Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

I was just about to ask if anybody caught that convo about Jimmy not sending any money. I never thought about that possibility though, I'm looking forward to the outcome of that.

The Philly dudes teaming up with Lucky and AR cannot mean good news for my dude Nucky, but we see him and Jimmy meet up again next week. Maybe thoes two (along with Chalky) team up as well and they all go at it? Or is that wishful thinking?
laugh.gif

I can't wait to see what happens....

So I'm saying though exactly who was the money for when we saw that scene with Jimmy writing a letter and putting money in an envelope? I think in this scene Al comes in/knocks on the door(not sure which time maybe when he gave him the meat and Jimmy was shook). Nah I think one of them pros interrupted him.

So I'm saying though exactly who was the money for when we saw that scene with Jimmy writing a letter and putting money in an envelope? I think in this scene Al comes in/knocks on the door(not sure which time maybe when he gave him the meat and Jimmy was shook). Nah I think one of them pros interrupted him.

It was to Angela, his BM/GF. I believe it said so in the beginning of the note.

It said something like "use it how you see fit", or something like that...

It was to Angela, his BM/GF. I believe it said so in the beginning of the note.

It said something like "use it how you see fit", or something like that...

But did he mail it out? That's what I really meant to ask since I assumed it was to her but she's saying she aint get no money.

But did he mail it out? That's what I really meant to ask since I assumed it was to her but she's saying she aint get no money.

I never even noticed he wrote a letter but now that yous guys mention it, it makes perfect sense that the Federal dude has been tampering with the mail.

Arent they using the Post Office as their headquarters cause thats the only federal building they could work out of in AC?

I swear discussing this show with you dudes makes BW like 10x better.

PAUSE.

I never even noticed he wrote a letter but now that yous guys mention it, it makes perfect sense that the Federal dude has been tampering with the mail.

Arent they using the Post Office as their headquarters cause thats the only federal building they could work out of in AC?

I swear discussing this show with you dudes makes BW like 10x better.

PAUSE.

I mentioned that when we talked about that ep in one post but that's exactly what I thought when we saw Van Alden looking at some papers in his apt, thinking he would've read the note and found out Jimmy was in the Chi but it turned out to be Shroeder's medical info and then he started getting nasty with it.

It makes perfect sense that he'd flag all mail going to Angela although that's really against the law I think. when I was putting all this together I was then thinning Jimmy should address it to Nucky so he could give her the money.

I know what you saying certain shows with added discussion makes it that much better.

I mentioned that when we talked about that ep in one post but that's exactly what I thought when we saw Van Alden looking at some papers in his apt, thinking he would've read the note and found out Jimmy was in the Chi but it turned out to be Shroeder's medical info and then he started getting nasty with it.

It makes perfect sense that he'd flag all mail going to Angela although that's really against the law I think. when I was putting all this together I was then thinning Jimmy should address it to Nucky so he could give her the money.

I know what you saying certain shows with added discussion makes it that much better.

Van Alden's character is intriguing.

On one hand he's this God fearing man who beats himself at even the slightest un-pure thought. And on the other we've see him, on multiple occasions, break the law to get what he wants to solve this case. Not to mention he's a weirdo/pervert
laugh.gif

I'm interested in seeing what his home life is like. I love the depth added to him and all the other characters, so far.

It would make sense that he's the reason Angela hasn't been getting the letters. I can't think of what else it could be...

On one hand he's this God fearing man who beats himself at even the slightest un-pure thought. And on the other we've see him, on multiple occasions, break the law to get what he wants to solve this case. Not to mention he's a weirdo/pervert
laugh.gif

I'm interested in seeing what his home life is like. I love the depth added to him and all the other characters, so far.

It would make sense that he's the reason Angela hasn't been getting the letters. I can't think of what else it could be...

This show grows on me every week... I love where there going with this. Anyone know how many more episodes until the end of the season? Don't want to see this one go.

This show grows on me every week... I love where there going with this. Anyone know how many more episodes until the end of the season? Don't want to see this one go.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

laugh.gif

There was a shot at the end of episode one I believe where he was eating dinner with his wife and not a word was spoken or eye contact shared.

laugh.gif

There was a shot at the end of episode one I believe where he was eating dinner with his wife and not a word was spoken or eye contact shared.

There was a scene when he was sent back home. It was like a Quaker/Puritan relationship with his wife. Mad stern, awkward to watch, and mundane. I'd love to see them cut to his wife later drinking and getting wilder than any girl we've seen yet.

There was a scene when he was sent back home. It was like a Quaker/Puritan relationship with his wife. Mad stern, awkward to watch, and mundane. I'd love to see them cut to his wife later drinking and getting wilder than any girl we've seen yet.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wow, what an episode. I loved the Phantom of the Opera music at the end....so fitting.

Anyone pick up how Nucky was shutting up his JO when she interruped his meeting and subsequently kicked her out vs. how Margaret interrupted Nucky's story about how his dad burned him and he just kinda stood there and took it? You can tell he's really soft for Margaret. Can't wait to see where this story goes....
Those were totally different situations.

I like how each episode seemingly has its own motif.

Of course it's a different situation...but I'm talking about the contrast between the two women in how they are both treated and viewed by Nucky.  On top of it all, one is respected and the other isn't.  It's been evident since the whole "League of Nations' joke and so forth....for as slick as the JO speaks to Margaret, she doesn't know her place and has caught feelings for Nucky.  Because of this, I think there's going to be an epic blowup between the two women....

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wow, what an episode. I loved the Phantom of the Opera music at the end....so fitting.

Anyone pick up how Nucky was shutting up his JO when she interruped his meeting and subsequently kicked her out vs. how Margaret interrupted Nucky's story about how his dad burned him and he just kinda stood there and took it? You can tell he's really soft for Margaret. Can't wait to see where this story goes....
Those were totally different situations.

I like how each episode seemingly has its own motif.

Of course it's a different situation...but I'm talking about the contrast between the two women in how they are both treated and viewed by Nucky.  On top of it all, one is respected and the other isn't.  It's been evident since the whole "League of Nations' joke and so forth....for as slick as the JO speaks to Margaret, she doesn't know her place and has caught feelings for Nucky.  Because of this, I think there's going to be an epic blowup between the two women....

i dont think its Van Alden messin with the mail, maybe Jimmy never sent it or it just takes awhile, remember it is the 20s...

i dont think its Van Alden messin with the mail, maybe Jimmy never sent it or it just takes awhile, remember it is the 20s...

Back
Top Bottom