte Cristo (ODB
pimp.gif
) next ep.
pimp.gif

Van Alden is a straight savage. After the last ep, he seems like he's on some Kevin Spacey from Seven steez. Who quotes a lengthy Bible passage immediately after (effectively) murdering someone? I see him going down HARD before the season is out.

Also, it looks like they roll up on the KKK like the Count of Monte Cristo (ODB
pimp.gif
) next ep.
pimp.gif

Diego dropping good knowledge in here
pimp.gif
Nucky being Jimmy's father crossed my mind but it didn't completely click until you posted those examples. Van Alden stealing the body then shoving his hand into dude's wound to get a name
eek.gif
RUTHLESS. Can't wait to see Jimmy and Capone link up in Chicago.

Diego dropping good knowledge in here
pimp.gif
Nucky being Jimmy's father crossed my mind but it didn't completely click until you posted those examples. Van Alden stealing the body then shoving his hand into dude's wound to get a name
eek.gif
RUTHLESS. Can't wait to see Jimmy and Capone link up in Chicago.

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif
Damn. Maybe we follow Jimmy to Chicago? or [Omar] gets a bigger role.

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif
Damn. Maybe we follow Jimmy to Chicago? or [Omar] gets a bigger role.

Agreed. Also I remember Jimmy saying Nucky cant be half a gangster or crook. I think the mud shows Nucky becoming one of the hardened guys he's associated with.Who killed the black dude though? I must've missed that part.

Agreed. Also I remember Jimmy saying Nucky cant be half a gangster or crook. I think the mud shows Nucky becoming one of the hardened guys he's associated with.Who killed the black dude though? I must've missed that part.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

They didn't show, but I assume it was Doyle, the guy who was broken up by the Prohibition agents and replaced by Chalky.

Back
Top Bottom