Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

The JO Lucy is losing it. I know she is going to run up on Margette in the street. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also did anyone else pick up on Jimmy's baby mother saying she hasn't gotten any money from Jimmy yet but we know Jimmy has been sending her some cash. I think the Fed is holding his letters, and somehow that is how he is going to find Jimmy. 

The Marksman 
pimp.gif
 he will come in handy to Jim.

The JO Lucy is losing it. I know she is going to run up on Margette in the street. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also did anyone else pick up on Jimmy's baby mother saying she hasn't gotten any money from Jimmy yet but we know Jimmy has been sending her some cash. I think the Fed is holding his letters, and somehow that is how he is going to find Jimmy. 

The Marksman 
pimp.gif

i thought i would never love again after the wire ended and lost disappointed me

i am pleasantly surprised

i thought i would never love again after the wire ended and lost disappointed me

i am pleasantly surprised

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

The dialogue in this ep was superb. Loving all the Jimmy scenes. The marksman putting in work
pimp.gif
Right under the eye.

Didn't peg Jimmy's wife as a lesbian or being bi. Nice reveal
pimp.gif
Not sure I like the Meyer Lansky portrayal. Homey becomes the biggest Jewish mobster of all time and he comes off as a wise guy.

Really enjoyed this ep. Loving Harrow's character too. The way he talks alone makes him a badass.
I am not sure of the timeline of the show's events and those of meyer lansky's career, but early on in his career meyer did work for the italian mafia. Miami/Vegas/LA and being his own man came later.
   Can you please remind me who the Meyer Lansky character is?
Sorry, Im really bad with names at times.
Well in the story Meyer is the short guy that offers Chalky an opportunity to sell directly to Rothstein in Manhattan. Chalky thinks he was sent by Nucky to see if he'd betray him. At the time his name isn't mentioned. He's named when he comes with Lucky to meet the D'Alessio brothers.

In real life he was Lucky's right hand man and as I said biggest Jewish mobster of all time. The two helped each other to become titans in the crime world.

@MARTIN AND CO I knew he worked with Italians with Lucky when he started out but I'm probably still hung up on how he was portrayed in the movie Mobsters. That stuck with me and made me think Meyer was more like how Rothstein is on this show and should be acting like him. I'll approach with fresh eyes and see how he develops. They've done Capone and Lucky well.
Hmm I've never seen Mobsters, Lansky was an important person for sure, its just the timeline that determines how important. This show moves very slow,  and reads sort of like a movie, but this isn't a mini series. Theres season 2 next year and then who knows how many seasons after that. I think it's impossible for them to keep it about Atlantic city exclusively, because NY/Chicago have much more history during prohibition (although during prohibition AC was legendary, not like it is now). Everyone was a small timer at some point, and even so far we've seen one of the biggest gangster of all time (Al) doing driving duties. I believe it was in the 30s when Lansky became big, but prohibition just started in the series so this is 1920-1921 I assume? Also I do want to say that I got Bugsy Seigel and Lansky mixed up a little bit. Lansky was more important in the Mafia but it was Seigel who built the foundation for what Vegas is now. Lansky is more responsible for Miami and Havana's development. 

The dialogue in this ep was superb. Loving all the Jimmy scenes. The marksman putting in work
pimp.gif
Right under the eye.

Didn't peg Jimmy's wife as a lesbian or being bi. Nice reveal
pimp.gif
Not sure I like the Meyer Lansky portrayal. Homey becomes the biggest Jewish mobster of all time and he comes off as a wise guy.

Really enjoyed this ep. Loving Harrow's character too. The way he talks alone makes him a badass.
I am not sure of the timeline of the show's events and those of meyer lansky's career, but early on in his career meyer did work for the italian mafia. Miami/Vegas/LA and being his own man came later.
   Can you please remind me who the Meyer Lansky character is?
Sorry, Im really bad with names at times.
Well in the story Meyer is the short guy that offers Chalky an opportunity to sell directly to Rothstein in Manhattan. Chalky thinks he was sent by Nucky to see if he'd betray him. At the time his name isn't mentioned. He's named when he comes with Lucky to meet the D'Alessio brothers.

In real life he was Lucky's right hand man and as I said biggest Jewish mobster of all time. The two helped each other to become titans in the crime world.

@MARTIN AND CO I knew he worked with Italians with Lucky when he started out but I'm probably still hung up on how he was portrayed in the movie Mobsters. That stuck with me and made me think Meyer was more like how Rothstein is on this show and should be acting like him. I'll approach with fresh eyes and see how he develops. They've done Capone and Lucky well.
Hmm I've never seen Mobsters, Lansky was an important person for sure, its just the timeline that determines how important. This show moves very slow,  and reads sort of like a movie, but this isn't a mini series. Theres season 2 next year and then who knows how many seasons after that. I think it's impossible for them to keep it about Atlantic city exclusively, because NY/Chicago have much more history during prohibition (although during prohibition AC was legendary, not like it is now). Everyone was a small timer at some point, and even so far we've seen one of the biggest gangster of all time (Al) doing driving duties. I believe it was in the 30s when Lansky became big, but prohibition just started in the series so this is 1920-1921 I assume? Also I do want to say that I got Bugsy Seigel and Lansky mixed up a little bit. Lansky was more important in the Mafia but it was Seigel who built the foundation for what Vegas is now. Lansky is more responsible for Miami and Havana's development. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

That line in the beginning about women "letting men speak so as to expose how weak they are"

30t6p3b.gif

Its a game fellas, don't lose.

