Boardwalk Empire (season 2) thread Vol. Season 1 Blu-Ray 1/10 *Best Buy 2 per store?!*

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Rothstein the smoothest dude on the show
pimp.gif
Love how he smelled out their "isht" early
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Has anyone figured out who it was Slater killed?
I assume it was just an enemy from overseas from the Troubles, don't think he was anyone of major significance, just someone he was looking for... I can't recall but he might have said he betrayed his people, not sure, though.

Loved last night's episode.

The dream sequences are vintage Sopranos, repeating the dream at the end was great to show that Nucky is still worried and despite his plan, he's not out of the woods by any means.

The double meanings and metaphors were great. Rothstein's "manure when you conduct business in a stable" line... then Manny's story about the hunter and the butcher, and then Nucky's story of the drowning man. All great scenes and writing.

The meeting between Rothstein, Nucky, and Torio was brilliantly done as well, one of my favorite from the series. The three older, wise men discussing their strategies and how they're dealing with their underlings' new rising power. "The pups have grown fangs"
pimp.gif
The show does a good job of portraying the ambition and drive of the younger characters, yet they're still going up against veteran criminals who won't roll over easily. Jimmy seems to be unraveling, and he knows that Eli was right.. Nucky is smarter than he is, so a celebration is probably short-sighted because Nucky won't simply give in. Margaret's son saying "your move, dad" while playing the board game was another great line in the episode.

Angela's story I was less interested in, but I didn't mind it. Nelson is hilarious whenever I see him now, the awkwardness around the woman and his daughter was great. We did get a look into his new morality, he made sure to distinguish what he was doing from truly "evil" things like murder.

From the preview for next week plus the name of the episode, "Fight of the Century" I assume we'll get the Dempsey fight, plus Chalky leading his people on the strike and I'm sure some more violence and conflict. The remaining season is shaping up to be amazing.

^ I loved Rothstein when he in the stable with Lucky. The choice of words was brilliant, especially when Lucky said he wasnt messing with Jimmy mom anymore.

Why did Jimmy through ol boy over the balcony? Because he's friends with the other dude?

No way Nuck is going to bow out quietly. Telling Chalky to organize a strike, he def has 1 more trick up his sleeve.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The meeting between Rothstein, Nucky, and Torio was brilliantly done as well, one of my favorite from the series.

Best scene last night.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Why did Jimmy throwugh ol boy over the balcony? Because he's friends with the other dude?

Jimmy has had it in for Mickey ever since he tricked Jimmy into drinking that chemical at the disterllery. When Mickey crossed Nuck it was an excuse for Jimmy to pay it back. (I think he spat in his drink) And when Mickey was not only a constant reminder of how Jimmy owes, but then showed up with the dude who's been making thinly veiled threats and questioning his ability to lead, that was the last straw.

It was a flex of muscles for the butcher (name?) but that old guy is not shook in the slightest and may be more of a problem than Jimmy can wrap his mind around.

I think Jimmy is a little over his head already. Had Doyle looking like Mankind when he threw im through a table off the balcony...

This battle between Manny and Jimmy is going to be crazy...

Rothstein is that dude. Handles everthing so proper...

I thought this dude Slater was done for...
laugh.gif
 Its only a matter of time tho...

And what exactly is the significance of the boat/ship that Nuck stared at on the game board?? Does it have to do with dude from Ireland??

Once dude cracked the top of the crate and showed those Thompsons to Nuck... The
'S**T just got real!' phrase ran through my head...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

And what exactly is the significance of the boat/ship that Nuck stared at on the game board?? Does it have to do with dude from Ireland??

Yeah I assumed it had to deal with the past business dealings with Ireland, and gave Nucky the idea to get more involved in the cause overseas.

And I had a big grin on my face when Jimmy threw Mickey over the balcony... took me by surprise
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Yeah I assumed it had to deal with the past business dealings with Ireland, and gave Nucky the idea to get more involved in the cause overseas.

And I had a big grin on my face when Jimmy threw Mickey over the balcony... took me by surprise
laugh.gif
Oh man, I really felt that one coming the way the camera was showing them looking down at everything and how Mickey Doyle can be such a douche and get on people's nerves.

I'm starting to get the feeling that my man Richard is gonna bounce soon. I think he sees that the war isn't over yet.

can anyone PM me a link to watch online without it stopping me saying i have to become a member to watch the full video? thanks in advacnce

...damn is there a Team Boardwalk Empire or something of the sort....this series is entering the goat ranks

Just thinking about the title of last weeks episode "Two Boats and a Lifeguard" I think the tow boats and the lifeguard are Margaret and her two children, which would explain why Nucky was staring at the board game, the joke he told Margaret and him leaving his position.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I don't know how you guys believe that he missed on purpose. He aimed for Nucky's head, Nuck put his hand up and tried to block it and back away, the bullet hit him in the hand! He stood over Nucky and was about to finish him off until the Fed blew his brains out. Did you not see Jimmy's reaction to the man saying 'He's ok, he's Alive'

WHAT THE %$* ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING AT?

Truth

Prediction: Nucky's about to sell the surplus guns to the Irish... and Margaret's daughter has meningitis...

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Prediction: Nucky's about to sell the surplus guns to the Irish... and Margaret's daughter has meningitis...
You're 1/1 so far.

Knew Manny wasnt gonna go out that easy. Dont know how you miss w a sawed off tho
laugh.gif

Its about to get serious now, and this show is def moving into my top favorites list. Too real
smokin.gif
I was also thinking about Jimmys luck lately. Messed up back to back assasination attempts. Hes causing quite a few problems for himself considering hed pretty much be on top if both those attempts were successful. I hope Jimmy comes out on top bc he is my favorite character, but the preview make me wonder
Only 3 episodes left
frown.gif

I think Horowitz is going to talk to Nucky about helping him out because Jimmy is an idiot. and/or Horowitz will attempt to take out some of Jimmys boy's. 
Nucky is going to come back with a vengeance and the brothers are striking. 

Don't know who said it a few posts ago but we need a Team Boardwalk Empire.

If Christopher Nolan ever makes a grittier, darker, more realistic Half Baked, I'm nominating the guy playing Purnsley as a scarier Samson Simpson.

Back
Top Bottom