Only if you mess with "concubines"

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

That line in the beginning about women "letting men speak so as to expose how weak they are"

30t6p3b.gif

Its a game fellas, don't lose.

Only if you mess with "concubines"

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by bkmac

Richard Harrow 
pimp.gif
. I can't imagine how (real) life was for a man in his situation post-war.

I was thinking the same thing after watching this ep. Dude was literally missing half his face, its sad but I couldn't imagine him living anything even remotely close to a normal life, finding love or let alone even a job seems impossible.
i took a shot to your post and that character
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by bkmac

Richard Harrow 
pimp.gif
. I can't imagine how (real) life was for a man in his situation post-war.

I was thinking the same thing after watching this ep. Dude was literally missing half his face, its sad but I couldn't imagine him living anything even remotely close to a normal life, finding love or let alone even a job seems impossible.
i took a shot to your post and that character
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Marksman 
pimp.gif
I see the Fed getting clapped before Jimmy getting arrested. They've built Jimmy up too well as a character to throw him in jail.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Marksman 
pimp.gif
I see the Fed getting clapped before Jimmy getting arrested. They've built Jimmy up too well as a character to throw him in jail.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Best episode so far.
Definitely
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Alsodid anyone else pick up on Jimmy's baby mother saying she hasn't gottenany money from Jimmy yet but we know Jimmy has been sending her somecash. I think the Fed is holding his letters, and somehow that is howhe is going to find Jimmy. 

The Marksman 
pimp.gif

Yeah I thing you right on the JO running up on Margarette. And nice catch on Jimmy's baby mother not getting the mail he's sending. I can definitely see the fed dude snatching up his mail and tracing it back to him from the post office.

And
eek.gif
at that sniper scene. Gangsta!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Best episode so far.
Definitely
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Alsodid anyone else pick up on Jimmy's baby mother saying she hasn't gottenany money from Jimmy yet but we know Jimmy has been sending her somecash. I think the Fed is holding his letters, and somehow that is howhe is going to find Jimmy. 

The Marksman 
pimp.gif

Yeah I thing you right on the JO running up on Margarette. And nice catch on Jimmy's baby mother not getting the mail he's sending. I can definitely see the fed dude snatching up his mail and tracing it back to him from the post office.

And
eek.gif
at that sniper scene. Gangsta!
pimp.gif

Finished the episode last night and I'm loving the show. Richard Harrow was a super creepy scary dude. A dude like that on Jimmy's team and he will def be the muscle for Nucky eventually.

The Margaret Shroeder character is so different than that battered house wife. Great character.

Finished the episode last night and I'm loving the show. Richard Harrow was a super creepy scary dude. A dude like that on Jimmy's team and he will def be the muscle for Nucky eventually.

The Margaret Shroeder character is so different than that battered house wife. Great character.

Zik I read somewhere that they are trying to do a loose portrayal of some of these real life characters in order to not be confined to only what happened in reality and have a little more flexibility in terms of building a story. That might be why Meyer isnt exactly how you envisioned him to be based on actual facts (Although you prob already know this).

Also is it possible that Jimmys baby mother is screwing the photographer AND his wife? When the two girls were in the bed they were talking about a certain guy not finding out about them because he might stop giving her (Jimmys wife) money.

Yeah I've come to terms with it. I know it moves so slow and I actually like that so Imma just sit back and watch and see what they do with the characters and their story especially if they don't want to be pigeon holed by the historical facts. Al being low level was one of the things that got me so interested cuz usually in movies the come up part is like the first 30 minutes and goes by quick.

I recommend the movie. Christian Slater portrays Lucky well.

It'd be a bit too wild if Jimmy's baby moms is smashing the photographer and his wife while the photographer doesn't know. Given the time period he'd be probably be more mad about the lesbianism than missing out on a 3some
laugh.gif
Anyway her involvement with Nucky also got me interested. Wonder where that subplot goes.

Zik I read somewhere that they are trying to do a loose portrayal of some of these real life characters in order to not be confined to only what happened in reality and have a little more flexibility in terms of building a story. That might be why Meyer isnt exactly how you envisioned him to be based on actual facts (Although you prob already know this).

Also is it possible that Jimmys baby mother is screwing the photographer AND his wife? When the two girls were in the bed they were talking about a certain guy not finding out about them because he might stop giving her (Jimmys wife) money.

Yeah I've come to terms with it. I know it moves so slow and I actually like that so Imma just sit back and watch and see what they do with the characters and their story especially if they don't want to be pigeon holed by the historical facts. Al being low level was one of the things that got me so interested cuz usually in movies the come up part is like the first 30 minutes and goes by quick.

I recommend the movie. Christian Slater portrays Lucky well.

It'd be a bit too wild if Jimmy's baby moms is smashing the photographer and his wife while the photographer doesn't know. Given the time period he'd be probably be more mad about the lesbianism than missing out on a 3some
laugh.gif
Anyway her involvement with Nucky also got me interested. Wonder where that subplot goes.

I was just about to ask if anybody caught that convo about Jimmy not sending any money. I never thought about that possibility though, I'm looking forward to the outcome of that.

The Philly dudes teaming up with Lucky and AR cannot mean good news for my dude Nucky, but we see him and Jimmy meet up again next week. Maybe thoes two (along with Chalky) team up as well and they all go at it? Or is that wishful thinking?
laugh.gif

I can't wait to see what happens....

Back
Top Bottom